Melbourne Football

Harry Kewell

Murfy1

It's true, the media and people on forums are those who have made it sound as if he was 100% putting pen to paper, not Melbourne Heart.

Both Scott Munn and John Didulica have spoken to the media about Kewell. I doubt that they both would have spoken to the media, in such a short interval as well (Munn on monday night, Didulica on tueday night), if they thought it was unlikely that Kewell would sign for Heart. Remember they also had a press conference planned for Tuesday. 

We also know that Kewell has been talking to Aloisi, and probably numerous times (I recall him and Aloisi also spoke last year). Some media reports have stated that negotiations are in the advanced/final stage, and to my judgement it just looks like they are sorting out the final few details.

I doubt that Kewell could land a contract with a respectable European club, because if European clubs were interested in Kewell then he probably would have signed for one of them around a year ago. Also, Kewell would be aware that under Holger Osieck Kewell could just as easily make the Socceroos World Cup squad from the A-League than from a European club (just ask Rhys Williams). Indeed, Kewell might even have better chances of making the Socceroos squad if he is based in Australia compared with Europe.

No one at Heart has come out and explicitly said 'we've signed Kewell!!!', but I believe that Melbourne Heart's words and actions very much suggest he is on the way. 

I could be wrong, nothing is ever absolutely certain, but as best as I can reason Kewell is on the way. I haven't heard a compelling argument why Kewell isn't coming to Heart either (for instance, like Kewell got an offer from a championship club and thinks he'll make the World Cup squad that way). So a claim without a source is not going to change my judgement.

Whether we sign him or not, this is probably the most amount of positive media attention we've received since day one - and without having to pay for it.

And if 'Arry comes then at minimum wages we get maximum exposure compared to the Tards who had to pay $1M for the same exposure. Gawd we must be smart :lol:

Looks like this will be the Heart's first real taste of a football silly season. No matter how done a deal appears to be in the media, it can change in a blink of an eye. That said, not reading anything into those saying the deal is off. Will believe rumours when I see Harry in a Heart jersey, or otherwise

Means nothing. He still has the one he bought to sleep in when he was playing for the visitors.

Looks like this will be the Heart's first real taste of a football silly season. No matter how done a deal appears to be in the media, it can change in a blink of an eye. That said, not reading anything into those saying the deal is off. Will believe rumours when I see Harry in a Heart jersey, or otherwise

Another brand new user on MHFCsupporters.com, Harry Kewell is creating a bit of an influx in MH supporters already!

Not a new supporter, never really been a big fan of a forum environment though. At this time of year it's simply a matter of when in rome

I think I follow this guru on twitter - Legit Heart man!

Haha, appreciate the validation mate

Can confirm Harry is currently in Monaco with the slapper celebrating their wedding anniversary.

Harry Harry Harry Kewell

Harry Kewell Harry Kewell

Harry Harry Harry Kewell

Harry Harry Kewell

Posh Becks is a slapper

She wears a big fat Jewel

And when she's shaggin Beckham

She thinks of Harry Kewell

Harry Harry Harry Kewell

Harry Harry Kewell

at least we have a new chant...

He can't find a club for 12 months... But gets a call from Portugal 2 hours before signing for us.

Circus alright.

Who knows what's true and what isn't in all of this, but for munn to go all the day there and Harry to disappear 2 hours before speaks perfectly of HK's character.

MELBOURNE Heart remains confident of securing Harry Kewell despite being left to sweat after his last-minute announcement backflip.

Kewell was due to record a TV interview in Manchester on Tuesday to confirm he'd signed for Heart, but withdrew just two hours before it was due to take place.

The next day he flew to Portugal.

Heart chief executive Scott Munn went to England to conclude the deal, but instead returned to Melbourne last night minus Kewell's signature.

It's believed interest from an overseas club may be a factor in Kewell delaying the announcement.

Newcastle Jets have long been courting Kewell, but yesterday confirmed that they'd pitched an offer to Kewell that the former Leeds United and Liverpool star rejected.

"Harry's credentials speak for themselves and we were obviously interested in discussing the possibility of him joining the Jets," Jets chief executive Robbie Middleby said.

"Negotiations progressed to an offer, but unfortunately Harry deemed it to be unsuitable for him and his family.

"We hope to see him playing in the A-League because having players of his calibre competing in our league benefits all clubs."

The offer from Heart is close to A-League minimum wage although there will be provisions for him to boost his salary.

Heart is banking on the Socceroos qualifying for the 2014 World Cup as Kewell is desperate to win his Socceroos spot back.

He was left out of the Socceroos squad for the upcoming matches against Japan, Jordan and Iraq despite playing a five-game stint with Al Gharafa in Qatar.

"I had a chat with Harry and explained why he wasn't included and he accepted that, but it is between him and me," Socceroos coach Holger Osieck said.

Kewell has been searching for a permanent club for the past year since he quit Melbourne Victory for family reasons.

The circus comes and goes, Mr. Munn...

After reading  that. I dont want that cunt anywhere near the bins at latrobe now. 

I dont blame Munn or the club at all. Seems like kewell and neil both lied to their faces. 

You just can't trust anything he says. And for a short time, I started thinking about how this could work, and how, if managed properly, getting Kewell could be good for the club. And of course, now it's turned into a circus.

So what now? Withdraw the offer? There is no way we can afford to let Kewell drag this out. If we give him a deadline of the end of the week to sign, I can just see the Neill situation happening again. Fuck. I think I'd rather the club just tell him to piss off.

Knowing what he's like, why did we have to go down this road? Basically clubless for 12 months, and he still thinks he can screw clubs around.

Edited by Sash

I can't believe this... well I sort of can, but I still don't want to. If he was serious about signing for us, there's no way he would have pulled out of the confirmation interview 2 hours beforehand.

...once again, this reeks of the Lucas Neill situation :(

FFS this has just been a circus, just like they did with Garcia, there should've been an offered tabled and that's it. Now were chasing him all around the world trying to get his signature

If things are as they appear on the surface of all this then it's extremely embarrassing that munn has travelled across the world only to be played for a fool. If kewell has shot off to Portugal regarding another offer then this had to have happened very close to his announcement for heart. On top of that he must have known that munn was on his way to meet him. If this all turns out to be true I for one will refer to him as a cunt from then on in.

• Like 1

Alexiano, what rock have you been hiding under. We all know Munn is overseas.

According to that latest report "Heart chief executive Scott Munn went to England to conclude the deal, but instead returned to Melbourne last night minus Kewell's signature."

That is all I'm calling out.

Think the media has seen a semblance of a story and ran with it. Still a lot more to play out in this one I'd think, although that's just a guess. (Not claiming to be ITK!!)

Great morning though; all negative on Holt, Kewell and, most importantly, Suarez!

• Like 1