Melbourne Football

Harry Kewell

Murfy1

Don't really like the bloke and personally I think he's a greedy little bastard...but for a minimum wage it'd be stupid to pass him over. Sign the chojek up and move onto the international marquee!

Spot on. The bloke is a deadset wank but for 48k a season... there's no downside. If he fucks us around, cya later.

I like I said before Aloisi needs to make him work for his spot.

• Like 1

cant believe people actually want this fuck tard

You've completely missed the point mate. If he was signed as our marquee than yes, everyone on here would have the right to lose there shit.

But on minimum wages, we get a guy, whos played in the highest league in the world and who could possible be a game changer. We would be crazy NOT to sign him. We take no risk whatsoever now, if he gets injured or carrys on like a fucktard just don't play him. But this can pay off big time if it works.

People seem to forget that when he played for victory he had an interrupted pre-season, and it took him half a season for him to show any glimpses of what he is capable of. He'll get a full pre-season under us, and if he just doesn't cut it anymore, we can just piss him off early in the season. At least he's not like Grella, who we were banking on all season to be that x-factor, and than unfortuntely his body just couldn't stand it. We'll be able to see if he's up to it early on in the season and if not? Cut him.

We could sign a million other players but to get media exposure+ a proven footballer for a bargin??? Easy choice

Love him, hate him or rate him. No matter what. One thing will be assured. Brand Awareness. That is what our club needs. We need to let people know that Melbourne Heart exists beyond football followers. Harry Kewell defintely will help lift our profile, if nothing else.

I disagree

• Like 4

You've completely missed the point mate. If he was signed as our marquee than yes, everyone on here would have the right to lose there shit.

But on minimum wages, we get a guy, whos played in the highest league in the world and who could possible be a game changer. We would be crazy NOT to sign him. We take no risk whatsoever now, if he gets injured or carrys on like a fucktard just don't play him. But this can pay off big time if it works.

People seem to forget that when he played for victory he had an interrupted pre-season, and it took him half a season for him to show any glimpses of what he is capable of. He'll get a full pre-season under us, and if he just doesn't cut it anymore, we can just piss him off early in the season. At least he's not like Grella, who we were banking on all season to be that x-factor, and than unfortuntely his body just couldn't stand it. We'll be able to see if he's up to it early on in the season and if not? Cut him.

We could sign a million other players but to get media exposure+ a proven footballer for a bargin??? Easy choice

what point? that we are signing a cunt?

words can't describe how much hate i have for this human

You've completely missed the point mate. If he was signed as our marquee than yes, everyone on here would have the right to lose there shit.But on minimum wages, we get a guy, whos played in the highest league in the world and who could possible be a game changer. We would be crazy NOT to sign him. We take no risk whatsoever now, if he gets injured or carrys on like a fucktard just don't play him. But this can pay off big time if it works. People seem to forget that when he played for victory he had an interrupted pre-season, and it took him half a season for him to show any glimpses of what he is capable of. He'll get a full pre-season under us, and if he just doesn't cut it anymore, we can just piss him off early in the season. At least he's not like Grella, who we were banking on all season to be that x-factor, and than unfortuntely his body just couldn't stand it. We'll be able to see if he's up to it early on in the season and if not? Cut him. We could sign a million other players but to get media exposure+ a proven footballer for a bargin??? Easy choice

what point? that we are signing a cunt? words can't describe how much hate i have for this human

Hate is a big word. Why do you hate him so much?

Ray Gatt, the Australian's leading football writer, tweeted a few hours ago, in response to a tweet about Kewell's Heart deal including sponsorship arrangements, that he's "already heard there are sponsorship deals, including one with a car company". So Heart will pay him $48k and third parties will pay him whatever they please. The result is Heart gets Kewell for $48,000 for one season, and Kewell has a significant financial incentive to join Heart (due to the sponsorship arrangements), coupled with Kewell's drive to make next year's World Cup squad.

Hyundai perhaps? With Hyundai sponsoring the league, it would add to the impression that the club has been working closely with the FFA to make this happen. In fact, I don't think the FFA would allow clubs or high profile players like Kewell to enter into sponsorships with competing car companies so as not to devalue Hyundai's sponsorship. Not 100% sure though.

Hyundai would make sense, as I think there's an exclusivity clause in their sponsorship deal with the A-League. I'm not sure exactly sure on the details either, but I can't remember any other car company besides Hyundai being associated with the A-League or its players over the league's several years of existence. It could be that the FFA has sought an exception for the sake of Heart and Kewell, which would be rather fair as the FFA has accommodated a number of Socceroos and marquees at other clubs. Or perhaps Hyundai simply is the car company. It looks like we'll find out pretty soon.

Kewell must be fit for Heart start

May 29, 2013

Michael Lynch

When Harry Kewell finally succumbed to Melbourne Victory's courtship in the winter of 2011, he waited until mid-September - a few weeks before the A-League season kicked off - to arrive at his new club. As a result, he was rusty and lacking match fitness, and for all his talents it took him half a season to hit his straps.

Should Melbourne Heart - as is now being widely touted - succeed in hooking what would be its fourth Victory old boy, the Socceroo great would be given no such licence. Approaching 35 and having played only a handful of times since his last game for Victory in March 2012, he needs all the fitness and pre-season match practice he can get.

''We would expect any foreign-based players and new people we sign to be here by early July, and that would be the case for Harry,'' Heart operations boss John Didulica said on Tuesday.

Didulica said that talks with the former Leeds and Liverpool star were going well - Heart boss John Aloisi and Kewell were international teammates for years - but until the deal was sealed he was reluctant to say that Kewell would be lining up in red and white.

Still, Heart chief executive Scott Munn has gone to Europe to progress the negotiations, and that is a fair signal of the seriousness of the club's pursuit.

The move to sign Kewell is a stunning turnaround on Heart's view when he signed for Victory two years ago. Referring to the ballyhoo around his move home, Munn declared at the time: ''The circus comes to town and then leaves.''

Didulica said that circumstances were now very different.

''We are not talking about paying percentages of the gate money or payments based on membership and sponsorship deals or some other complicated remuneration strategy.''

But Kewell would earn more than the minimum wage, as has been reported, the football operations manager said.

He preferred to concentrate on the on-field impact that the star striker might have, even with limited preparation.

''I think you just have to look at his pedigree to know that he could do a job in the A-League. He could play in any of the front four positions and our coach, John Aloisi, knows Harry as well as anyone having played with him for so long for the national team.''

Mate Dugandzic and Aziz Behich left Victory to further their careers in red and white, while former Victory championship winner Fred became Heart's marquee player two years ago after a stint in the US.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/kewell-must-be-fit-for-heart-start-20130528-2n9h8.html#ixzz2UbBGCaTJ

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/harry-kewell-poised-to-sign-with-melbourne-heart/story-fni2wcjl-1226651732908

when David Davutovic writes articles like these, means the deal is pretty much done. Harry will be wearing red and white stripes next season

"HARRY Kewell will take a $952,000 haircut if he joins Melbourne Heart."

Leonardo Da Vinci and Vinnie Van Gogh being brought back to life to cut and style Harry's hair or something?

If nothing else, going after Kewell is the cheapest media campaign Heart has ever undertaken. I didn't think Kewell would receive this much attention. The media coverage just keeps rolling on...

Strike at the Heart, Harry

MATT WINDLEY

HERALD SUN

MAY 28, 2013 11:30PM

SOCCEROOS great Stan Lazaridis says Melbourne Heart must play Harry Kewell as a striker.

If it does, Lazaridis is certain the decision to sign the 34-year-old "will not fail".

Former Heart midfielder Josip Skoko said Kewell would be better placed to take the A-League by storm this time around, having found his feet during the second half of his one season with Melbourne Victory.

Lazaridis said the strong relationship Kewell has with Heart coach John Aloisi and assistant coach Hayden Foxe - both former Socceroos teammates - would be crucial in making the move a success.

"And what John Aloisi and Hayden Foxe have got to do is just build the team around Harry," Lazaridis said.

"Harry isn't going to get the ball from the (defensive) 18-yard box, take on eight blokes and score miracle goals. He now needs to be cultured where his best work is done in the front third.

"The biggest thing with our boys is they are so fit.

"Where our boys lack a little is probably on the technical side, and Harry has that, but he knows now his fitness levels have got to be up.

"That's why he has got to be cultured - know where and when he should make his runs, don't go crazy and try to do everything himself.

"He needs to pick and choose the effective runs, pick and choose moments that are going to create the biggest impact and goal-scoring opportunities."

Lazaridis said Kewell still had an important role to play for the Socceroos, should they qualify for next year's World Cup in Brazil.

"You can't teach what Harry has got," he said.

"Even in the World Cup if he plays in 30-minute spells ... he's going to be of benefit.

"What he can also give the other guys is huge."

Former Sydney FC captain Mark Rudan said Kewell, with an eye on Brazil, would be as motivated as ever.

"A fit and focused Harry would be an asset to any club in the country," Rudan said. "It's a no-brainer."

Having already played one season with Victory, Skoko said Kewell would be better equipped to handle the physical demands of the A-League.

"It's not just the speed - the English Premier League is a lot quicker than the A-League - but you're playing in summer as opposed to winter," Skoko said.

"There's also a different kind of travel required than in the UK, so it's very different and obviously that year would have helped him to know what to expect fitness-wise and body-wise.

"It would have set him up perfectly for this now."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/strike-at-the-heart-harry/story-fni2wcjl-1226652640695

• Like 2

What do they mean they can't find him? Has he gone for a jog and not come back? Or got a new phone and not told us? This club sometimes :droy:

Could also be The World Game and their marvelous journalism skills. The website is a joke, lets not forget that too

Newcastle in the race now, sadly this has Lucas Neill mark II written all over it.

They did exactly what I thought they would. Offer the same deal just a bit more cash.

The whole media shit storm has played part in this.. Cant Munn just keep his fucking mouth shut before he actually gets shit done. Its not like Harry doesnt have a history of pulling shit like this and the media storm has brought his value right up.

If Munn doesnt get the deal done then this puts the club in a massive whole and only a ADP type signing will get us out.

Newcastle in the race now, sadly this has Lucas Neill mark II written all over it.

They did exactly what I thought they would. Offer the same deal just a bit more cash.

The whole media shit storm has played part in this.. Cant Munn just keep his fucking mouth shut before he actually gets shit done. Its not like Harry doesnt have a history of pulling shit like this and the media storm has brought his value right up.

If Munn doesnt get the deal done then this puts the club in a massive whole and only a ADP type signing will get us out.

Seriously, we are becoming a laughing stock of the A-league and it's kind of embarrassing!

!

I said from the start - not getting my hopes up after all the times that Scott Munn came out early announcing prospects, which eventuated to squat.

The thing that Heart have over the Jets is that Harry would rather live in Melbourne than Newcastle.

Let's hope that this isn't going to be another Munn-Neill-Debacle!

I said from the start - not getting my hopes up after all the times that Scott Munn came out early announcing prospects, which eventuated to squat.

The thing that Heart have over the Jets is that Harry would rather live in Melbourne than Newcastle.

We are talking about Harry here. He would live in Ballarat as long as you show him the $$$

Exactly.

If he is going to play in Australia - I very much doubt it will be outside of Melbourne or Sydney.

Its fairly obvious that its elsewhere in the world that he is looking at...

A la Portugal!?

What does Portugal have over Melbourne? Well, apart from nicer weather, beaches and tanned women? They're not much good when the football season is played during winter though so Melbourne has to be more appealing - it's just the long distance from his missus' mum that's the problem!