Melbourne Football

Harry Kewell

Murfy1

WTF is going on Munn?????? The circus continues, all we need is a big fuckin tent, some clowns, elephants, monkeys and fuckin munn on kewells back walking the tight rope.

I noticed you used the word 'monkeys', some would find offense to that. Clean up your act cunt.

I see you beat me to it haha

• Like 1

Murray Shaw, rather than Lou, but still a fair source. Says he's holidaying with family, which I guess if you're happy to believe the source that he's there then there's no reason to suspect he's there for any reason but a holiday.

Lol. On holiday from what?

• Like 1

Murray Shaw, rather than Lou, but still a fair source. Says he's holidaying with family, which I guess if you're happy to believe the source that he's there then there's no reason to suspect he's there for any reason but a holiday.

Lol. On holiday from what?

The grind. Can only TCB for so long before you need a break

• Like 1

I HAVE NEW INFO!!

- Ok its 100% not "happing" today. As you've heard this morning, Harry isn't even in Melbourne.

- The heart camp are not happy coz they wanted this done by the week to avoid a victory type situation. Too late..

- Ultimatum is set for Monday morning melbourne time. This either gives Harry a bit more time to find another club or more time to negotiate the contract. As reported Its believed to be 48k but heavily incentive based.

At this point I would like us to sign him so we don't look stupid.

• Like 1

I HAVE NEW INFO!!

- Ok its 100% not "happing" today. As you've heard this morning, Harry isn't even in Melbourne.

- The heart camp are not happy coz they wanted this done by the week to avoid a victory type situation. Too late..

- Ultimatum is set for Monday morning melbourne time. This either gives Harry a bit more time to find another club or more time to negotiate the contract. As reported Its believed to be 48k but heavily incentive based.

"Where's the sauce" - Manu Feildel

Find it hard to believe many parts of this story. If Harry has been on holiday in Portugal since Tuesday, having been in Monaco on the weekend, it's making more sense that SM's trip to the UK had little to do with Harry. No confirmed talk (happy to be proved wrong) that Harry stood the club up in London.

Anyway, let's see what happens over the weekend.

• Like 1

I HAVE NEW INFO!!

That looks more reasonable to me.

I don't think we look stupid at all. We have not made any statement (as far as I know) that we've even made HK an offer. We've confirmed that we've had talks with him, that's all, in answer to questions.

Munn went to the UK on MHFC business, just as he went to Italy a few weeks ago. It's his job to be involved in high-level discussions. 

Who the fuck did my dads mate see last night? Is there a harry kewell look alike running around in Melbourne

dads mate couldnt be full of shit could he?

Bit too much to drink and saw a politix ad?

Lol maybe your right, he was pretty sure it was him though! From now on i'm not believing anything unless Heart fc says it :up:

Honestly, the media attention this is giving the club is amazing in itself, at least people are talking about us in the off-season instead of the club just fading into obscurity, quietly saying 'we signed someone' when we actually do something.

• Like 1

Maybe, I don't think Melbourne or Essendon are gaining any new members in the AFL from their publicity though.

Essendon had a signficant increase in members signing up to show their support of the club in hard times when their story first broke out...

(This being before the season had started.)

All this depends on Socceroos making the world cup, I think he retires if we lose our next 2 games.

I agree. I reckon his told Munn to wait on the results and if we make it he'll sign there and then but if we don't hell hang up the boots.

All this depends on Socceroos making the world cup, I think he retires if we lose our next 2 games.

I agree. I reckon his told Munn to wait on the results and if we make it he'll sign there and then but if we don't hell hang up the boots.There's a chance we could make it by coming 3rd in the group which means we play off against a team in Asia and then have to play off again against another team to qualify...

by the time that happens it could be January next year, and tbh I doubt Kewell is gonna wait around until then to find out whether or not he'll be signing for a club. If we find out in January that we aren't qualifying, wouldn't he want to have at least made some money instead of sitting around doing nothing? And if he signs for a club in January, it would just limit his chances of making the squad, than if he had been playing since October.

Edited by heart_fan10

Important tweets from Ray Gatt, that were made 2 hours ago:

Gatt - OK. Melbourne Heart hoping to have definitive news on Harry Kewell sometime next week. It should be good news, but time will tell.

Another Person - cheers Gatty. Do you get the sense Heart have another announcement to supplement kewell? Membs released Wednesday.

Gatt -Have been told they will have signings next week...certainly at least one foreigner..

Another Person - cheers Gatty. Always appreciate your honesty with this stuff.

Gatt - thanks mate...spoke with @scott_munn today and he was open with me...so only relaying the news

Third Person - so in other words " HK waiting for other offers before commiting to Melb Heart"??

Gatt - No, don';t think so. He has been on holidays in Europe..

https://twitter.com/Gatty54

• Like 1

Anyone else find it interesting that memberships will now go on sale next week? Deliberate timing I reckon. Smart, really smart stuff by Heart HQ.

I think this is a very good point. I don't think there's any arbitrary about Heart deciding yesterday that membership sales would begin Wednesday next week. I reckon one signing at the very least is set in stone to be announced before Wednesday next week, with that signing quite possibly being finalised just before Heart announced at noon yesterday that Heart memberships will go on sale next week.

Important tweets from Ray Gatt, that were made 2 hours ago:

Gatt - OK. Melbourne Heart hoping to have definitive news on Harry Kewell sometime next week. It should be good news, but time will tell.

Another Person - cheers Gatty. Do you get the sense Heart have another announcement to supplement kewell? Membs released Wednesday.

Gatt -Have been told they will have signings next week...certainly at least one foreigner..

Another Person - cheers Gatty. Always appreciate your honesty with this stuff.

Gatt - thanks mate...spoke with @scott_munn today and he was open with me...so only relaying the news

Third Person - so in other words " HK waiting for other offers before commiting to Melb Heart"??

Gatt - No, don';t think so. He has been on holidays in Europe..

https://twitter.com/Gatty54 Hey Scotty Munn what about giving us some news instead of Gatt! We seem to be relying on sitings at Docklands and then pissing in our pants in anticipation - all for FA!

It has been annoying at times relying on the words of journalists to find out what is happening at Heart, but I don't think it could be done any other way. Munn and other individuals who comprise Heart's management were never going to say things like 'Heart are thinking about negotiating with Kewell', 'representatives from Heart are going to meet with Kewell', 'Heart and Kewell have had some disagreements about contract details', 'the deal between Heart and Kewell is two thirds complete' etc etc etc. 

Heart will announce to us when things are completely done and dusted, and that's probably the way things should be done. Player signings in particular are too volatile and messy to be frequently informed about, as negotiations with Kewell have clearly shown. It would be a bad look for Heart if they told us directly about too much of their recruitment activity, as things change and problems would crop up that would make Heart not look so good, because they made statements that got contradicted or whatever.

I'm fairly optimistic that details about Kewell will be revealed around the time that memberships go on sale next week. I'm now starting to wonder about what other signings might be announced...

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 3