Melbourne Football

Harry Kewell

Murfy1

Not too much content really, and certainly nothing new. He started off with a rough timeline of the situation so far and went on to mention that he believes that the longer this saga continues, the less likely he is to put pen to paper. Zappers also gave an insight of the likely contract, in terms of minimum wage salary with further incentive bonuses (marketing, promotional etc. etc.). One thing i noted was that he seemed oblivious to the fact that there was interest from UAE and Europe (which we know is the case from Munn's SEN interview). 

Agree with the sentiment I've highlighted. And although I am in favour of the signing, as I am with Garcia, IMO the club would be right to give a deadline for signature, and stick to it. No point in dragging these things on for weeks and having players arriving late in the pre-season.

Edited by jw1739

"Said he was happy with the meeting with Harry, said his motivation isn't Socceroo related rather to prove to people he can still play, and wants to show the a league exactly that."

hahahahahahaaahahahahahhaa

better hope big timmy cahill scores a couple goals in the next few games

So were basically fucked is what people are saying? Slim to no chance of signing him now

I'm fairly confident that we'll sign him. This might not be the popular view, but the club will have learnt their lesson from the Lucas Neill fiasco. The way Munn has spoken in the media makes me think the Club is quietly confident he'll sign on the dotted line. 

• Like 1

Scott Munn on SEN.

Harry on holiday as we know. Holiday ending on Thursday. Scott hopes to get an answer in the next 7 to 10 days as he goes on holidays then and would like to wrap it up.

Said he was happy with the meeting with Harry, said his motivation isn't Socceroo related rather to prove to people he can still play, and wants to show the a league exactly that.

Has offers from UAE and Europe.

Grant Holt is interested in coming to Australia and Melbourne Heart but it's complicated as he is contracted and we require Norwich to release him out of that contract.

Nothing significantly new in that but thought I'd pass it on.

This

"Said he was happy with the meeting with Harry, said his motivation isn't Socceroo related rather to prove to people he can still play, and wants to show the a league exactly that."

I don't get. Harry coming half way round the world when the missus and family wants to be in England! Munn said last week on SEN that Harry had unfinished business here in Oz. Sorry, it don't compute. Surely it's only about going to the WC.

It's unclear what Harry Kewell's wife and family want. They initially left the A-League for England because Kewell's Wife's mother was unwell, but perhaps the issue of her health has been resolved.

Also, I doubt we'd have had so many chats with Kewell if he wasn't interested in coming to Heart.

It would be nice if Kewell joined Heart to prove a point about his ability to perform in the A-League. But honestly, as long as Kewell performs week in, week out, I don't care what his motivation is.

Doesn't pre season training start about now?

However Scott Munn puts it, I think it's most likely that we were expecting the deal to be done and announced last week when he went to London. The fact that we're now starting to hear that there is some interest from the UAE and possibly Europe makes me feel more strongly that it's not going to happen. I hope we've given him a clear deadline and are prepared to stick to it.

However Scott Munn puts it, I think it's most likely that we were expecting the deal to be done and announced last week when he went to London. The fact that we're now starting to hear that there is some interest from the UAE and possibly Europe makes me feel more strongly that it's not going to happen. I hope we've given him a clear deadline and are prepared to stick to it.

From memory local players start in June and they expected the visa players to start in july

However Scott Munn puts it, I think it's most likely that we were expecting the deal to be done and announced last week when he went to London. The fact that we're now starting to hear that there is some interest from the UAE and possibly Europe makes me feel more strongly that it's not going to happen. I hope we've given him a clear deadline and are prepared to stick to it.

From memory local players start in June and they expected the visa players to start in july

That's fair enough. Overseas players have just finished their seasons. Kewell doesn't fit that category though. I really think the club wanted/expected/hoped it would be done last week so he could start with the rest of the squad.

Edited by Sash

I'm not sure what to make of this, but Transfermarkt have Kewell as an 'Arrival' at Heart, alongside Ramsay, Mauk and Murdocca...

transfermarkt.jpg

(http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/a-league/transferuebersicht/wettbewerb_AUS1.html)

I guess it's another indication that Kewell is locked in to join Heart eventually. At least it's something that's more credible than a Wikipedia page...

I'm not sure what to make of this, but Transfermarkt have Kewell as an 'Arrival' at Heart, alongside Ramsay, Mauk and Murdocca...

transfermarkt.jpg

(http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/a-league/transferuebersicht/wettbewerb_AUS1.html)

I guess it's another indication that Kewell is locked in to join Heart eventually. At least it's something that's more credible than a Wikipedia page...

they do get stuff wrong. They had Grosso down as signed for victory before start of last season

I'm not a credible source either, but it doesn't take a genius to predict he'll try to string us along until he gets a better deal somewhere else.

We gave Mauk a contract last year that promoted him from youth to senior this coming season.

Edited by Sash

Perhaps it's me, but I can't see anything anywhere that indicates he has signed for anyone.

Getting Heart's name into the public arena has been good, but there's a fine line between good PR and hype. And IMO we're very close to stepping over it. The club's intentions are good, but we always seem a little premature on the timing.