Melbourne Football

2013-14 MEMBERSHIPS

Red or Dead

If we are getting new members and supporters whilst we are in this slump? It can only be a good thing. 

Yes, but how long for?

Its amazing that for supporters which have been give sweet FA for 4 seasons to even show up at games, they're actually parting with their cash for the privilege. 

The football department-coachs (and yes this includes JVS), players, medico's- have all let the entire club down badly  No doubt in my mind we'd be getting 12 k averages, derby excluded if we had top 4 finishes in the past 3 years.

• Like 1

After this season's bullshit - if they dare increase our membership fees I will throw it back in their face!

Paying $430 for Premium B is already ridiculous! If this club wants to grow it's support base (apart from getting rid of Aloisi and winning some games) they need to make memberships more accessible to more people.

This should be the breakdown:

$195 for General Admission

$225 for Active Supporters

$295 for Category C (Bays 1,2,3 & 9,10,11 - The GA bays on the punt road end could become a cheaper Reserved Seat next season)

$395 for Premium B

$550 for Premium A

$750 for Ace of Hearts

post-2233-0-86673400-1384736885_thumb.pn

Im new and think there awesome! BELEIVE  :) Remember lads, we have a fair ammout of injury's this season of some key players and new signings.

Great stuff that your on board but missing a few key players should not result in no wins over 6 rounds. Other teams are missing some important players as well but can get by without them and still play excellent football. No excuses.

After this season's bullshit - if they dare increase our membership fees I will throw it back in their face!

Paying $430 for Premium B is already ridiculous! If this club wants to grow it's support base (apart from getting rid of Aloisi and winning some games) they need to make memberships more accessible to more people.

$295 for Category C (Bays 1,2,3 & 9,10,11 - The GA bays on the punt road end could become a cheaper Reserved Seat next season)

$395 for Premium B

$550 for Premium A

$750 for Ace of Hearts

attachicon.gifAAMI Park 2014-15.PNG

After selling the players we payed to watch last season and the tripe dished up this season, the club should offer complimentary memberships to all supporters who agree to sign up again for another stint. The memberships should be delivered personally by MHFC officials along with a grovelling apology and a promise of better things to come backed up by facts and action. A bonus would also be nice.

• Like 2

$395 for Premium B

$550 for Premium A

$750 for Ace of Hearts

attachicon.gifAAMI Park 2014-15.PNG

After selling the players we payed to watch last season and the tripe dished up this season, the club should offer complimentary memberships to all supporters who agree to sign up again for another stint. The memberships should be delivered personally by MHFC officials along with a grovelling apology and a promise of better things to come backed up by facts and action. A bonus would also be nice.

Seriously, apart from "active" season tickets, what would be the ramifications of making all the rest of the stadium the same price and everyone have a reserved seat? Existing reserved seat holders would get to keep theirs if they want to, and everyone else can choose where they want their reserved seat to be? If they like to sit on the wing they can, if they prefer behind the goal they can. One price for all from next season on.

ATM where the various areas adjoin one another you have people paying significantly different amounts to sit in seats that are almost side-by-side.

The mess we are in is so demoralising, but I will support the club up and down. We are having on-field problems caused by poor decisions at management level. They have to answer for this and make the necessary changes asap.

But let us not forget the achievements off the field, like the growing membership numbers and attendances. Of course it is disappointing to see us going backwards, withdrawing our support will only hurt the club even more in an already difficult situation. There is no guarantee of success when you buy a membership at the start of a season. 

• Like 1

I Squeezed into the sunny side wing last game, might have to go back to sneaking into the west side premium seats where its not so crowded!

Members want to sit on the wings, most (not all) clubs don't charge the massive premium for these seats. 

Last year i paid $60 for the family for the best seats at WSW, we are more than double that

On the plus side it looks like we have a bigger crowd on TV now we have opened the sunny wing up, could also be we are getting nearly 9k to games rather than 6k.

Yes, the problem is that we seem to have either wet home games or baking hot ones and the expensive seats are usually the least comfortable ones. I gave up our family premium seating as we almost always moved to GA to sit under cover. If we aren't paying for the performance then we should at least pay for comfort!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What do people think of this?

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Melbourne-Heart-launch-3Game-Summer-Pack/79730

Especially those in GA who had to pay extra to reserve a seat for the derby?

I Think its better than the last few years where $60 got you A reserve seats and devalued A memberships,

At least this is only GA  gets you the derby @$30 and 2 games @$15 each. 

I don't mind having to reserve your seat, but i think there are issues as there are plenty of heart seats still available (where victory and dry area have sold out)

My thinking is GA members don't think they have to reserve a seat and will be disappointed upon turning up to a sold out game.

It cost me $24 for 8 seats - I only need 4, i will give the other 4 away.

Maybe they should have made the memberships $6 cheaper to allow for reserved seat fee, since im guessing the goal of this was to maximise attendance at these 2 derbys.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Melbourne-Heart-launch-3Game-Summer-Pack/79730

I Think its better than the last few years where $60 got you A reserve seats and devalued A memberships,

I don't mind having to reserve your seat, but i think there are issues as there are plenty of heart seats still available (where victory and dry area have sold out)

My thinking is GA members don't think they have to reserve a seat and will be disappointed upon turning up to a sold out game.

Maybe they should have made the memberships $6 cheaper to allow for reserved seat fee, since im guessing the goal of this was to maximise attendance at these 2 derbys.

Have I missed something out? I'm a GA member so are you saying I'm not guaranteed a seat for the derby???

Have I missed something out? I'm a GA member so are you saying I'm not guaranteed a seat for the derby???

Correct you need to reserve your seat, your membership wont get you in to the Derby(s)

Have I missed something out? I'm a GA member so are you saying I'm not guaranteed a seat for the derby??? As a GA member You MUST pay the small fee to reserve your seat prior to the game.

Have I missed something out? I'm a GA member so are you saying I'm not guaranteed a seat for the derby??? As a GA member You MUST pay the small fee to reserve your seat prior to the game.

That's ridiculous! Now how is my dad who is on the pension meant to know this shit? I think there will be a lot of disappointed people at the gates that night

• Like 1

IMO this is an absolute fuck-up by the club - there's no other word for it. How not to treat your season-ticket holders. How to assume that every single GA member is on e-mail, Twitter, Facebook etc. and is just sitting at home 24/7 waiting for an communication from the club and then able to pay an extra fee to go to a home game.

Perfect example of how not to run an organization. Munn should hang his head in shame over this one.

• Like 1

It is fucked. Like my dad who is on the pension has emails/fb or twitter. My guess is there will be a lot of pissed off MH supporters outside because their card won't scan you in and a few green seats in the Premium C section. Can someone send Munn a tweet and ask him did he actually consider the people that don't have social media! Useless move!

This club has pissed me off numerous times!

Edited by Tony999

Tony, I can only sympathise. Many people in my demographic don't even have a computer, let alone be reasonably computer-literate. I'm just unusual because I spend a lot of time on-line - too much - pursuing another hobby. My wife would probably represent quite a few people - she never visits the Heart web-page/Facebook/Twitter, isn't on this forum, and doesn't read the club e-mails because she says they're boring and always say the same thing - how we were unlucky last week and hope to do better next time around. She would be typical of people who have a season-ticket and rightly assume that it's what it says - a season-ticket.

Melburnian is slowly convincing me - there are management issues that extend beyond JA.

• Like 2

It is fucked. Like my dad who is on the pension has emails/fb or twitter. My guess is there will be a lot of pissed off MH supporters outside because their card won't scan you in and a few green seats in the Premium C section. Can someone send Munn a tweet and ask him did he actually consider the people that don't have social media! Useless move!

This club has pissed me off numerous times!

It's all designed to sell as many tickets as they can and fill the stadium.

However you should be able to log on, then reserve your seat with your membership number WITHOUT incurring any fees and charges.

They obviously hope that if you pay the $4 you will be more incline to show up on the day........ridiculous mentality

• Like 2

IMO this is an absolute fuck-up by the club - there's no other word for it. How not to treat your season-ticket holders. How to assume that every single GA member is on e-mail, Twitter, Facebook etc. and is just sitting at home 24/7 waiting for an communication from the club and then able to pay an extra fee to go to a home game.

Perfect example of how not to run an organization. Munn should hang his head in shame over this one.

the club have made it fucking obvious plenty of times they really couldnt give a shit about the most important part of a club - its fans.

and btw, do you have to do the same of you are in active?

the club have made it fucking obvious plenty of times they really couldnt give a shit about the most important part of a club - its fans.

Nah, active's all good to go man. 

• Like 1

No.

No, despite paying the same price for an Active membership as a GA membership, only GA have to pay extra. Might have to go for an "Active Families" package next season. Still one spare ticket for the hamper.

There are no active family packages :(

I know. Just saying...

:)

After today's performance I honestly CBF going next week if we going to get done by those thugs.

I wanted to enjoy my Christmas

I wonder if even a 6-0 thrashing next week would rate as an item on the next Board meeting agenda

Expecting a big win Bela? 

yeah, but not to us, I meant 0-6 of course. Actually I'm expecting a draw

I have lost total faith in this club. I used to look forward to going to games but now I simply cbf@.

No club has coped so much shit from fans than our club yet the board refuses to do something about it. How many losses are needed for a change? How many supporters need to turn up before they realise something must be done before they fold the club? Why would anyone with half a brain sign up to MH?