Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart vs Brisbane Sunday 24th March 4:00pm

kingofhearts

Speaking to the players after the match last night they seemed down and rightly so. Still, it was good to see they appeared to care.

All I am hoping for now that our finals chances are shot (JA) is that we give a good account of ourselves as we look to next season.

Hope we can get a result out of the last two games. I mean the fact that he haven't been able to get any results away is embarrassing and shows that JA is not good at preparing games, he could have played much more defensively away when he noticed that we were struggling.

Van't Schip really knew how to set up the team to get results, even though he had a weaker squad at his disposal IMO (a

Though he had Dugandzic who was sorely missed). He always had creative solutions, playing false 9-formation, 3-4-3 etc, etc.

Aloisi, due to his lack of experience and qualifications, lacked confidence to try new things. I mean why not play an extremely defensive formation away for example with 3 defensive midfielders, Gerhardt, Germano and Thompson? Just to grind out results. Van't Schip played a much more destructive style at times when necessary. Do I want us to play an attractive style of football? Of course. But would I have wanted to see my team in the finals if it meant being a bit more realistic for the away games? Yes.

Aloisi has made a lot of mistakes this season (questionable team selections, substitutions, drawing Phoenix's second team at home, etc.), but I think he should get another half season to show that he has learned from his mistakes. If the problems persist, get an experienced coach in.

I think we can win. But I say that a lot and we all know what ends up happening

We CAN win, but we won't win!

I've run out of optimism...I can't get excited at away matches anymore. Ever since Perth, Nix, WSW, Nix, etc. I have no confidence whatsoever.

The best thing about this game is that Colosimo is out so Vranks is back in. Hopefully JA plays:

Redmayne

Walker, Vrankovic, Gerhardt, Mitchinson

Germano, Fred, Kalmar

Garcia, Tadic, Williams

Bench: Bolton, Meeuwis, Babalj, Golgol

I think we can win. But I say that a lot and we all know what ends up happening

We CAN win, but we won't win!

I've run out of optimism...I can't get excited at away matches anymore. Ever since Perth, Nix, WSW, Nix, etc. I have no confidence whatsoever.

The best thing about this game is that Colosimo is out so Vranks is back in. Hopefully JA plays:

Redmayne

Walker, Vrankovic, Gerhardt, Mitchinson

Germano, Fred, Kalmar

Garcia, Tadic, Williams

Bench: Bolton, Meeuwis, Babalj, Golgol

We hope JA plays something like that but from what he has shown this season he wont 

Apparently Gerhardt will be out on international duty. Will be Coyne and Vrankovic in defence. Yay.

This is huge news. Coyne as a CB? Has he played there before?

Alternative would be a massive risk, leave Coyne out and have 3 at the back with Walker-Vankovic-Mitchinson. Won't happen, but would surprise Brisbane.

Surely Matt thompson would play CB and marcel would start alongside germano

I like this.

Although JA says we can still make it, I think thats just Spin he has to say because of the nature of professional sport these days. So hopefully he throws caution in the wind and does alot of experimentation in prep for next season.

I still think we should really have a go at getting 6 points from the last two games.

Even if the season is technically over, still go for it

I wouldn't be putting any "unknown" players in but would consider mitchinson walker and vrankovic at the back.

Matt Thompson at CB

Germano and meeuvis (spelling?) DM

I would experiment with the team rather than with new players by bringing them in

Abbott from the youth team should be given a go at centre back. I think he has potential. Rather him that Coyne.

And please start Meeuwis and Germano together with Garcia as a number 10. Gol Gol should retain his place and he gives us something upfront that others don't which is unpredictability, set pieces and an ability to beat a defender 1 on 1.

• Like 3

Abbott from the youth team should be given a go at centre back. I think he has potential. Rather him that Coyne.

And please start Meeuwis and Germano together with Garcia as a number 10. Gol Gol should retain his place and he gives us something upfront that others don't which is unpredictability, set pieces and an ability to beat a defender 1 on 1.

Golgol is certainly unpredictable. Much talent, but goodness me - any slower walking to take a corner and he would have gone to sleep. And we actually needed to score so I don't understand the wasting of time like that. If goalkeepers get yellows for taking too long to take a goalkick then maybe the same should apply for corners. 

And Meeuwis - well, who can understand what's happened there? Why bring him all the way from Holland and then not play him? Even if he isn't acclimatised to the heat he could have played in Dunedin and against WSW. Instead he plays 45 against Adelaide and then doesn't even get off the bench against WSW.

Sunday March 24

Brisbane Roar v Melbourne Heart

Venue: Suncorp Stadium

Kick off: 4:00 PM

Referee: Matt Gillett

Assistant referee 1: Anton Shchetinin

Assistant referee 2: Andrew Lindsay

Fourth official: Adam Kersey

Live and exclusive broadcast on FOX Sports 1HD and Sky Sports 3

ABC Radio Coverage: Score updates during Grandstand programs