Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart vs Brisbane Sunday 24th March 4:00pm

kingofhearts

Well, there is a bright side, there's only one way to go from bottom place.

Not quite BG. We could stay in bottom place...and well might unless someone makes some changes somewhere.

yes we could but I think that we aren't too many players off being a good team, as long as we recruit well. We also need to look at different training facilities as that LaTrobe ground has cost us a lot in terms of injuries every season.

Not quite BG. We could stay in bottom place...and well might unless someone makes some changes somewhere.

yes we could but I think that we aren't too many players off being a good team, as long as we recruit well. We also need to look at different training facilities as that LaTrobe ground has cost us a lot in terms of injuries every season.

Players that NEED to go:

Colosimo

Thompson

Hoffman

Coyne

Fred

Meeuwis(still not convinced)

Babalj (lazy self entitled twat)

Thats not just a few players that more than half a team.

Club needs to start fresh; new coach, probably 50% new players, new brand, new logo. A BRAND FUCKING NEW MARKETING STRATEGY THAT DOESNT INVOLVE USING A FREE SOCIAL NETWORK FFS!!!!!

The attitude of the club is that its up to the fans to attract new members. Well fuck em. I am sick of devoting so much of my time to a club that does not seem to care about the basics of running a football club. I will still buy membership, I will still come to games but thats about it.

Its up to the club now

Not quite BG. We could stay in bottom place...and well might unless someone makes some changes somewhere. yes we could but I think that we aren't too many players off being a good team, as long as we recruit well. We also need to look at different training facilities as that LaTrobe ground has cost us a lot in terms of injuries every season.

I actually think we are miles off it. Compare our best 11 last season to our best this season. None of the back five would be in it. Mate would be there instead of Williams. Garcia instead of worm. Thompson and Fred both better last season and younger. Babalj or tadic ? I also think shroj was a better defensive midfielder than anyone we've had this season. Basically the 11/12 squad would soundly beat the 12/13. But at the same time the league as a whole has improved, even acknowledging the loss of a lot of talent across the league.

I think we're a fair way off to be honest and while it might be bleeding obvious given our league position it needs to be said.

How many of our side would crack a run in the mariners first team or even the roars ?

We need a good pair of CBs that can organise the back 4 (like we had with Madaschi), and a creative midfielder who can pass accurately. We need to have at least one of those players who is a good on-field leader who just won't accept the disorganisation, poor passing, traffic cone impersonations in midfield and poor decision making we had this season. Gerhardt should be freed up to play in midfield

Edited by belaguttman

Losing 2-0 flatters us. It could have easily been 6-0. We were rudderless on the field. What was our captain doing? Hardly sighted. How many other A League teams would he make the starting 11?

Unfortunately we're finishing just where I expected we would before this season started when I looked at the players we lost and the poor recruiting we did. Then we were weakened some more in the January transfer period. 

This club is competing with Victory in the Melbourne football market. How many members are we going to lose to Victory which has a quality manager, aims big, and is playing exciting football. Come to think of it, we could even be losing our young players to Victory who will want to develop under Ange Postecoglou. The owners of this club won't be able to balance their books with shit on field performances like this.  If you're a sponsor why sponsor Heart when you can sponsor Victory?

People who wont buy a membership because of results, you disgust me! If you truly love the club and want it to succeed, you will always follow the club and give $150 for a membership each year. If you don't want to be here though the bad times, you aren't a true supporter. I have been a member since day one and I'll keep buying a membership every year until the day I die.

• Like 1

People who wont buy a membership because of results, you disgust me! If you truly love the club and want it to succeed, you will always follow the club and give $150 for a membership each year. If you don't want to be here though the bad times, you aren't a true supporter. I have been a member since day one and I'll keep buying a membership every year until the day I die.

This works both ways mate. These aren't just bad times, these are fucking hopeless times. It's got absolutely nothing to do with results.

All i want is a sign of promise. Thats it. I couldn't give a flying fuck if we lost 4 games or 40 games in a row.

Ask yourself this: What do you have to look forward to next game/ next season???

It's defiantly not looking forward to any juniors developing. I'll always be a heart supporter for life but fuck, does nobody at our club care?   

It's not that they don't love the club, it's just that people are pissed off with the one-sided relationship of the club not loving the fans by serving up shit.

It's just like what's the point of having a girlfriend and loving her if she doesn't give a shit about you?

Those people would still be buying memberships if the club was coming 10th, but giving their total and absolute all in every game.

and for what it's worth I will be buying a membership next year, but if the club doesn't start committing, i wont be the following year

After complaining after EVERY away game this season about how I wasted my day watching our shit performances and gotten myself pissed off, today was the first game I haven't watched all season and instead have done hours of homework, instead I can now go and watch F1 and enjoy it after getting all my work done. This had been a really disappointing season. 

Exactly the same as me.

Sounds like we were properly awful today.

Out of curiosity lads, what were you studying?? Can only be more interesting than the crap we just watched.

I was doing Legal Studies. I put off doing Maths Methods because I hate it but in all honesty I'd rather be locked in a room doing maths than watch another one of our away games.

We need a good pair of CBs that can organise the back 4 (like we had with Madaschi), and a creative midfielder who can pass accurately. We need to have at least one of those players who is a good on-field leader who just won't accept the disorganisation, poor passing, traffic cone impersonations in midfield and poor decision making we had this season. Gerhardt should be freed up to play in midfield

Bella, I always follow your entries with great interest and, whilst we don't always agree on some things, I do love your insights in to the game. I only have one question for you.

Can you come and manage this rabble please?? You are all over the main problems like a rash and always provide constructive solutions. Step up lad!!

I think that we need to look carefully at our pre-season. Every season we have started behind the 8 ball: pre-season injuries (and they ruin the whole season for a player as they are always playing catch up) and poor endurance fitness. The wheelie bin ice baths are not important here, the whole preperation including pre-season matches really needs to move up a gear, flattering wins against VPL and state league teams is not adequate preparation for the HAL season. The focus naturally falls on the coach but I think that this is really the least important factor in our season, any team that has lost the core of the team and had our run of injuries is going to perform below expectations. I do think that one area where JA needs to accept responsibility is in our poor away form, this issue should have been addressed months ago, unfortunately its been the only consistent thing about our season.

• Like 1

The signs were there last year, the problems are the same.

1.  Poor defensive organisation and leadership.  People blame the current defense but forget the Mr Bean moments when we also with had Hamil,  Goode Marrone and Bechich and most of all Bolton.  Sure the current back four is worse, but Madaschi made the previous guys look better than they really were.  Defenders make good coaches: Popovic has got NTS and Beauchamp ( we had him remember) playing above themselves.  We need a defensive leader and we need a defending coach.

2.  Zero movement off the ball by the midfielders.

3.  Inability to string 2 passes together.

4.  HEADING: every header goes to the opposition.  EVERY ONE!

5. Tadic is a quality striker who has little support from the midfielders.  His attitude is better than most others, far better than the Babalj.

6.  Mental fragility.

Number one on the agenda must be the on field performance.  Screw "social media", and whatever else falls under the "community engagement" malarky. The club needs a new coach, Aloisi should do the honourable thing and stand down voluntarily.  And there needs to be a player clean out.  Won't happen though.

• Like 1

I have been a member since day one

Wow. Would you like a medal? If you do you will most likely have to pick it up from the club because they are too cheap to pay to have it posted out to you. I'm happy to pay $10 for them to post it to me.

Good to know your expectations of a professional football club are so high lol

The wheelie bin ice baths are not important here,

In reality they are just a receptacle to hold ice water for a player to stand in and recovery from a hard game/training session, but mentally for a player to train their arse off in the aussie summer heat to then be told, "ok, into the bin with you", its probably quite depressing.

• Like 1