Melbourne Football

Lets talk about our finals chances for a sec

Tesla

So even IF we do make the finals and its not a match in Melbourne against MV, you we should still field a team of NYL kids?

Well, if you have changed the side prior to getting into the finals, that is to say that the NYL kids have played a part in getting you there, then that would be your strongest team (particularly if they have helped you win away), so yes.

I also dont understand why should someone like Kalmar not get more time to develop his game as an AM instead of Mauk (One of the kids your are advocating that needs game time)?

If the club isn't in a position to decide if they want to offer another contract to Kalmar after the recent run of starts he has had, then there are problems from a management level. And you need not drop Kalmar, but put Mauk on the bench instead of Fred, and sub him on at the requisite time.

And do you realise that our injuries have been so bad this season that at Fan Forum JA admitted if any NYL player had been good enough to make the Grade then they would have got their chance already.

(He said as such when he explained why he had to play Hoff as a Full Back as none of the Youth or Gray were up to the level that week.)

And yet Vrankovic is constantly dropped for Colosimo. Kaya gets a bench spot in the Derby to run the sidelines.

Finally, you do realise that the vast bulk of the NYL team are not even offically Heart players as soon as the A League Season finishes, so its not like they are all automaticly on our list next year like in AFL?

Yes.

Im done..

This argument is retarded, MHFC needs to win anything put in front of it just to survive.

We cannot even attempt to flirt with form.

Edited by cadete

My argument is completely valid, and to an extent, is based on opinion. As far as I am aware, unless you are being offensive, an argument cannot be less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one’s age.

As I said I'm done.

And I'm not sure that people are seriously advocating throwing in a whole heap of NYL players for their first-ever senior game. More likely that they are talking about playing one or two players who are already on senior contracts.

Fuck me were we separated at birth cos you read my mind

At the bottom of the Tadic article on MelbourneHeartfc.com.au the poll reads: Which outsider will make a deep finals run?

35% Newcastle Jets

24% Melbourne Heart

23% Perth Glory

10% Sydney FC

8% Brisbane Roar

The people voting must not have watched any of our Away matches. I think if Brisbane win against MVFC this weekend they'll make it. Perth and Sydney are out, Newcastle is rubbish with no Griffths or Heskey who's out for another week so I think we might be able to sneak in IF:

Win against Adelaide

Draw against WSW

Draw(?) against Brisbane

Turn up against Central Coast.

= 5 points.

The fact is we probably need at least 6 points to finish in the Top Six. 5 points will not be enough because one more win from Newcastle will put us 6 points behind them, however if we finish on the same points our better goal difference will get us in.

I actually hope we finish 6th and Victory 3rd so we can play the Elimination Final in Melbourne; we will have a better chance of winning rather than if it was "Away" and we won't have to spend money travelling interstate...better save that for the Grand Final! haha

Edited by Red or Dead

I want to push for finals as hard as possible, if we got the chance to knock victory out it would be huge.

I really think our current starting eleven and bench is the strongest it's been in ages which was what made Sundays loss harder to grasp after being so strong against Sydney.

I agree with this. We have to play every game to win. And despite the poor away results, I still think that we're playing better in general than what we were earlier in the season. If we do make the finals, I'd give us a decent chance against anyone except the top two.

Meeuwis should be getting close to a start, Tadic should be available for at least a bench spot this week, and if Kalmar can't find any consistency, we have Fred available. I don't see that we have any youngsters that can challenge for a spot other than Vankovic, Mitchinson and maybe Garuccio if needed.

Kaya and Mauk have had all season to demand a senior spot through performing at youth level. They've also trained with the senior squad, so they've been watched closely and assessed as not ready. From the little that I've seen of them, I don't believe they're close to senior football yet either. In fact, if you remember Mauk's debut, it was probably a case where bringing him in too quickly did more harm than good in terms of his confidence.

I want to push for finals as hard as possible, if we got the chance to knock victory out it would be huge.

I really think our current starting eleven and bench is the strongest it's been in ages which was what made Sundays loss harder to grasp after being so strong against Sydney.

I agree with you in the sence yes, after being hit by the injury bug earlier in the season we nearly have a full squad. But we still lost. Doesn't that show you that clearly we need to change our team line-up?? I agree in the sense that we shouldn't go too overboard, however whats the harm in putting a cameron edwards in? Why sign him to just play in the youth league??? What about Ben garuccio?? We seem to have so many forgotten men at this club. We clearly aren't going to sack the coach, so i could be more entitled to give him the benefit of the doubt if he was making changes and things weren't coming off. But clearly we seem to be content with leaving people who have proved all season they are not up to it (Thompson) or people who simply are not up to the task anymore (colsimmo). Surely varankovic's form from the Sydney game showed he is better than Colssimo?

We have the Mariners last round. With 3 games to go they are both 5 points behind first and ahead of third. In all likelihood their last game will be a dead rubber to them.

They will have an ACL game a few days later then a final, another midweek ACL and final. Unless the FFA put pressure on them to put in their best XI, it would make sense for them to field a 2nd XI.

JA will play the kids if they are good enough, case in point, Walker. And when a kid gets his chance, if he takes it, he will then be in contention for a match day position. Just wish Vrankovic would become the other 1 st choice CB, along with PG.

It goes without saying that today is a must win, but with this league things change week by week.

Next week will be interesting and we may well be without Garcia (Socceroos call up) and maybe even Eli

Can beat Brisbane away and CCM may choose to focus on Asia and the finals given the premiers plate looks to have slipped...hopefully will be an exciting last few weeks

Done, dusted and all over!

Unless..... WE WIN AWAY. Get some results on the road and possibly beat West Sydney and we are in.

The boys need a good kick up the ass for tonights performance, and if Aloisi isn't keen on it I'm more than happy to take a few hours off work to do it (unpaid if necessary)!

We are fucked. FUCK OF JOHNNY!!

they're not motivated. players dont play for the shirt.

on saturday we will get killed at home by a group of shit individuals who play as a team and give their all

thats the difference. 

Edited by nicotera5