Melbourne Heart

Wellington Away - Win

Adelaide Home - draw Win

West Sydney Home - Draw

Brisbane Away - Win Draw

CCM Away - Loss

+8 points

35 points total

Considering our home and away record this season, accordingly I think the above is more realistic.

Run Home - Che's predictions

Melbourne Heart

Wellington Away - Win

Adelaide Home - draw Win

West Sydney Home - Draw

Brisbane Away - Win Draw

CCM Away - Loss

+8 points

35 points total

Considering our home and away record this season, accordingly I think the above is more realistic.

Yeah maybe, but I really think we can beat Brisbane whilst i'm less sure about Adelaide. So for me, mine is the more realistic option.

Edited by Che

Yep, Perth just helped us out a lot. Although if we get nothing out of tomorrow's game, it just means we're closer to 9th place. :wacko:

They did help us and its probably the best result for us, but now I can see Perth sneaking into contention if this result means they've hit some form.

This league is so random.

Adelaide are so fucking shit, how they are 3rd on the ladder are beyond me

IIRC they were involved in an ACL campaign and therefore were in a good position physically and mentally to get away to a good start in the A-League.

At the same time we were busy playing scratch teams and 18-y-olds, and signing stars such as Gray. The league improves every season and we need to do better in pre-season than play crappy teams. When you're going to play only 27 games you need to hit the season running.

We could finish anywhere from 4th to last. I hope that next season and thereafter we stop talking about 'making finals' as if it's some sort of achievement. It isn't an 'achievement' to finish 6th in a 10-team league.

In most leagues around the world being in the bottom four with 5 games to go means fighting relegation. Right now we should be viewing our remaining 5 games as a relegation battle, and we have to show the sort of grit and determination that teams fighting to avoid relegation show.

All season we have not shown sufficient intensity. Now is the hour.

• Like 1

Wellington showed us today how a team looking for a spot in the finals should play. They fought hard for 90 minutes and really gave it their all, shame our lads couldn't do the same.

If Newcastle get up for a win against Victory (I dont expect it but easily possible), I'd say they have one of the spots in the bag, which leaves us fighting Brisbane, Sydney, and now even Perth for the 1 other spot.

I'm just as upset as anyone else on here, but i dont think this game was the be all and end all. We are one point outside the top 6 and have a game in hand over newcastle.

If we can take maximum points against Adelaide (who look really shit atm) at home, then it will probably come down to the game in brisbane for a spot in the finals who have the worst home record in the league (though still not that bad (5-1-4)

This thread changes every week, we win and everyone says were gonna kill victree in the finals and we lose and we dont deserve to be in the finals.

Just have a bit of faith in the boys for the next few weeks

Edited by Tbitm

Need to have a bit of faith, but jesus can we get some psychiatric help for the away games, theres something wrong.

They should be talking to teams who travel interstate/overseas most weeks and win (eg. Melb Storm, Sydney Swans, etc) and see what they do.

We can still make finals, my money is on Heart vs Victory first week and good luck getting a ticket haha!

Come on you boys in red, and lift for the home games, these are CRUCIAL!!!

And so are we, the fans, we need to get out to their last games and support the boys and be the 12th man, or else we may as well all look forward to next year.

Meanwhile, anyone who knows a good shrink, send them to La Trobe during the week...

I'm just as upset as anyone else on here, but i dont think this game was the be all and end all. We are one point outside the top 6 and have a game in hand over newcastle.

If we can take maximum points against Adelaide (who look really shit atm) at home, then it will probably come down to the game in brisbane for a spot in the finals who have the worst home record in the league (though still not that bad (5-1-4)

This thread changes every week, we win and everyone says were gonna kill victree in the finals and we lose and we dont deserve to be in the finals.

Just have a bit of faith in the boys for the next few weeks

my earlier post was not saying that we won't make finals if we don't win against phoenix, it was saying we don't deserve to. And to be perfectly honest if we can't beat the bottom team we really don't deserve a spot in the finals regardless of whether we make it or not

Rebuild for next season. Just play all the kids. Should not even think about finals after that shit we served up today.

I agree that we (or any team that finishes sixth in a ten team competition) should not be in the finals. Who wants a repeat of the non-sense that we showed in Perth last season. If we finish under half way down the ladder at the end of the season then we should concentrate on next season.

• Like 1

Our efforts against Wellington this season have been a disaster. 1-1 draw at home against a largely youth team. Then lost 3-2 after an early 2-0 lead. And losing today when we had so much to play for. Disgraceful return of 1 point from what should've been 9 if we were serious.

Rebuild for next season. Just play all the kids. Should not even think about finals after that shit we served up today.

This is not AFL its A League,

If we had missed the finals last season with four rounds to go and just played the kids then we would have played:

Eli, Good, Hamil and Goodwin.

What would we have gained by doing this???

• Like 1

If we had missed the finals last season with four rounds to go and just played the kids then we would have played:

We can gain an inside into what our team will look like next season. There is no point in stumbling into 5 or 6th spot and getting thumped like we did last season. The only way i think we can be reasonably competitive in finals is if we somehome draw a final with victory and for that to even happen we would need to be lucky. Why not play the kids?? There the future!! Van schip would've already cleared half the list out now if he had been coaching!!!! Simon, Matty thompson and fred may only have 1-2 seasons left for the heart, why not play a stefan mauk? We quite clearly do not deserve to be in finals, and i think with 4 games left we can see whos worth keeping and whos worth cutting out of our younger players. 

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 1

We can gain an inside into what our team will look like next season. There is no point in stumbling into 5 or 6th spot and getting thumped like we did last season. The only way i think we can be reasonably competitive in finals is if we somehome draw a final with victory and for that to even happen we would need to be lucky. Why not play the kids?? There the future!! Van schip would've already cleared half the list out now if he had been coaching!!!! Simon, Matty thompson and fred may only have 1-2 seasons left for the heart, why not play a stefan mauk? We quite clearly do not deserve to be in finals, and i think with 4 games left we can see whos worth keeping and whos worth cutting out of our younger players. 

I'm guessing you just missed Cadettes point completely ? what kids do we actually have worth playing atm other than Vranks? and will they be here round 1 next season ? i doubt players like Garuccio and mitchinson will starting 11 next season 

I'm guessing you just missed Cadettes point completely ? what kids do we actually have worth playing atm other than Vranks? and will they be here round 1 next season ? i doubt players like Garuccio and mitchinson will starting 11 next season 

Why wouldn't Garuccio and Mitchinson be in the starting 11?

Coyne is out of contract in 4 games. Who else is there besides an injured Mitchinson, maybe Kaya or another NYL guy? And then there is Garcia out of contract, with no certainty of signing him. You have Gol Gol with OP and knee issues, Mate who still isn't running and Williams.

Guys like Mauk, Edwards, Epifiano, Kaya etc. need to be given incentive to stay with the Club, otherwise, don't we have a series of "Goodwin" departures?