Melbourne Football

Round 23 | 2:30pm Sunday, March 3rd | Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin

Jimmy

Tempted to go to this. Especially considering it's in Dunedin

Might want to ask mummy permission and book flights soon then lad.

FOAD cunt

Say 2 face and see what happen 2 face.

PS I know who you are :up:

Not up for a fight champ just sick of your garbage

PS B)

Drop the C bomb on me again and a fight is exactly what you'll get :up:

FOAD cunt

PS B)

CHAMP!!

FOAD cunt

PS B)

CHAMP!!

ZZZZ moving along...

I hope Gol Gol gets some more game time - We have not really seen him working with Eli for any considerable period of time since the Derby.

FOAD cunt

PS B)

rofl, grow up

• Like 5

FOAD cunt

PS B)

What was the name of that bar you've organised for Heart supporters again Ahmad?

This please

-------------------------Babalj--------------------------

Williams----------------Kalmar----------------Garcia

---------------Germano--------Meeuwis--------------

Coyne/Vrankovic-Colosimo ©-Gerhardt-Walker

-----------------------Redmayne----------------------

Bench:

Clint Bolton (GK)

Fred

Thompson

Mebrahtu/Garuccio

Omitted:

Hoffman

Vrankovic/Coyne

Garuccio/Mebrahtu

If Mebrahtu is not fit, Garuccio should be on the bench.

Would like to see Vranks @ LB but JA will probably play Coyne there ffs.

Consistency may just be one of the things that helps us win away from home. Perhaps the less tinkering, the better.

I agree with this,

TBH I would pick Coyne over starting Vranks at Left Back for the first time as Coyne has done pretty well so far in the poistion...

Consistency may just be one of the things that helps us win away from home. Perhaps the less tinkering, the better.

I agree with this,

TBH I would pick Coyne over starting Vranks at Left Back for the first time as Coyne has done pretty well so far in the poistion...

I agree with this as well.

I would like to see Vrankovic retain his place as he is our CB of the future and the now as far as I'm concerned. I believe we need his composure on the ball and distribution, especially up the middle which is something we lack when Gerhardt and Colosimo are playing together. On the odd occasion David has been found wanting in his positioning but he is not far away and will develop faster playing in the first team along side an experienced CB partner.

I agree with this,

I would like to see Vrankovic retain his place as he is our CB of the future and the now as far as I'm concerned. I believe we need his composure on the ball and distribution, especially up the middle which is something we lack when Gerhardt and Colosimo are playing together. On the odd occasion David has been found wanting in his positioning but he is not far away and will develop faster playing in the first team along side an experienced CB partner.

The massive issue is, however, that Gerhardt has been one of, if not, the best performer all season long. So in making a minimal change, do you leave out the creative distribution of Vrankovic or do you leave the experience and nous of Colosimo. Either way, it is a big call.

I agree with this,

Agreed. IMO Coyne has done well - straight into the team and has not let us down. If we had Coyne and Mitchinson as our LBs next season I'd be pretty happy. I'd be playing Vranks and Gerhardt as CBs - I regard Colosimo as the main architect of our negativity at the back - and it was evident against Sydney but glossed over by the fact we were three goals up. If Vranks has had some uncertain moments it's because there's no-one directing the defence effectively, something that has plagued MHFC since the beginning.

I agree with this,

Agreed. IMO Coyne has done well - straight into the team and has not let us down. If we had Coyne and Mitchinson as our LBs next season I'd be pretty happy. I'd be playing Vranks and Gerhardt as CBs - I regard Colosimo as the main architect of our negativity at the back - and it was evident against Sydney but glossed over by the fact we were three goals up. If Vranks has had some uncertain moments it's because there's no-one directing the defence effectively, something that has plagued MHFC since the beginning.

agree with all of this except Coyne sticking around next season. we certainly lose a lot of forward play down the left wing because he's a bit hesitant to get forward, although he did seem a little more offensive against Sydney. maybe i'm just too used to aziz...

we must play vranks and gerhardt, colossimo can't play out from the back and it kills us every time. vranks passes like a midfielder.

Hoping that based on the precedent of starting Kalmar over Fred the last couple of weeks that JA is more inclined now to sideline the older players, though would help if Shime was injured or something.

Quietly confident about this game actually.

I'd give Coyne more time tbh. He is only getting his fitness back and did move up the wing far more than his debut game. Still looks a tad rusty but is improving each week. I think his instincts are pretty good and, as I said after the Sydney game, there were a few flickers in a developing understanding with Willo. I think we'll know by round 27 if he should be retained.

Vrankovich would be perfect for the weekend. Wellington don't have a vibrant or fit young CF who will run all day and harry and chase the ball coming out. Ifill for example is slow and lazy. We will have more time on the ball and Vrankovich is definitely more proficient on the ball than Colossimo. We looked a million times better last weekend compared to the long bomb bullshit we've been watching all year from defence.

Coyne is a decent defender at A-League level, but his only ability is tackling and heading. If you expect him to pass to targets, run down the flank and deliver good crosses you'll be let down time and time again. The guy is woeful with the ball at his feet, but gives 100% out on the park. Hopefully he's only a short term fix and we bring in someone with some attacking attributes to play at LB next season and have Mitchinson as the back up.

Would play Vranks over Colosimo. Despite his experience Colosimo is prone to errors of judgement and in defence these can be fatal. I was once a big fan of his, but after we signed him and I saw him play every week I came to realise how inconsistent he is. In addition I think those that idenitifed Vranks as the more skillful ball player are spot on. Simon's only edge (if he has one) is in the air.

Been happy with Coyne as an infill but i am yet to see any reason to sign him up long term.

We have to take Jamie Coyne for what he is. We sold our gun LB, then lost our back up to injury. Add to that we only had a couple of days to sign someone if they were going to play the next game.

I will cop him as a 3rd choice A-League level LB with a day or two's notice. Some posters/fans seriously use EPL lower table teams as the benchmark for players worthy of a squad place at Heart.

Would play Vranks over Colosimo. Despite his experience Colosimo is prone to errors of judgement and in defence these can be fatal. I was once a big fan of his, but after we signed him and I saw him play every week I came to realise how inconsistent he is. In addition I think those that idenitifed Vranks as the more skillful ball player are spot on. Simon's only edge (if he has one) is in the air.

Been happy with Coyne as an infill but i am yet to see any reason to sign him up long term.

I would argue Vranks gets caught out every 2-3 games in situations defensively which Colosimo doesnt imo, i think Colosimo is better than he gets credit for, Vranks needs to get a spot next year however.

I find it funny that we can play Gerhardt in the DM role but havnt even though all 3 have been fit and we lacked that role, given he grew into the CB role and is our most important back now it is understandable.

Is the arguement that Colosimo and Vranks are to short to play together yeah?

Hey boys, will be at the Imperial tomorrow for my first away match, hope a few of you come and say hello I'll be the guy on his own haha!!!!

Seriously, 3 points will be very welcome, and much needed. If results go our way and the Tards do us a favour tomorrow we could get a bit of a gap happening possibly.

Hope to see all of you tomorrow...