Melbourne Football

Our Marquee Man...

heart_fan10

article posted today has Scott Munn commenting that he's playing for his country this weekend, but not sure if that narrows it down at all

At least he's good enough to play for the national team for whatever country he's from. So he's no Hoffman, but you would have to assume half descent at least.

WIth the state of the national team, cap hoffman IMO

Marica - Reported 8 hours ago his agent says he's close to joining Arsenal. Hopefully we aren't naive and haven't gone off too early.

Going on previous experiences, IF our club was competing with Arsenal for a signature (lol) and nothing was locked, there'd be no chance we'd be saying anything in the media.

If this guy is our guy, you wouldn't think arsenal would be in the running, as who would weigh up playing for them or us. You must remember its his manager/agent saying that, and dropping arsenal can up his bargaining price wherever the chap me be looking to go to.

Edited by billyheart

Marica...Mifsud...Iaquinta...any of these would be great additions to our club.

Agree. I'd be real happy with any of those players. I can't really think of too many other national team strikers that are currently free agents. 2 other possibilities might be David Healy and Euzebiusz 'Ebi' Smolarek.

I believe the only national teams playing this weekend are in the Americas, so maybe our striker is from the Americas, or maybe Munn meant he played last weekend or this week.

Just heard the Scott Munn interview. His exact words were:
He is playing this weekend and also representing his country.
So, it's not a clubless player.
Start your research

Here's what I heard when Munn was talking about the international striker:

SEN: "And you've still got a marquee spot on your list to fill, I think I'm right in saying that?"

Munn: "Yeah, that's right. So we're working really hard in that space. I think we're going to have some really great news next week around a striker and a foreign player to come in to the team. What sort of happened with Orlando just caused us to rethink and took priority. But we're now back on track, I think we'll make that final signing in the next seven days and we're full steam ahead and really looking forward to round one."

SEN: "How exciting Scott"

Munn: "Very excited Tim. Very"

SEN: "Right, a well known international striker"

Munn: "Well known, depending on where you're from in the world. But, he's .. put it this way, he's playing this weekend and representing his country and hopefully he'll put in a few goals"

Very rarely do A-League clubs sign contracted players. Also, the transfer window in Europe has closed, and I'm not sure if there are any other transfer windows open. In my judgement, the signs point toward this international striker being a free agent.

A Victory source is telling me (and don't harm the messenger) it's Marica. Also said Kisnorbo didn't do too well with a medical over there and was passed over, meaning marquee push for them now is Gallas. If Kisnorbo had worked out for them they would be pushing for Marica, but with Gallas, they're looking for a non marquee striker.

Make of it what you will.

Just heard the Scott Munn interview. His exact words were:

He is playing this weekend and also representing his country.

So, it's not a clubless player.

Start your research

Here's what I heard when Munn was talking about the international striker:

SEN: "And you've still got a marquee spot on your list to fill, I think I'm right in saying that?"

Munn: "Yeah, that's right. So we're working really hard in that space. I think we're going to have some really great news next week around a striker and a foreign player to come in to the team. What sort of happened with Orlando just caused us to rethink and took priority. But we're now back on track, I think we'll make that final signing in the next seven days and we're full steam ahead and really looking forward to round one."

SEN: "How exciting Scott"

Munn: "Very excited Tim. Very"

SEN: "Right, a well known international striker"

Munn: "Well known, depending on where you're from in the world. But, he's .. put it this way, he's playing this weekend and representing his country and hopefully he'll put in a few goals"

Very rarely do A-League clubs sign contracted players. Also, the transfer window in Europe has closed, and I'm not sure if there are any other transfer windows open. In my judgement, the signs point toward this international striker being a free agent.

Had a flutter of excitement reading the SEN transcript.

A Victory source is telling me (and don't harm the messenger) it's Marica. Also said Kisnorbo didn't do too well with a medical over there and was passed over, meaning marquee push for them now is Gallas. If Kisnorbo had worked out for them they would be pushing for Marica, but with Gallas, they're looking for a non marquee striker.

If his recently been on wages of 2.5 million euro as reported. He won't be coming to Melbourne.

If his recently been on wages of 2.5 million euro as reported. He won't be coming to Melbourne. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfer-news-ciprian-marica-2265238

This would support your contention, but curious how they will wait another week.

Edited by Defibrillator

If his recently been on wages of 2.5 million euro as reported. He won't be coming to Melbourne. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfer-news-ciprian-marica-2265238

This wouldn't support your contention, but curious how they will wait another week.

That supports what I'm saying! To me his out of our league. But fuck I'm happy to be wrong.

If Munn is being absolutely truthful and Murf's transcription is absolutely accurate, then my interpretation is:

1. Kisnorbo was signed because of Orlando's injury.

2. We are hoping to sign a visa player who is a striker and is playing for his country this coming weekend. This player is well-known in the area of the world where his country is located (but not well-known generally).

As I said - my interpretation.

Suspense make people do strange things...some of us drink too much, others spend all night on the net trying to find answers, others offer to suck balls...each to their own but bloody hell Munn would you just spill your guts already?

He'll be spilling something else if Marteaux gets his way!

• Like 2

Can HeartFc confirm this?