Melbourne Football

Our Marquee Man...

heart_fan10

As John Didulica said on Wednesday evening "negotiations in football can be very weird and wonderful".

It's unclear looking at this situation from the outside what this tweet from Tanner means. There's all sorts of toing and froing that take's place when players negotiate with clubs. Perhaps they've agreed to personal terms or most of his contract, and they are just trying to finalise the deal (and, understandably, his agent is trying to maximise Mifsud's earnings)? So it's not clear whether Tanner's tweet is significant or not. And it's not obvious whether Mifsud is being more money hungry than the average player, or if he's typically money hungry.

I agree with kingofhearts, that most A-League squad's are pretty complete, and I don't think they'd want/need a striker like Mifsud. So even if he's trying to talk with other A-League clubs to drum up his price, I doubt it would significantly improve his bargaining position.

I'm going to keep the faith, and believe that this deal is near completion (or perhaps even complete), and that there will be an announcement within 5 days like Munn said. This reminds me a lot of Kewell's signing, which seemed chaotic, but was actually well taken care of and completed by Heart.

I wouldn't believe a single word Chris Tanner says, biggest dog wanking cum guzzler in Australian football. Still living in the past always trying to shit on the A-League and Lowy.

He's just trying to act like he's important when in reality he's just a two bit bullshit artist who wants to relive the glory days of the great competition that was the NSL where deuschbags like him could have their fingers in the pie.

Let the Mifsud to Heart bandwagon continue!

Edited by mus-28

What will this all mean for PG

For mine with a fit Engalaar (which we may not get to see), PG isn't in our best XI

PG was our second best player last season. i know JA wont change his formation but imagine this when OE comes back.

"international superstar"

Ramsy            Kewell               Mate

Engalaar          Paddy G

Aziz     Kisnorbo   Wielaert       Walker

Redmayne

Subs: Germano, Murdocca, Williams/GolGol/Dmac, Tandori

For mine with a fit Engalaar (which we may not get to see), PG isn't in our best XI

PG was our second best player last season. i know JA wont change his formation but imagine this when OE comes back.

Redmayne

Wouldn't JA move Paddy G back into CB and play Murdocca in the middle?

Edited by Corn Bread

Redmayne

who do you take out then Kisnorbo or Wielaert? im not sold on murdocca. worse version of matty t IMO, would rather Germano if he can stay fit.

Redmayne

who do you take out then Kisnorbo or Wielaert? im not sold on murdocca. worse version of matty t IMO, would rather Germano if he can stay fit.

I'd take out Wielaert and i'm not sold on either Germano or Mudocca, I'm reserving judgement till I watch both of them play a bit more, which is the beauty of our squad now, if one struggles we will have someone to fill in who's quality. Personally I get the feeling Germano will be played if he's fit as JA doesn't like to change too much so he'll play who he's familiar with

Redmayne

That line up looks great. And if it's Mifsud, my feeling is that he'll be an improvement on Tadic, and probably the most effective striker we've ever had (which isn't saying a lot). But the challenge will be to have each of those players fit and available at the same time. I'm going to assume Engelaar wont get back, in which case it's a bonus if he does.

Can't believe there's so much hate for Germano and Kalmar.You lot let a few months of injured game time cloud your judgement...

It's not hate but if u compare Kalmar to the Number 10's of the sides that have won the A League u simply can not say the guy is close to being of the same quality.

• Like 1

Wy would someone ask to go to any a-league club but heart.......

Then sign with heart

I don't believe we would throw a wad of cash at him to convince him to join us.

Tanner is a tool

I wouldn't read too much into it. MM's agent probably said something like "Well if you can get a really good offer from a club other than Heart then of course Michael would be interested...."

Players have very short careers and I don't blame them for shopping around. If I was more marketable I'd be doing the same thing. It's the way of the world.

Anyway, I think we should all wait for confirmation from MHFC. I was just relaying what Tanner tweeted.

Can't believe there's so much hate for Germano and Kalmar.You lot let a few months of injured game time cloud your judgement...

It's not hate but if u compare Kalmar to the Number 10's of the sides that have won the A League u simply can not say the guy is close to being of the same quality.

He has been, at times.

Lack of consistency is his issue; quality is not.

Inb4 McGrath will be another Craig Goodwin saga where half the forum will bash on JA for not signing him

Completely different scenario...

I always go on about the Goodwin Debacle because he was already in a Heart shirt and we told that he was a like for a like with Aziz.

Which could not be further from the truth.

• Like 1

Tanner tweeted 11 minutes ago that Mifsud has agreed terms with us.

https://twitter.com/ChrisTannerZSEM

Rofl I'll wait till heart annouce it, this bloke looks about as reliable as bill Clinton. I love the fact that his background photo is him sitting there drinking a beer. Does he think that, that adds credibility to his posts?

Tanner tweeted 11 minutes ago that Mifsud has agreed terms with us.

https://twitter.com/ChrisTannerZSEM

Rofl I'll wait till heart annouce it, this bloke looks about as reliable as bill Clinton. I love the fact that his background photo is him sitting there drinking a beer. Does he think that, that adds credibility to his posts?

Of course.

Reckon this guy will be good, just hope that non signing of McGrath doesn't come back to f*** us over. 

And lets face it he will bring in more fans that McGrath so another good piece of business by the club. Already been mentioned but in our starting XI how many players fit the yoof policy? 

Define yoof. If its players under 21 then it's just Walker, which is kinda sad. But if you include players we are developing players that have potential to play overseas or for Australia you could put Redmayne (24), Behich(22), Duganzic(23) and Mebrahtu(23) in there. 

Edited by Tbitm
  • Like 1