Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

Battle for every cent?

Thought you were all Heart Johnny boy, bloke's true colours will likely be flagged soon. He'd earn that last year and more in no time at all by hopping straight into the media who've been swinging off his dick since that penalty.

He will pop up in commentary on sbs and fox.

Crap I will have to boycot them as soon as he attempts to "analyse" a game.

Off you go JA to Alice Springs where under 9 girls team needs a water boy.When a team isn't doing well he'll just say: "Not enough long balls..."

Alo...who?

Alo.. Who is he?

Mean play on words.

Who is he? An ex striker for our inaugural team and ex-coach who tried his best and was committed to the club but was far from ready for the job but I think that we need to not attack him personally, he did his best, the Board are responsible for the appointment and the current state of the club as they must have anticipated that this was one possible outcome from his appointment. We shouldn't blame someone for doing their best, just thank him for his efforts and wish him the best for his coaching future, just not at Heart until he has a record of success.

Agreed. We can't deny that he tried very hard. He isn't a great coach by any stretch, he needs mentoring and training properly. But he did try hard, and he has been with the club since the start, so he does deserve some respect for that. And personal attacks aren't called for.

Just glad we can move on now and get someone in that can turn this club around.

• Like 1

i would have had a lot more goodwill towards Johnny is he'd been sacked before the season had been burnt to the ground like:

* after losing 5 in a row last year and clearly not having a clue what to do about it

* after about 5 or 6 games this season when it had become obvious to anyone who knew anything about the beautiful game that he was well out of his depth

Now I just have relief that the destruction has finished and the time for rebuilding has begun. Eventually I'll be able to recall his achievements as a player, but for now the pain he inflicted on us as a coach is too strong.

• Like 1

Also if anyone wants the audio of the presser I recorded it so just PM me.

So Foxe is gone too? And did they confirm interim coach?

No conformation but sidwell said the JVS will coach against CCM. Foxe knew he was fucked too so thats why he quit i'm guessing.

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 1

Also if anyone wants the audio of the presser I recorded it so just PM me.

So Foxe is gone too? And did they confirm interim coach?

No conformation but sidwell said the JVS will coach against CCM. Foxe knew he was fucked too so thats why he quit i'm guessing.

I'll bin my "Please quit Aloisi" and make a "welcome back Schip" banner and take it to Gosford :D

• Like 1

The dominoes will fall throughout the club now. One by one.

I'm not sure that Nus will be appointed interim coach - he's mainly a fitness man.

My front runners would be:

- JvS, although IMO the club would rather use him as an advisor through the process of the next full-time appointment;

- Papas;

- Alistair Edwards.

I reckon the club has a good idea of who it will be already.

Remember, we're only going to appoint an interim coach. We shouldn't expect too much straightaway. I'll be happy if we return to the club's values more than anything - some good results will be a bonus along the way.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 3

JA GONE. Whoo hoo. Was feeling so depressed, frustrated and impotent. Now we can have Heart and start to Believe again. Can see why "nice guy" JA gets the support he does but he was pretty stupid staying on. He could have left with dignity instead of being sacked. Lots more to do to get this great club flying, but this is a fantastic start.

I am now looking forward to the game against CCM.

Thank you kom.

• Like 1

I'm not sure that Nus will be appointed interim coach - he's mainly a fitness man.

- JvS, although IMO the club would rather use him as an advisor through the process of the next full-time appointment;

- Papas;

- Alistair Edwards.

Remember, we're only going to appoint an interim coach. We shouldn't expect too much straightaway. I'll be happy if we return to the club's values more than anything - some good results will be a bonus along the way.

If JVS is back looks like we will have the kids playing again which might also see the end of Migiliorini..... But id rather they release Germano and keep Migliorini

Edited by Dylan

- Papas;

- Alistair Edwards.

If JVS is back looks like we will have the kids playing again which might also see the end of Migiliorini..... But id rather they release Germano and keep Migliorini

Migs is pretty young himself though so he might stay on. Can't wait to hopefully seeing Vrankovic, Garuccio, Mauk and Walker getting the game time they have deserved.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23626295/PressConf.mp3

Audio of the presser. 

If anyone wants the file pm me an email address and ill send.

Thanks Dylan.

A few points:

- I'd say a "sale" is much less likely than I had previously thought;

- the present Board are prepared to fund the club "for ever";

- The Board waited until they were sure that they had availed JA of every reasonable resource and chance to make a success of things;

- JvS is their choice as coach until the end of this season and they are negotiating with him on this;

- Foxe has resigned - Sidwell used the words "fallen on his own sword."

Can't hep but admire Sidwell's honesty in his own culpability.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23626295/PressConf.mp3

Audio of the presser. 

If anyone wants the file pm me an email address and ill send.

Thanks Dylan.

A few points:

- I'd say a "sale" is much less likely than I had previously thought;

- the present Board are prepared to fund the club "for ever";

- The Board waited until they were sure that they had availed JA of every reasonable resource and chance to make a success of things;

- JvS is their choice as coach until the end of this season and they are negotiating with him on this;

- Foxe has resigned - Sidwell used the words "fallen on his own sword."

Can't hep but admire Sidwell's honesty in his own culpability.

I still think Sidwell's comments about the sale are a bit of a front to try and deny that the sale is taking place. He did say they are willing to pour money in yet the rumours floating around for years were that they were tight. PLUS by now you would think we would have had a permanent training base by now.  Its getting to a point that a takeover is getting reported from all corners and its hard to believe that all of these reports started from just one source. You would hope as professional journalists they would seek numerous sources from both sides. 

Loved the comment reported that they never took the SM bid seriously because they knew they didnt have the money. Which when you think about it, is true. I remember the interview with the CEO or whatever of SM on Soccer Stoppage Time never talking about members but they had a 'database' of 8000 names, so basically that could mean anything. I mean really, what amateurs. 

• Like 2

Have not had a chance to listen to the presser yet, but really interested to hear what was said.

I am hoping Sidwell apologized to aloisi and the members. Was an absolutely ridiculous decision to give him the job. Now lets hope that JVS doesn't up and fuck off as soon as another position comes up like last time.

• Like 1

This sacking is the culmination a 2 years of failed decisions. JA should never have gotten the job as he wasn't ready. He hadn't done his apprenticeship. I said this at the time and I am sad to be proven right.

The club has lost all direction now and it is time for a re-boot. Today the club will just replace the manager but that is just short term thinking. What is needed is a two direction approach if we are going to fulfil the stated philosophy of the club of sophisticated European football(I am going to take that to mean pro-active attacking football), youth development and community engagement.

First the club needs to set up an academy that will try and attracted the best young Victorian players and some from around the country, plus train as many local coaches as it can as well. That academy should be set up with the goal of producing a locally trained team that will challenge to be the best in Asia playing pro-active attacking football in 10-15 years. Long term stuff that nobody wants to think about.

Until that happens the senior team should be set up to play to win using a style of play that is close to the stated philosophy as possible. Over time the senior team should evolve into the stated above team. That will keep us strong in the short term with results, some good seasons to go with some bad. But if we can start producing our own players and start to control how we play and who plays for us we will be ahead of the rest of the league.

Hopefully the new owners will take some sort of similar approach, but I can’t see it happening.

• Like 3

It has become clear that this club was set up with the intention of being sold off quickly. Most of the things you mention were things that the club have said they were working towards yet doing nothing to go about achieving them. Clearly they were just telling us what we wanted to hear while they set things up for a sale. I do not trust a thing that comes out of this club any more.

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 1