Melbourne Football

Who is our 2nd biggest rival?

FB.

Who is our 2nd biggest rival?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Who is our 2nd biggest rival?

When I went to NSL games it was many years ago and I was a teenager. My memory is a little fuzzy. But, I just remember feeling scared. Which is what I felt at WSW.

However, I am over the WSW thing and the team doesn't bother me any more. I am very mad at what Burns and Ferguson have said, so I change my vote to Perth!

When I went to NSL games it was many years ago and I was a teenager. My memory is a little fuzzy. But, I just remember feeling scared. Which is what I felt at WSW.

I've seen more fights at A-League games/outside the grounds than I ever did back in the NSL. Come to think of it, I dont remember seeing one proper fight from when I went to NSL games & I went to atleast 30-40 games.

• Like 2

I've seen more fights at A-League games/outside the grounds than I ever did back in the NSL. Come to think of it, I dont remember seeing one proper fight from when I went to NSL games & I went to atleast 30-40 games.

TBH I can see where Natalie is coming from...

As there was def some similarities in the behavior of some of the Old NSL fans at the Melbourne Knights game this preseason and the behavior of some of the supporters at the WSW game.

(The key weird being some.)

However I do agree with MaliMate that the only thing the A League has really done in regards to football violence is make it less ethnic orientated and thus accessible to more people in society...

Edited by cadete

More fuel to the Perth hatred

-Baird's dive costing us our first home win

-Perth smashing us out of the finals

-Perth destroying us 0-5 pre-season

-Until this weekend we had never beaten them at home

and now the Burns incident

I am seriously beginning to hate these purple kents

Even more fuel is the fact that Perth to live in is simply shit... a Rascist, Conservative (Thats right too Conservative for Cadete), Inbred, and most of all a Cultural Wasteland.

Apologies - To nearby Freo and those liveable decent towns in South and South West WA.

Edited by cadete

In saying that did you attend WSW this earlier this season?

And did you attend Melbourne Knights last preseason and this preseason?

What has WSW got to do with NSL? They are an A-League club who came almost 10 years after NSL was disbanded..

As for the Knights, I couldn't get there but I take it you are talking about the MCF doing something? I don't think most Knights fans even like them.

But I do admit, any Knights or South Melbourne game with an A League team would be tense because those clubs feel cheated and betrayed by FFA and the A league, and they are probably right in thinking that when looking at the process that happened during the period of closing the NSL and starting the A League. It was dismissive, and still is, of the efforts made by those clubs and communities who brought and kept football alive in this country.

As for our 2nd biggest rival, i don't think we have one....yet. A rivarly has to be mutual and I don't think other clubs or fans would see us as a big rival yet.. Perth has the potential to become one.. I've always hated them ever since they were formed..

Edited by kontra.11
  • Like 2

In saying that did you attend WSW this earlier this season?

And did you attend Melbourne Knights last preseason and this preseason?

As for the Knights, I couldn't get there but I take it you are talking about the MCF doing something? I don't think even most Knights fans like them.

Very true. A lot of old fans including my dad sort of blame these "hooligans" for damaging the Knights brand.

• 1 month later...

There is no such thing as 2nd biggest rivalry. We hate victory, everyone else is in the same boat, we just single out victory for obvious reasons. I actually dont mind wsw, theyve done really well in their first season, and if anyone but heart is going to win the title, id rather it be them.

WESTERN SYDNEY WANDERERS. This team is our rival we are the only 2 expansion team in the comp.

They intimidate, and they call themselvea the home of football, so why do they keep sucking FFA's tit

Were is our support? Why don't we get the concessions that they get? I was at the WSW game last week and they look at us as easy beats... Mark my words the Big Red will be the biggest game of the season in the not so distant future . I can't wait to see them aami park... I wish we were funded by the FFA...

• Like 1

I just have a completely irrational hatred for West Sydney. Is what I would have said before the game on Friday.

I believe it is quite rational now haha! Watching on tv and hearing the commentators froth over everything they did, and the way they pumped up the RBB annoyed me too. Makes it very hard to like them.

The second game against wellington this season, listening to the commentators frothing over they did made me hate Wellington that much more!

• 1 month later...

Hi.

I had a wonderful conversation with a bunch of WSW supporters and we discussed the merits of security and how good it was for everyone to be in fairly good spirits in the rain, shook hands, took a few numbers and agreed to make the trip up to your ground next year. We explained how the situation of ours got out of hand extremely quickly and apologised.

I'm glad that those wonderful supporters are nothing like you at all.

deleting my posts? grow some balls your fucking admins are even buckling

You realise this isn't a democracy? 

No one gives a fuck what you have to say.

so much shit talking going on here about friday night, someone needs to know truth about that night you cheap cunts, i just hope all you lot make the away trip nxt yr, you'l see the democracy then

Edited by RBB

deleting my posts? grow some balls your fucking admins are even buckling

You realise this isn't a democracy? 

No one gives a fuck what you have to say.

so much shit talking going on here about friday night, someone needs to know truth about that night you cheap cunts, i just hope all you lot make the away trip nxt yr, you'l see the democracy then

Relax your sax you wannabe hooligan. No one has confirmed who that guy really was. He is not a member of MHFC