Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart and Melbourne City attendances

Jimmy

6k to a football game on a perfect day.

People have spoken.

club is not making money through the gates and there aren't many prospects on the ground club can sell off like the previous years.

we have to be loosing money this year

True. At least the two seasons when JVS was in we sold a few players for some decent cash. Last season and this season ZERO.

Shocking crowd on Sunday. Perfect conditions for a football game and we only got 6k. Worst in the league so far apart from the CCM game which was hampered by poor weather. I left behind St Kilda beach which had topless UK girls yet I still attended the game. I guess that's what happens when your team loses every week.

Jesus, I was so tempted to go there instead of the game for that reason!

As if we expected more than 6k with the way we have been playing

People have spoken.

To be honest, I think only fickle people will ever use weather as an excuse for not going to a match so we should never use this as an excuse.

That said, yesterday's weather was fucking horrible, way too hot. Anyone who thinks ~20 and rain is worse is fucking retarded.

• Like 2

Depends where you are mate. I personally think it's fantastic if I take my partner and young one on days like yesterday. Sun is out no chance of rain etc etc.

But when I'm in Bay 17 maybe it's a tad too hot but I still think it's ok. The beer washed down makes it all good.

What I'm saying is yesterday provided no excuses. Yet the bandwagon portion of the fan base had enough. Fair enough too. You either have to have nothing better to do or be emotionally Invested to watch our shit side play football at the minute.

Depressing seeing 6k only in the stands. It's embarrassing and the board should feel totally responsible. Yet they continue to do nothing.

Just a shocking bunch of people.

People have spoken.

club is not making money through the gates and there aren't many prospects on the ground club can sell off like the previous years.

True. At least the two seasons when JVS was in we sold a few players for some decent cash. Last season and this season ZERO.

Curtis Good, Aziz Behich and Eli Babalj. Nice try though.

People have spoken.

Curtis Good, Aziz Behich and Eli Babalj. Nice try though.

And Michael Marrone

2013-2014:

Total attendance (No. of games): 31,747 (4)

Average: 7,937

Change form 2012-13: +868

Still our best ever season for attendances. Imagine the possibilities if we were competitive. Pushing towards top 4

This board just doesn't understand the true potential of this club.

So frustrating!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

5k for Heart's 100th game milestone. Embarrassing!

considering we havent won a game in 19 games, I would say that 5000 shows there is hope in the club

Not only that but we've just been through like 4 days of 40+ degrees. I know tonight was the start of a cool change but there were probably more than a few who couldn't be arsed after the heat this week.

Edited by King Malta

5k for Heart's 100th game milestone. Embarrassing!

considering we havent won a game in 19 games, I would say that 5000 shows there is hope in the club

Given the hot weather this week and that it was broadcast on SBS, and up against the tennis at Melbourne Park, I thought the crowd was okay. And the 5000 that were there tonight enjoyed our first win and saw Englaar's debut, so were rewarded for making the effort to be there.

Edited by RFC56

• 3 weeks later...

Realistic goals for average crowd attendances for next year?

I'd really like us to hit the 10k mark regularly.

Will really depend on our signings and marketing (before the season begins) and then obviously how we play once we kick off.

If things go well in these areas I think 10-12k is not unrealistic.

• Like 2

I am amazed that we have still been able to attract 7,000+ members and nearly 7,000 av attendances. If, as a club, we had been structured and led properly we would already be at 10,000+ and 20,000+ numbers. I have no doubt that the multiple boosts we have had in the last few weeks PLUS the expected ongoing better and more focussed management will see us hit these numbers next year. Can't wait.

Exactly.  Our average this season is amazing considering that we went 19 games without a win (mostly losses), were playing absolute rubbish and were getting worse every single week. 

I think with some decent football our membership and crowds will quickly climb.

Very much this^^^

Soriano must have seen the potential in this club considering numbers turning up to watch the tripe presented

Good times ahead!

Realistic goals for average crowd attendances for next year?

I'd really like us to hit the 10k mark regularly.

Will really depend on our signings and marketing (before the season begins) and then obviously how we play once we kick off.

If things go well in these areas I think 10-12k is not unrealistic.

What will affect season-ticket take-up:

1. What the squad looks like, marquee signings (if any), visa players, and the coaching team.

2. How the season-tickets are structured in terms of what is included and at what price (please no more of the bullshit we've had to endure this season).

3. Marketing.

4. How we start the season (say, first three games).

After that it's going to be all about:

5. What the fixture list is (please, no more stupid KO times and clashes with other sporting events).

6. Results and ladder position.

If we can keep ourselves in the top four and competitive IMO we can average 15,000.

• Like 1

• jw1739 unpinned this topic