Melbourne Football

David Vrankovic

biancorosso7

The World Game is reporting that we have signed Vrankovic (dated 23 July 2012)

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1114022/Vrankovic-added-to-Heart-squad

Makes the defence have some depth now.

Well done Heart (JA, JD and whoever else) to finding and signing NSWPL players like Cadete and others have been advocating.

Good signing, perfect replacement for BJ.

I'm very surprised Popovic didn't pick him up earlier on, I'm assuming we've snared him due to our reputation and obviously length of contract.

Edited by Hendo
  • Like 2

Very smart from the Didliuca making the signings with Balkan regions background. Very importance for defender, can make more aggressions with Balkan mentality, cause the intimidations for opposition player, he thinking "ohh, he is from the Blakan regions background he will make much damage on me with very strong Balkan regions tackle".

• Like 4

Very smart from the Didliuca making the signings with Balkan regions background. Very importance for defender, can make more aggressions with Balkan mentality, cause the intimidations for opposition player, he thinking "ohh, he is from the Blakan regions background he will make much damage on me with very strong Balkan regions tackle".

not up to your usual standard imo

• Like 1

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

Here are a couple of young defenders who may be available...

Both have represented Australia

David Vrankovic (CB)

http://www.footballn...Hash=daf36776f2

Not trying to take any credit for the signing but was this post in the "Defender Crisis" thread (by yours truly) some lucky crystal balling or what...

Edited by Torn Asunder
  • Like 1

I'll be interested to see if aloisi has the same patience with youth as jvs. Someone like Curtis at another club may not have seen any game time after his awful first game at Newcastle. However jvs kept faith largely and he developed well. I don't know if ja will take those kinds of risks as much being a less established manager needing to prove himself with results. Hopefully vrankovic gets his chances and takes them.

Edited by perthheart

I'll be interested to see if aloisi has the same patience with youth as jvs. Someone like Curtis at another club may not have seen any game time after his awful first game at Newcastle. However jvs kept faith largely and he developed well. I don't know if ja will take those kinds of risks as much being a less established manager needing to prove himself with results. Hopefully vrankovic gets his chances and takes them.

Now that we have depth in defence, even if JA doesn't have faith, the natural attrition of injuries will give them all a go at different stages throughout the season. We're in a good position.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

IMO should be Gray. he's had over 300 games as a professional and from what I've seen of him he's less of a liability than Colosimo or Gerhardt.

Only problem with DV is that once people see how good he is some bugger will want to buy him.

Edited by jw1739

IMO should be Gray. he's had over 300 games as a professional and from what I've seen of him he's less of a liability than Colosimo or Gerhardt.

Only problem with DV is that once people see how good he is some bugger will want to buy him.

How long is Vrankovic's contract?

• 2 months later...

Vrankovic was pretty good in the stint he had early in the season I reckon. He's 18 and only in his first year of aleague so surely he can be given a bit of a chance from supporters. Also it was his first game back in the youth league last week for a couple of weeks. I'm not too sure why he wasnt selected though - could've been injured.

• 1 year later...

Being reported on Twitter that he's back to his old club:

Also, @footballnsw confirm that young gun @DavidVrankovic has been re-signed by @BWEFC from @MelbourneHeart for the remainder of #NPLNSW.

https://twitter.com/FTSAUS/status/459195202305933314

Bl9tv74CEAArAX9.jpg

http://www.footballnsw.com.au/index.php?id=149&tx_ttnews%5Byear%5D=2014&tx_ttnews%5Bmonth%5D=04&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=8761&cHash=202ec4802115107f6a738f162a23f7ef

Edited by Murfy1