Jump to content
Melbourne Football
kingofhearts

Round 15 vs Adelaide 12th January, Thursday

Recommended Posts

Fredinho69    129

Going with the brother and a couple mates should be a fun little trip! Weather should hopefully cool down by kick off as it'll be 33 during the day

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geo400    58

I will be very annoyed if we conceed against this bunch, theyre absolutely woeful in the final third, 0-1 or 0-2 for mine. We better go in for the kill this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LIBBA]    672
7 hours ago, Fredinho69 said:

Going with the brother and a couple mates should be a fun little trip! Weather should hopefully cool down by kick off as it'll be 33 during the day

Going down too with the wifey and a couple of mates.

Now changed to 37 degrees!!! :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Melburnian    1,002

WONt be easy, Adelaide will have chances against us, the only thing missing from their game has been converting their chances.

I personally thought they were the better side against Victory but didn't take their chances and the MV did. 

We have also been sloppy with our chances, need an early goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
playmaker    854

Adelaide look very dangerous. If they can organise their front, which isn't far off, we are in trouble. If our defence has a few brain snaps or get too fatigued because of our obsession with possession then another 3 points gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
playmaker    854
1 hour ago, bt50 said:

2-0 for mine. Bruno and Kamau to score

Fitzy should start over Kamau as Kamau is too slow distributing the ball and we lose too many attacking opportunities because of it.

Edited by playmaker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bt50    3,246
17 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Fitzy should start over Kamau as Kamau is too slow distributing the ball and we lose too many attacking opportunities because of it.

Don't agree. Thought Friday's was Kamau's best game since the derby tbh, although he needs some work on his finishing.

EDIT His last three games actually have all been decent.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LIBBA]    672
19 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Don't agree. Thought Friday's was Kamau's best game since the derby tbh, although he needs some work on his finishing.

EDIT His last three games actually have all been decent.

My issue with Kamau is his final ball.

 

I think what @playmaker was trying to say is that he is too slow in distributing and as a result, his final ball into the box usually comes to nothing..

Looks dangerous, but thats about it.

 

Almost like a beefed up steroid junkie who has the appearance of being strong as fuck, but can barely pick up a 15kg dumbell

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bt50    3,246
1 minute ago, [LIBBA] said:

My issue with Kamau is his final ball.

 

I think what @playmaker was trying to say is that he is too slow in distributing and as a result, his final ball into the box usually comes to nothing..

Looks dangerous, but thats about it.

 

Almost like a beefed up steroid junkie who has the appearance of being strong as fuck, but can barely pick up a 15kg dumbell

 

Oh yeh thats fine, dont necessarily disagree. Don't think starting Fitzy over him is a better option tho. Kamau offers more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LIBBA]    672
1 minute ago, bt50 said:

Oh yeh thats fine, dont necessarily disagree. Don't think starting Fitzy over him is a better option tho. Kamau offers more.

That we can both agree on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bt50    3,246

                                Bouzanis

Franjic    Jakobsen         Tongyik      Colazo

                                  Malik

                   Brattan         Cahill

Kamau                  Fornaroli                Brandan

 

SUBS Sorensen   Caceres    Rose    Fitzgerald    Retre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
playmaker    854
6 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Oh yeh thats fine, dont necessarily disagree. Don't think starting Fitzy over him is a better option tho. Kamau offers more.

Disagree, unfortunately he has no first ball into the box, which is a must for a fast WF. He consistently takes possession, runs the ball up, stops, and the advantage has gone. He then gives the ball to Franjic who then proceed to find an opportunity.

This the one of the reasons we are not dangerous on the counter and ball movement and delivery is way too slow for our CFs to take advantage. Fitzy, even though not as efficient as a ball carrier, is much more dynamic, has the first time cross and is more aware and better reader of the play. And he can cut in and is a much bigger threat in front of goal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bt50    3,246
1 minute ago, playmaker said:

Disagree, unfortunately he has no first ball into the box, which is a must for a fast WF. He consistently takes possession, runs the ball up, stops, and the advantage has gone. He then gives the ball to Franjic who then proceed to find an opportunity.

This the one of the reasons we are not dangerous on the counter and ball movement and delivery is way too slow for our CFs to take advantage. Fitzy, even though not as efficient as a ball carrier, is much more dynamic, has the first time cross and is more aware and better reader of the play. And he can cut in and is a much bigger threat in front of goal. 

No offence, but i dont think ive ever seen Fitzy hit a successful cross. It's his biggest knock for mine. Def more a threat himself on goals tho.
I do love him as a 75' sub tho because hes much more direct at tiring defences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
haz    1,993
14 minutes ago, bt50 said:

                                Bouzanis

Franjic    Jakobsen         Tongyik      Colazo

                                  Malik

                   Brattan         Cahill

Kamau                  Fornaroli                Brandan

 

SUBS Sorensen   Caceres    Rose    Fitzgerald    Retre

Just shows how strong our team is. Although I do think we will need to replace Kamau and Brattan with Fitzgerald and Caceres once we start to look flat and pass backwards.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
playmaker    854
6 minutes ago, bt50 said:

No offence, but i dont think ive ever seen Fitzy hit a successful cross. It's his biggest knock for mine. Def more a threat himself on goals tho.
I do love him as a 75' sub tho because hes much more direct at tiring defences.

Well I have and the fact that Fitzy is so much more dynamic in that area and a real goal threat where Kamou is not. At the games there is a running joke between me and my kids which is commentary when Kamou receives the ball.... and that is, 'he dribbles the ball, stops, hasn't got a clue, misses the opportunity, and passes back to Franjic.'

90% of the time we are right before it happens.

Not good enough.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
haz    1,993
3 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Well I have and the fact that Fitzy is so much more dynamic in that area and a real goal threat where Kamou is not. At the games there is a running joke between me and my kids which is commentary when Kamou receives the ball.... and that is, 'he dribbles the ball, stops, hasn't got a clue, misses the opportunity, and passes back to Franjic.'

90% of the time we are right before it happens.

Not good enough.

I'd try Fitzy in the centre for the last 20, and sub Kamau for Brattan to go outwide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
n i k o    4,817

Kamau played his best game since round 2. Prior to this game I would have been willing to give Fitzy a chance to start.  But seeing as Kamau did have a good performance he should definitely be starting for this game. Anyway Fitzy coming on as a sub is beneficial for us. 

Edited by n i k o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shahanga    3,502
5 hours ago, n i k o said:

Kamau played his best game since round 2. Prior to this game I would have been willing to give Fitzy a chance to start.  

Am definitely with you on this one. Finally over the head knock perhaps? Definitely wouldn't drop him now. 

I agree with @bt50 Colazo at left back. On one hand A waste of a marquee, but he's not playing well enough forward and is surely a better option than Rose, who is really just a role player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HeartOfCity    299
27 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Am definitely with you on this one. Finally over the head knock perhaps? Definitely wouldn't drop him now. 

I agree with @bt50 Colazo at left back. On one hand A waste of a marquee, but he's not playing well enough forward and is surely a better option than Rose, who is really just a role player. 

I dont want to cause a big uproar here but.......................I would maybe pick Rose over Colazo for this game, as much as I want Colazo to be a star I would like to see Rose as leftback, he looks faster and i think he could cover any counters down that side, he also looked sharp last week. To me Colazo looks disinterested and is probably on the park to be played into form. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MCY HERO    16
19 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Should be an easy win but knowing us nothing is easy.

1-1 draw

I reckon we will win because Valkanis used to be Amor's assistant so he will know how he plays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jw1739    6,975

Pretty simple really, for every match from here on in - got to take as many points as we possibly can. With the squad we have anything other than a top four finish is an absolute fail.

Edited by jw1739

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bt50    3,246
48 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Pretty simple really, for every match from here on in - got to take as many points as we possibly can. With the squad we have anything other than a top four finish is an absolute fail.

Anything other than top two is a fail.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bt50    3,246
4 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Best we can hope for is third, unless Victory implode. 

Its only six points and we play them once more. If we're good enough we'll get them

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MCY HERO    16
19 hours ago, hakz7 said:

Adelaide to get their second win of the season...

Surely we can beat them they are last

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Pretty simple really, for every match from here on in - got to take as many points as we possibly can. With the squad we have anything other than a top four finish is an absolute fail.

If we dont make top 4 it is a serious fail and we need some serious offseason trading 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wombegongal    446

Cahill isn't a 10. Play a proper 10 (and give them time, either tiprat or caceres) and watch the results roll in. Kamau has to start, twice the player Fitzgerald is. Fitzgerald is however a great impact sub. Kamau running to corners scares teams and opens up space in the middle of the park for Cahill/ Fornaroli.

 

Also where the fuck is Murfy1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
haz    1,993
4 minutes ago, wombegongal said:

Also where the fuck is Murfy1?

In China for work I believe?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mattyh001    397

Seems like a big game for us in terms of a home final, since (a.) the Tards host Brisbane and (b.) Newcastle host Perth.

I know there are still a few weeks left yet, but it's games like that give you the buffers you need going into the final few weeks so it doesn't feel like you're playing a granny each week (something that always takes its toll during the actual finals).

A win guarantees a three game / win gap to sixth (Perth & Newcastle are currently two games back in fifth & sixth respectfully), while we will close the gap on the tards / open up a gap on Brisbane one way or another.

Just makes the win all the more important

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pls Valko, play a front 2

                 Sorensen

Franjic Tongyik Jakobsen Colazo

          Brattan     Kilkenny

Fitzy          Brandan        Kamau

            Cahill         Bruno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fensaddler    402
25 minutes ago, illeatyourheart said:

pls Valko, play a front 2

                 Sorensen

Franjic Tongyik Jakobsen Colazo

          Brattan     Kilkenny

Fitzy          Brandan        Kamau

            Cahill         Bruno

Kilkenny's suspended, and even then, this looks a bit too attack focused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×