Melbourne Football

Talking City Fan Channel

Embee

Nice episode lads. Well done.

FWIW I don't think that Milliner is one of the full-time A-League referees. There's a list somewhere that will confirm or otherwise.

On the Murdocca interview I thought the key points were that:
- in the Heart era individual players were not held accountable, JvS was a nice easy-going guy, and that the club was content to "make finals."
- when CFG took over JvS hardened up, there was more pressure and it was clear that CFG wanted the club to win trophies.
- everyone expected David Villa to play 10 matches for us. (The club stuffed this one up good and proper and has never 'fessed up on the subject.)
- Aaron Mooy was a "robot" - early to training and last to leave, and worked his socks off. (Perhaps that's why he is successful?)

Great interview and pretty much confirmed what we thought and wrote on the Forum.

6 hours ago, jw1739 said:

- Aaron Mooy was a "robot" - early to training and last to leave, and worked his socks off. (Perhaps that's why he is successful?)

I remember watching a video on mooy (I think by Huddersfield), and they interviewed his mother and friends. It seemed that's how his personality was. Didn't have many friends, would just play/train then just come home straight into his room.

Even when he returned home from overseas (I think from Bolton?) even after not seeing his family for over a year, he still wouldn't talk much and just go into his room.

Edited by haz

3 hours ago, haz said:

I remember watching a video on mooy (I think by Huddersfield), and they interviewed his mother and friends. It seemed that's how his personality was. Didn't have many friends, would just play/train then just come home straight into his room.

Even when he returned home from overseas (I think from Bolton?) even after not seeing his family for over a year, he still wouldn't talk much and just go into his room.

Not surprising. Seen a lot of 'quirky' personalities go on to great things in sport. 

16 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

First team player on the show this week. Not saying who but any questions will be considered. They're a starting XI player.

Hopefully it's Killer, he won't sugar coat his answers

Question: has there been any changes to the style of play, since JVS has left ( we know that there hasn't, so it will be interesting to hear the bullshit answer )

1 minute ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Haha it is not Josh Rose (despite @Embee being his only defender)

FWIW he had a great game last week. 

Anyway, one question:

There's been a lot of talk about the clubs culture recently. Considering the clubs you have played for in the past, whether in the Aleague or abroad, what's your opinion on the clubs current culture and how does this compare to the clubs you have played for in the past?

.....leading on form that what do you feel are the positive cultural changes that exist and what areas can the players, fans & club improve on to continue building a strong club culture?

8 minutes ago, n i k o said:

FWIW he had a great game last week. 

Anyway, one question:

There's been a lot of talk about the clubs culture recently. Considering the clubs you have played for in the past, whether in the Aleague or abroad, what's your opinion on the clubs current culture and how does this compare to the clubs you have played for in the past?

.....leading on form that what do you feel are the positive cultural changes that exist and what areas can the players, fans & club improve on to continue building a strong club culture?

That is a handsome question. I actually am stealing the fuck out of this and not giving you credit (I'll give you credit)

its pronounce "en eye Kay oh" yea? :tooth:

Edited by thisphantomfortress
  • Like 1

Q: Prior to last weeks big win we have pretty much lost or drawn most games post FFA cup. Would you attribute this to maybe really pushing hard for the cup and then struggling to regain that intensity and mindset required to back up each week. Or do you think the JVS departure and subsequent changing of coaching staff was a reason?

If Kamau: Whats it like finally being useful in a game? 

If anyone else:

Do you ever browse through the Melbourne City forums? 

What type of player does Melbourne City need to do what Sydney has done and maintain first for so long? (inb4 typical answer of "We have the players already" lmfao) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

That is a handsome question. I actually am stealing the fuck out of this and not giving you credit (I'll give you credit)

its pronounce "en eye Kay oh" yea? :tooth:

I don't care as long as we get answers lol. Looking forward to the pronunciation effort on the show :up: 

• Like 1