Melbourne Football

Talking City Fan Channel

Embee

So, for those of us not "in the know" - when did Bolton finish with the club? Was it when JvS finished, and what was the reason?

I didn't think the "bombs" he dropped were that heavy. Now that he's no longer part of the club he's pretty much expressed what I'd say the majority of supporters feel - that the club is under-performing on a number of fronts.

10 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

So, for those of us not "in the know" - when did Bolton finish with the club? Was it when JvS finished, and what was the reason?

I didn't think the "bombs" he dropped were that heavy. Now that he's no longer part of the club he's pretty much expressed what I'd say the majority of supporters feel - that the club is under-performing on a number of fronts.

Tbh we had no idea he'd left the club (his LinkedIn still listed him as employed by us)

I thought it was a pretty huge deal to say he felt that three years of his career was wasted

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Tbh we had no idea he'd left the club (his LinkedIn still listed him as employed by us)

I thought it was a pretty huge deal to say he felt that three years of his career was wasted

I can see his point of view though in a way.

In his eyes, he feels like a club he was part of building as a player no longer exists.

I loved the interview. I could of heard another hr of Bolton go on about the club. One thing that i would of loved to of heard was his feelings and what went on when he was dropped for Redmayne by Aloisi and also what the dressing room was like during that long winless streak

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I would need to listen to it again, but my impression was that he might have pushed out of the club a few weeks ago and that there may have been some sort of purge leading up the the departure of JvS.

13 minutes ago, [LIBBA] said:

I can see his point of view though in a way.

In his eyes, he feels like a club he was part of building as a player no longer exists.

I loved the interview. I could of heard another hr of Bolton go on about the club. One thing that i would of loved to of heard was his feelings and what went on when he was dropped for Redmayne by Aloisi and also what the dressing room was like during that long winless streak

I'd like to know what the dressing room is like right now

2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Not hard when we're competing with nobody haha. But thanks, we saw a need for it and hopefully get more decent interviews like this along the way.

Tbh I think every episode your competing with yourselves to make it better and better. So far most satisfying podcast as it touches on all points without glossing over anything. On top of that having Bolton reiterate our exact concerns was satisfying to hear. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bt50 said:

I found his take on the onfield stuff and JVS the most interesting.

Absolutely agree, particularly his take on JVS. 

Great work again guys. An absolutely fantastic listen.

And Clint, if you are reading this, you're a fucking champion mate. You are a better representative of our true fans than most of our fans. Thanks for an honest interview. Its very refreshing to hear someone from this club talk so candidly and unafraid to question and criticize where its deserved. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, fensaddler said:

Best yet from my opinion, and I haven't got to the end yet.  Particularly enjoyed the thoughtful reflections on the Adelaide game and Ruon's emergence.  One minor quibble.  I'd take Clint to task on his understanding of foreign.  Ruon is Australian, albeit I think born overseas.

Minor slip of the tongue IMO. CB was really using the old meaning of "foreigner" in the sense of someone coming from another country, rather than defining Ruon's current citizenship/nationality. In terms of football, Tongyik is eligible to play for both Australia and Sudan.

CB has always struck me as a very level-headed bloke. What a great interview.

Congratulations to the lads who do this stuff.

• Like 5

On 27/01/2017 at 10:31 PM, n i k o said:

CFG need a good spraying. It's plain as day they are controlling so many things behind the scenes. Valkanis and the players are merely puppets that must abide. 

If the chants are loud enough and long enough at the Brisbane match even the commentators will notice and comment.

40 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

If the chants are loud enough and long enough at the Brisbane match even the commentators will notice and comment.

Just try and get a banner in to read "Beautiful Football is not Boring Football"

23 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

So the pod seems to have been pretty popular on here and the fan reactions have been popular on fb.

I'd like to know what other content   -if any- people would like to see in the future?

Player and former player interviews.   Maybe some sort of give-aways too (scarves etc.)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

So the pod seems to have been pretty popular on here and the fan reactions have been popular on fb.

I'd like to know what other content   -if any- people would like to see in the future?

Former players some bigger names but also some lesser known also some W League players.

That Bolton interview was superb.

• Like 1

On 30/01/2017 at 9:52 PM, thisphantomfortress said:

See below.

On 18/01/2017 at 7:09 PM, haz said:

Would love to hear more former players on the show. Such as murdocca, or Germano. The sort of guys who are humble and would give honest answers.