Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

10 minutes ago, Tesla said:

A fair bit recently actually, but only when in too much of a rush for Uber.

A 'fair bit' being like four times a fortnight.

I use them a lot... and TBH the standard of Taxi Driver I have encountered has def improved in the past couple of years since Uber entering the market.

Just now, cadete said:

I use them a lot... and TBH the standard of Taxi Driver I have encountered has def improved in the past couple of years since Uber entering the market.

I would agree, but that doesnt really change anything I've said.

It seems having a cause to protest by driving 10km/h on the freeway is legal. Its given me an idea, the local kebab place doesn't seem to put enough garlic sauce which really pisses me off. Surely even the cops would be understanding if I stage my own protest down the freeway for that won't they...? Give me my extra garlic sauce cunts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

TTIM people suggesting Maddinson was badly treated by the test selectors. The kid was given 3 tests to show if he was good enough. Giving someone an opportunity is hardly a crime.

Typical of today's snowflake society. Stop wrapping your kids up in cotton wool people, you're setting them up to be depressed failures!

• Like 1

TTIM: Any Victoria Street Trams - I only ever need to catch them a few stops from the city but even then every single time I get on there is at least one person who would easily qualify as a "Professional Fuckwit" causing some sort of disturbance as they travel from Richmond to the CBD to beg/CBD to Richmond to score with their begging money.

I would like to be compassionate to these PPL but this Tram has been like this for at least over twenty years and now my wife has to catch this tram every day to work in Hawthorn... and has at least one of these PPL hassling three out of five days a week.

Seriously, nobody causes more unnecessary aggressive drama public in Melbourne than the White Houso's around Richmond.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cadete said:

TTIM: Any Victoria Street Trams - I only ever need to catch them a few stops from the city but even then every single time I get on there is at least one person who would easily qualify as a "Professional Fuckwit" causing some sort of disturbance as they travel from Richmond to the CBD to beg/CBD to Richmond to score with their begging money.

I would like to be compassionate to these PPL but this Tram has been like this for at least over twenty years and now my wife has to catch this tram every day to work in Hawthorn... and has at least one of these PPL hassling three out of five days a week.

Seriously, nobody causes more unnecessary aggressive drama public in Melbourne than the White Houso's around Richmond.

I can get the 109, 86 or 12 home from work. The 12 and 109 are faster but I always take the 86 for this exact reason.

• Like 1

On 14/02/2017 at 3:59 PM, thisphantomfortress said:

I can get the 109, 86 or 12 home from work. The 12 and 109 are faster but I always take the 86 for this exact reason.

my older brother does the same in terms of the 109 - would be faster for him to and from work but goes via another tram for the same purpose.

makes me wonder with all the reasons to have PSOs, surely some of the trams at certain times of the day should qualify to - if only the PSOs could have itchy baton fingers ;)

13 hours ago, mattyh001 said:

my older brother does the same in terms of the 109 - would be faster for him to and from work but goes via another tram for the same purpose.

makes me wonder with all the reasons to have PSOs, surely some of the trams at certain times of the day should qualify to - if only the PSOs could have itchy baton fingers ;)

Its fucken retarded... all the Ticket Officers sit outside St Vincent's booking students whilst a few stops down Victoria Street the Tram Driver refuses to do something as a fucken idiot drops five syringes of the floor of the tram and yells at random PPL to pick them up.

9 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

While I respect that this is an emotional matter, the cornerstone of what makes us a great society is our legal system. The fact that we are tried in a public court by our peers protects our rights no matter how heinous of a crime the perpetrator has committed. Summarily dealing with criminal would turn us into a shamble like the Philippines 

I hear what you say but  - and it's a personal thing - I believe that you relinquish your rights if you commit a random murder as in this case.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

TTIM: Could take up to 18 months before the driver who murdered 5 people in the Bourke Street Mall goes before a court. Should execute the bastard without trial as far as I'm concerned.

Re introduction of the death penalty for certain mass murders should be seriously considered.

Especially in this case. No question of doubt. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

While I respect that this is an emotional matter, the cornerstone of what makes us a great society is our legal system. The fact that we are tried in a public court by our peers protects our rights no matter how heinous of a crime the perpetrator has committed. Summarily dealing with criminal would turn us into a shamble like the Philippines 

Agree with what you've said completely. However if someone happened to kill him in return I'd have no qualms. Cunt deserves to die. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

This... Also death is the easy way out for this fuckhead. 

I would instantly take death over a life of being kept alive for decades so you can enjoy the constant punishment from your fellow prisoners, and even worse a brutal mental health condition that never goes away and only gets worse and worse as each year in prison goes past.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

TTIM: Could take up to 18 months before the driver who murdered 5 people in the Bourke Street Mall goes before a court. Should execute the bastard without trial as far as I'm concerned.

Pretty sure 6 have died now.

I've always thought that the ultimate sentence would be to get executed in the same manor that the accused murdered the person/s

32 minutes ago, cadete said:

This... Also death is the easy way out for this fuckhead. 

I would instantly take death over a life of being kept alive for decades so you can enjoy the constant punishment from your fellow prisoners, and even worse a brutal mental health condition that never goes away and only gets worse and worse as each year in prison goes past.

Maybe.

If executed then at least  for the grieving families they would never have to consider this bastard as being alive,  let alone the prospect of him potentially getting released. (I know that would never happen but just the possibility is upsetting in itself).

Wonder what it costs to keep someone locked up in maximum security. At least $200k a year per prisoner surely. Pretty fucked when you think about it like that, the amount of tax money that goes to some piece of shit like this guy. 

But still, I'd agree with the above that I'd rather have him locked up for life than executed. Problem is if you brought back the death penalty for one thing like mass murders, it would end up creeping into other areas eventually as well. 

4 hours ago, n i k o said:

I know about 5-10 years back it was 90k but not sure if it was in maximum security 

Costing $824 per day to keep Ivan Milat in Goulburn. And that was back in 2009.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/a-day-to-keep-milat-in-jail/news-story/d7983299b942daa1c18b5fc955d96585

The death penalty should be re-introduced as at least an option for the most heinous of crimes.

• Like 2

In the USA's case (which probably wouldn't be all too different from us should capital punishment be allowed), the overall cost of having someone placed on deathrow is insanely more costly than a life sentencing.

Considering how lenient our system is, I imagine the legal fees and process to have someone killed would escalate out of hand due to appeals, retrials and other general red tape.

Idealistic to think that someone would get convicted and then jabbed the next morning to save a few bucks.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Costing $824 per day to keep Ivan Milat in Goulburn. And that was back in 2009.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/a-day-to-keep-milat-in-jail/news-story/d7983299b942daa1c18b5fc955d96585

The death penalty should be re-introduced as at least an option for the most heinous of crimes.

$300k a year, and that doesnt even seem to include the cost of building the facility (which really should be counted in terms of how many prisoner-days you get over the lifetime of the prison). Factor in like 20% inflation since then as a guess as well. Prisoners ain't cheap.

1 hour ago, AyeCee said:

In the USA's case (which probably wouldn't be all too different from us should capital punishment be allowed), the overall cost of having someone placed on deathrow is insanely more costly than a life sentencing.

Considering how lenient our system is, I imagine the legal fees and process to have someone killed would escalate out of hand due to appeals, retrials and other general red tape.

Idealistic to think that someone would get convicted and then jabbed the next morning to save a few bucks.

I was thinking about this earlier as well TBH, would be so much red tape and legal procedures etc it would cost a bundle to execute someone. Still, I'm not convinced it would outweigh the cost when its probably like $350k+ a year at the moment. That's over $10m for 30 years.

Either way, even I have to say this issue isn't really a matter of cost.

TTIM: The increasing amount of anger on the Forum these days. Usually the anger is focussed at the club or the players or the manager, or limited to political discussions in the Club Room, but everybody is just hating on everybody else in the main part of the Forum at the moment. Everyone needs to chill out

8 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

TTIM: The increasing amount of anger on the Forum these days. Usually the anger is focussed at the club or the players or the manager, or limited to political discussions in the Club Room, but everybody is just hating on everybody else in the main part of the Forum at the moment. Everyone needs to chill out

IMO Moderators will be clamping down on the more extreme extreme posts if the hate goes on much longer. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, bt50 said:

TTIM: That @GreenSeater doesnt like certified forum beef.

Nah I like real beef. The proper arguments like Det vs Kingofhearts or Det vs Tesla or Det vs me or Det vs NewConvert or Det vs Strider or basically any argument that's entertaining to read. Not just the current pissing contests over which shit poster is more annoying than the other shit poster. The quality of beef has gone downhill. We've moved from kobe steaks to maccas...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

I'm not one to whinge (much) but the forum has dropped over the past few months and there have been fewer and fewer quality whitty posts just more and more abuse.

Maybe the social experiment of "how much pain can people tolerate before the lose their minds?" that is Melbourne Heart/City is finally reaching it's natural conclusion 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Maybe the social experiment of "how much pain can people tolerate before the lose their minds?" that is Melbourne Heart/City is finally reaching it's natural conclusion 

What are the Wellington and Newcastle forums like (that's if such things exist)? Their supporters have also had years of pain.

IMO it's partly frustration with the club that we support, but also the way the A-League is structured. By the time you're playing another mediocre club for the third time it is pretty boring stuff. I might start a discussion on this in the "Australian Football" section in due course.

5 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

What are the Wellington and Newcastle forums like (that's if such things exist)? Their supporters have also had years of pain.

IMO it's partly frustration with the club that we support, but also the way the A-League is structured. By the time you're playing another mediocre club for the third time it is pretty boring stuff. I might start a discussion on this in the "Australian Football" section in due course.

You raise a good point and I believe the frustration is league wide. I had almost this exact same conversation with Adrian from the DFS last week, at least the wsw and victory have the retarded actions of their fans to keep things fresh I guess

2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

You raise a good point and I believe the frustration is league wide. I had almost this exact same conversation with Adrian from the DFS last week, at least the wsw and victory have the retarded actions of their fans to keep things fresh I guess

As someone who used to read the MV forum back in the Heart Days, it was usually pretty dull going like on here... also they had long established which PPL who were regular posters dominating the place and it had a big habit of putting all new posters down,

Occasionally PPL would infighting about the NT in the Supporters Section... which was humorous as you only needed to create an Account with a service provider to receive access to this section (Unlike how Home End Operations are in a more private space for the other Terraces).