3. Finishing position on the ladder.

1. Adelaide

2. Brisbane

3. Victards

4. Melb City

5. Sydney

6. Wellington (Surprise Package)

4. How far into the finals we will go

Win first final out second week. Although on paper we should be looking at a semi final playoff.

5. Player most likely to fall away and end up not being used at all which we can call doing a Mifsud.

Wouldn’t call it a mifsud. Kalmar will be starved of opportunity and will most likely be chopped by seasons end.

6. Player of the year

I reckon Duff just through his experience and from what I’ve seen he has been good, though wouldn’t be surprised if it is Aaron Mooy.

7. Young player most likely to break into the starting 11 / best young player

Marc Marino/ Garuccio both have the ability to break into the squads and stay there.

8. Players who will get released (not resigned/cut) either by seasons end or Jan transfer window.

Nick Kalmar as stated above.

I honestly think we'll be quite average. I'm predicting a bottom four finish as I really don't see what's changed in the on field department.

Sure we've got an exciting squad but every season people have been mostly happy with the list before the seasons start. Last season is a good example, everyone was predicting top four for us and then looked what happened.

JVS has had two and half season's at the helm of this club and a stint in Mexico and has achieved almost nothing except developing a few youth players.

We still haven't beaten an A-League team in preseason, lost to Sydney in the cup and have a very questionable defence and goal keepers. The whole thing just stinks of the old heart. We're always dominanting play but never putting the ball away.

I feel like Villa will be a flop as well. Easily the most talented player in the league but he clearly doesn't give a fuck and will come to us unfit and unmotivated. Will score 4 goals max imo.

I just feel like I've seen this all before.

7th for me with JVS getting sacked at the end of the season.

• Like 4

I honestly think we'll be quite average. I'm predicting a bottom four finish as I really don't see what's changed in the on field department.

Sure we've got an exciting squad but every season people have been mostly happy with the list before the seasons start. Last season is a good example, everyone was predicting top four for us and then looked what happened.

JVS has had two and half season's at the helm of this club and a stint in Mexico and has achieved almost nothing except developing a few youth players.

We still haven't beaten an A-League team in preseason, lost to Sydney in the cup and have a very questionable defence and goal keepers. The whole thing just stinks of the old heart. We're always dominanting play but never putting the ball away.

I feel like Villa will be a flop as well. Easily the most talented player in the league but he clearly doesn't give a fuck and will come to us unfit and unmotivated. Will score 4 goals max imo.

scary and convincing...

You don't see what's changed on-field?

2013/2014 Vs 2014/15

John Aloisi Vs John van 't Schip

Long balls Vs Posession football

Two defensive mids Vs One defensive mid

Mifsud & Macallister Vs Villa & Kennedy (all for half a season).

No Back-up strikers Vs Duff & Marino

Only Hoff right back VS Hoffman, Germano & Archibald

Only Aziz at left back Vs King/VISA player/Garuccio(?)

Mass & Retre as DM Vs Paartalu, Murdocca & Retre

The only thing that has stayed the same as last season is our centre backs and goal keeper.

The only thing that may be better last season than this season is our Marquee Player, which is still too early to call.

Agree with everything, but we'll scrape into the 6

I don't think that's right. I'm sure as soon he steps past that white line, you'll see someone as eager as to put goals away....

Finishing position on the ladder?
5th

How far into the finals we will go?

second week

Player most likely to fall away and end up not being used at all which we can call doing a Mifsud.
I hate to say it coz i do like the bloke but Mass

Player of the year?
Partaluu

Young player most likely to break into the starting 11 / best young player?
Retre

Players who will get released (not resigned/cut) either by seasons end or Jan transfer window?
Ramsey, Redmayne, Mass

scary and convincing...

Mitchell, we drew one all with Sydney in cup.....game went to penalties (apologies forgot we actually got shafted by two penalties in extra time) then lost..Koren and Paartalu didn't play...Duff had limited training time...i understand Sydney had players missing also but they played no better than us. Villa will be fit most likely fitter than most on our squad, do you think he has been sitting around doing nothing since the la liga season ended. His attitude towards the games will remain to be seen however i doubt CFG will appreciate him just slouching around the park. Which pre season game have we fielded a full strength starting 11? the answer none if all pre season games we had fielded a full squad then start to worry, however without seeing our full squad together how we can really judge pre season performances. I don't think we will set the world on fire but i strongly beleive we will play finals.

Edited by drewmelbcity
  • Like 2

What game went to penalties?

My apologies your right it didn't go to penalties we just got shafted by two penalties in extra time. But point being in normal game play we matched them and would have been a draw in season proper.

Can hardly call it getting shafted when they were both stonewall penalties. Caused by first 11 players (Hoff, Ramsay and Wielaart)

My apologies your right it didn't go to penalties we just got shafted by two penalties in extra time. But point being in normal game play we matched them and would have been a draw in season proper.

Can hardly call it getting shafted when they were both stonewall penalties. Caused by first 11 players (Hoff, Ramsay and Wielaart)

We are also "shafted" against CCM too. 

Edited by KSK_47

I'm not going to get too carried away

the bulk of our squad is the same as the one which finished last in the previous season

that said , 4 pretty good signings

Duff

Koren

Mooy

Paartaluu

I've said for a long time, until we have a quality Keeper, CB , CM & CF, we can't really challenge

at the moment we only have one of those, if fact 3 quality CM in Koren Mooy and Paartaluu

mid table at best

I still reckon Mooy will be the player of the year

You don't see what's changed on-field?

2013/2014 Vs 2014/15

John Aloisi Vs John van 't Schip

Long balls Vs Posession football

Two defensive mids Vs One defensive mid

Mifsud & Macallister Vs Villa & Kennedy (all for half a season).

No Back-up strikers Vs Duff & Marino

Only Hoff right back VS Hoffman, Germano & Archibald

Only Aziz at left back Vs King/VISA player/Garuccio(?)

Mass & Retre as DM Vs Paartalu, Murdocca & Retre

The only thing that has stayed the same as last season is our centre backs and goal keeper.

The only thing that may be better last season than this season is our Marquee Player, which is still too early to call.

this year we have chapman who could take wielarts position so its only the GK's that are the same

really worried about our keepers/defence.

Dont rate redders or velaphi. Not sure we will sign anyone to take the 1st choice spot so they will have to do. Just have them on rotation once they make a howler in a match.

As for our defence, worried about the lack of pace, not that its the premier league or nothing. But Wielaart, kisnorbo and Hoff arent exactly quick.

Only a true city/ heart supporter can see we got shafted

Hold on, centre backs have to be quick. Geometry of the pitch suggests that they have to cover the greatest area defensively and they are the last line of defence for counter attacks and for passes that come over the defence. Left and right fullbacks cover less of the pitch defensively and quite often they have or should have cover from one of the midfielders. Out of the two centre backs I strongly feel that it is Wielaert that has to go next season for this very reason. I agree though that we need a player in that left back position and a better keeper.