Melbourne Football

Aaron Mooy

MHFCRC

4 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

a lot of love for Mooy at the moment on the Hudders forum

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/100825/aaron-mooy?page=33

But alot of Australians are posting comments that he should be playing further forward. They are sitting on top of their League and obviously are playing exactly how their coach wants them and Mooy doing exactly what he is supposed to. 

If Mooy continues at this level Pep will be definitely looking at him sooner rather than later.  

January recall is possible. 

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

But alot of Australians are posting comments that he should be playing further forward. They are sitting on top of their League and obviously are playing exactly how their coach wants them and Mooy doing exactly what he is supposed to. 

If Mooy continues at this level Pep will be definitely looking at him sooner rather than later.  

Sure he's been highly successful so far but thinking he'll be wanted by City in January is a little far fetched isn't it? 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, HeartinHobart said:

Sure he's been highly successful so far but thinking he'll be wanted by City in January is a little far fetched isn't it? 

Maybe.  But if he continues to rack up motm and solid performances and Huddersfield remains on top who knows. 8 weeks ago I would have said it's crazy talk but it's less so now. Definitely still remote but not impossible. 

2 hours ago, Jovan said:

there is no room at City for Mooy as an AM....but in the role he is playing for Huds he's up against Delph...that seems more possible.  Maybe thats where Man City have asked Huds to play him?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Maybe.  But if he continues to rack up motm and solid performances and Huddersfield remains on top who knows. 8 weeks ago I would have said it's crazy talk but it's less so now. Definitely still remote but not impossible. 

He will stay with Huddersfield for the season for two reasons. The first one the club will want to se how he handles a full season. The second is that there is no foreign player slot open for him.

Also with Gabriel Jesus coming in January, it would mean moving two people from the current squad.

Personally, I believe he needs to do a full season where he is and hopefully help them to promotion.

10 minutes ago, Kiro Kompiro said:

there is no room at City for Mooy as an AM....but in the role he is playing for Huds he's up against Delph...that seems more possible.  Maybe thats where Man City have asked Huds to play him?

I believe he is better technically than either Delph or Fernando. I am hoping next season he will be given a chance to replace Fernando in the squad.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, silva10 said:

He will stay with Huddersfield for the season for two reasons. The first one the club will want to se how he handles a full season. The second is that there is no foreign player slot open for him.

Also with Gabriel Jesus coming in January, it would mean moving two people from the current squad.

Personally, I believe he needs to do a full season where he is and hopefully help them to promotion.

I believe he is better technically than either Delph or Fernando. I am hoping next season he will be given a chance to replace Fernando in the squad.

Mooy is home grown because of his time at Bolton.

Just now, thisphantomfortress said:

Mooy is home grown because of his time at Bolton.

I wasn't aware of that. That definitely gives him and City more options.

I still don't think anything will happen in January though, unless we have a couple of significant injuries.

Also, it would benefit him more having a full season in the Championship, where he knows he will play every game.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, silva10 said:

I wasn't aware of that. That definitely gives him and City more options.

I still don't think anything will happen in January though, unless we have a couple of significant injuries.

Also, it would benefit him more having a full season in the Championship, where he knows he will play every game.

Completely agree TBH, but I think if he wins champo player of the season Delph will have cause for concern

I don't understand the talking down of this guy at all. Been ripping teams at international level. If he was <insert soccer nation> nationality he would be playing in the Premier League now. This waiting a season to see how he handles it? Wtf is that. He is 26 and has played plenty of football. Get him in now.

2 hours ago, wombegongal said:

I don't understand the talking down of this guy at all. Been ripping teams at international level. If he was <insert soccer nation> nationality he would be playing in the Premier League now. This waiting a season to see how he handles it? Wtf is that. He is 26 and has played plenty of football. Get him in now.

He got shafted by Popovic when it was obvious to me he had class all over.  He got shafted when Burns won the Warren Medal because he wasn't playing for Victory or Sydney.  He got shafted by Postecoglou for the World Cup and then the Asian Cup because he owed Milligan.

But he CANNOT be denied..

Best thing would be for another EPL to plonk down 10 mill in January and he moves out of the City Group, because he'll be wasting his best years waiting for his chance

10 hours ago, Kiro Kompiro said:

He got shafted by Popovic when it was obvious to me he had class all over.  He got shafted when Burns won the Warren Medal because he wasn't playing for Victory or Sydney.  He got shafted by Postecoglou for the World Cup and then the Asian Cup because he owed Milligan.

But he CANNOT be denied..

Best thing would be for another EPL to plonk down 10 mill in January and he moves out of the City Group, because he'll be wasting his best years waiting for his chance

He was shafted last season, too, when the Warren went to Castro. It was quite clear that Mooy should have won, but that would have meant too many awards to City.

This is precisely the sort of thing that leads to the general distrust of FFA.

Edited by jw1739
Name correction.
  • Like 6

52 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

He was shafted last season, too, when the Warren went to Castro. It was quite clear that Mooy should have won, but that would have meant too many awards to City.

This is precisely the sort of thing that leads to the general distrust of FFA.

Castro winning was more to do with the inherently flawed 3-2-1 voting system than an FFA conspiracy. Bruno, and to a lesser extent Harry, took too many votes off him when Castro had no real competition besides when Keogh scored a few in the second half of the season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Castro winning was more to do with the inherently flawed 3-2-1 voting system than an FFA conspiracy. Bruno, and to a lesser extent Harry, took too many votes off him when Castro had no real competition besides when Keogh scored a few in the second half of the season.

This in itself is why the system is serviceable. Agree that it has flaws, but it gives a top player in decent team recognition as the driving force for that team.

It does force a Mooy to go all Dangerfield when his team is a top team tho, which is why I'm surprised with the award last season - surely it's not just me that thought Mooy was that good ...

Edited by mattyh001

On 28/09/2016 at 11:50 PM, Kiro Kompiro said:

LOL, 10mil?

ez 25mil pounds at current English prices.

Man City watching Mooy closely at Huddersfield

By Michael Huguenin

04/10/2016

Those doubting whether Mooy would ever play for Pep Guardiola's side may have to think again after the Australian's brilliant start in the Championship

Socceroos midfielder Aaron Mooy's exploits with Huddersfield Town are not being overlooked by his parent club Manchester City.

Mooy has been a critical member of Huddersfield's run to the top of the Championship table, with the 26-year-old starting all 11 of the Terriers' matches so far this season.

Huddersfield have registered eight victories and one draw in 2016-17, with Mooy quickly impressing the Championship community with his polished passing in central midfield.

Mooy signed a three-year deal with City in June but was almost immediately loaned out to Huddersfield, sparking claims from critics that he was unlikely to ever make an appearance for the Manchester-based club.

But Mooy insists he feels a part of Pep Guardiola's extended City family.

"Someone from the club calls me pretty much every week asking me how the games went," he told Goal Australia.

"Sometimes there's a scout that comes to watch the games and they always watch the clips from the games and talk about the game.

"It feels like they believe in me and they obviously want me to do well and see how far I can go."

No player has passed the ball more than Mooy this Championship season, with the Australia international having been nominated - although he didn't win - the Player of the Month award for August.

The former Melbourne City playmaker conceded he "didn't know much about the Championship" before arriving at Huddersfield and has been pleasantly surprised by how quickly he's made an impact on England's second tier.

"I probably didn't think, to be honest, I would be on top of the table [so early] but I'm still not getting carried away… there's a lot games to go," Mooy said.

The Sydney-born midfielder added: "The games, they come around very fast. So you've got a couple of days and then you're back out there again.

"So it's certainly a harder challenge for me, just the level of the game and especially with how quick the games come around, so you don't really get time to think about the game and break it down.

"You just have to get on with it."

Mooy has linked up with his Socceroos team-mates in Jeddah for the World Cup qualifier against Saudi Arabia on Thursday.

Australia will also host Japan on Tuesday as they continue their campaign to qualify for Russia 2018.

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4020/australia/2016/10/04/28155072/man-city-watching-mooy-closely-at-huddersfield

4 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Nah no way. 

I've been watching a fair bit of the MLS this off-season and it's certainly no better than the A-League imo.

Perhaps a bit more technical, but it's much slower and far less physical than the A-League

It is slow issnt it?

Oh okay. I guess I just figured it was better because they seem to get marquees like Cahill, Villa etc when they are younger than when the A-League gets them (we got Villa for 3? games whereas they get him for whole seasons etc) Cahill joined Red Bulls four years ago...

So they have better marquees but overall quality similar to A-League.

I know if I was Mooy I'd rather live and work in NYC than Huddersfield (or even that overrated city London... )

3 minutes ago, Alexxxandro said:

Oh okay. I guess I just figured it was better because they seem to get marquees like Cahill, Villa etc when they are younger than when the A-League gets them (we got Villa for 3? games whereas they get him for whole seasons etc) Cahill joined Red Bulls four years ago...

I know if I was Mooy I'd rather live and work in NYC than Huddersfield (or even that overrated city London... )

The Marquees or designated players in MLS are heaps more $ than here.

4 minutes ago, Alexxxandro said:

Probably this. Id also perhaps say that the talent pool is a bit further diluted too with 20 teams as opposed to 10 although they are allowed more international slots (its some wierd system with 160 slots over the 20 teams that are tradable). Obviously the dilution is offset somewhat by the sheer volume of population too but overall i dont think the quality is any better.

Probably worth noting that some of those marquees are the older superstars ie Pirlo, Gerrard whose best is well and truly behind them but are marquees in the true sense of the marketing term.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bt50 said:

Nah no way. 

I've been watching a fair bit of the MLS this off-season and it's certainly no better than the A-League imo.

Perhaps a bit more technical, but it's much slower and far less physical than the A-League

Pretty much what ive thought of the MLS. The passing is something ithink that stands out, but im sure if the Aleague was slower as yoyve said the passing woyld probably be the same.

39 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

Pretty much what ive thought of the MLS. The passing is something ithink that stands out, but im sure if the Aleague was slower as yoyve said the passing woyld probably be the same.

It depends really, The serie a is almost literally played at walking pace but the technical quality and tactical awareness is on another level 

Speed isn't everything in that sense 

1 hour ago, Nate said:

given Alexxxandro openly admitted he wasn't familiar with the MLS, I don't see what's wrong with what Jovan said tbh

It just seemed obvious a better resourced league would spend more on players 

24 minutes ago, Chris p said:

It depends really, The serie a is almost literally played at walking pace but the technical quality and tactical awareness is on another level 

Speed isn't everything in that sense 

It just seemed obvious a better resourced league would spend more on players 

do you understand the meaning of the word literally?

• Like 1