Melbourne Football

Golgol Mebrahtu

DutchPride

He does play them close to his chest.. But normally when I ask about a rumour that turns out to be true, he admits to being in discussion with a number of players. He flat out denied this one.

I remember him being linked to us a last (?) year? Or was it before he first signed with you guys.

Can't blame anyone for wanting out of the club to be honest... Its a job after all.

Buy in saying that... Gol goal can fuck right off... I used to be in his corner saying he needs more chances and the like but I really am over him and his shit first touches and his lack of utilising his speed.

• Like 1

Can't blame anyone for wanting out of the club to be honest... Its a job after all.

Buy in saying that... Gol goal can fuck right off... I used to be in his corner saying he needs more chances and the like but I really am over him and his shit first touches and his lack of utilising his speed.

And the fact his positioning, passing and vision wasn't the best either. Always thought he could be good but don't think he has that something too really push himself to get there.

• 2 weeks later...

It's strange that we're seemingly not looking to bring another body in with two going out. I know you've got Mauk and Garuccio who are potentially better options than the players leaving but we're still 2 lighter than we were....

I guess our hands are tied if there's no Australian players on the market seeing as we can't buy them from A-League clubs.

Once it is confirmed, can we close this thread ?

Why?  Presumably there will be things to discuss from time to time whilst he attempts to get game time at WSW.then we use the Western Sydney thread. Once a player of ours moves onto a rival club, I no longer care for them or their career.

2 strikers out in this window, - definitely need to bring in someone.  

The odds of us actually looking now have gone up with the arrival of the blue overlords.

There would be heaps of strikers available, but not heaps of Australian (or kiwi) ones who can come in and make an impact straight away.  

Once it is confirmed, can we close this thread ?

Why?  Presumably there will be things to discuss from time to time whilst he attempts to get game time at WSW. then we use the Western Sydney thread. Once a player of ours moves onto a rival club, I no longer care for them or their career.

I'm not saying I care, just saying its "tidy".  But hey, whatever the IT overlords decide.

Gol Gol for me is Heart. Has potential but never really got there either from not being good enough or having the right people around to invest the time to release that potential. 

Yes it is frustrating. We made a big deal of signing him. He wasn't fit enough to play, but then when he did come in he had a very good strike ratio goals/games. And then just faded away.

Over the seasons we really have signed a lot of players who have not come up to the mark.

• Like 1

Could be WSW version of Mifsud?  He was injured, he has a cracking strike but is inconsistent. If Popo turns him into a genuine, reliable striker then A/ I want Gogol swabbed and B/ ask JA to refund his salary and have it put on the slate at the Imp for one big booze-up to wash away the years of tears and frustration   :tooth:

Edited by HEARTinator
  • Like 1

But how can he be in a contractual dispute with us? Surely he's under contract, so if we want him to play he has to? Next season hasn't got anything to do with it - we've played people in the past who already knew that they weren't going to be signed for the following season.

He's just a waste of space as it is at the moment. If you don't want to play for Heart, ask for a release. Pretty simple.