Melbourne Football

Brazil 2014 WCQ

Hendo

Big 12 months coming up, the FFA need to book in as many friendlies as possible and start getting games into the likes of Rogic, Herd, Lowry, Zullo, etc. Because the bench last night had some guys who would struggle to get a kick in the German 3rd Division. Thwaite, Cornthwaite, North and co shouldn't be anywhere near a Socceroo squad, and if we take these guys to Brazil and get some injuries it'll be embarassing.

• Like 1

Lesson learnt from the qualification campaign is that we need to find some more ethnics to fast track into the first 11 if we want a repeat of 06.

Okay mate we get it now,

You are the "Big Bad Wog" you weren't at school. :up:

Far from, I just enjoy constantly posting about Anglos & Ethnics because it always gets a raise out of you without failure :up:

• Like 4

Big 12 months coming up, the FFA need to book in as many friendlies as possible and start getting games into the likes of Rogic, Herd, Lowry, Zullo, etc. Because the bench last night had some guys who would struggle to get a kick in the German 3rd Division. Thwaite, Cornthwaite, North and co shouldn't be anywhere near a Socceroo squad, and if we take these guys to Brazil and get some injuries it'll be embarassing.

Especially considering we won't have Asian Cup qualifiers to play either.

Not really that bad of a move for Holman given his predicament at Villa. A move to an Eredivisie club would've been ideal, but getting regular game time in the Arab Leagues and earning bulk dollars is better than picking splinters out of your arse every week at Villa. Really need a few of the fringe players like Herd, Ruka & co to get regular football every week this coming season if they are to stake a claim for a regular berth in the starting team.

It makes it much harder though. 

even though Langerak has done fairly well in Germany (he will probs be starting keeper in a while, but it might not be at dortmund) we have seen with Amini that it is not always a good thing. if he was still in the A-League carving it up he would've made the U20's squad (or whatever it was) but he hasnt. 

True, but Luca$, Cahill, Viduka, Skoko, Schwarzer, Farina etc. etc. started off playing for lower level Euro clubs and then stepped up. Robbie Kruse is doing the same (hopefully) at the moment and Tommy Oar looks to be coming on.

Perhaps the current batch of Aussies are not quite up to the top level, or maybe it is just easier and more profitable to go for Asia/Middle East?

Edited by Peter

Would like to see Shane Lowry, Rhys Williams and Chris Herd in the squad for Rio while I think Rukavytsya, Valeri and Leckie should be given chances to prove themselves...

I don't understand why Lowry hasn't been called up, he can play left-back and has a much stronger pedigree than McKay, he's solid central too.

Although I'd prefer him in midfield, Chris Hird can also play a LB/LWB role, either way he is versatile and ads good depth - fitness is he only issue atm.

I know a lot of pundits rate Williams, captain of 'Boro, but not sure why Holger doesn't... He missed the first half of the last campaign with injury but finished off the season strongly, with Jedinak, Bresh, Valeri and Miligan in the middle I'd have him at the back with Og (Or even Spira if he can have a solid campaign somewhere). The defensive line is lacking a fuckload of pace.

With Holman gone to the UAE, I hope Rogic can take that next step at Celtic and with the NT.

I think it would be really sad if we went to Rio with Neill, Archie, Kewell and Brosque in our squad...

Only two Australian A-League clubs not represented in the first East Asia Cup training camp 1-5 July 2013 - Heart and Sydney. Multiple representation from all the others.

Hmm. Perhaps not a good reflection on our squad?

The Squad:

Dario Vidosic (Adelaide United), Eugene Galekovic (Adelaide), Ivan Franjic (Brisbane Roar), Jade North (Brisbane), Matt Smith (Brisbane), Joshua Rose (Central Coast Mariners), Mitchell Duke (Mariners), Trent Sainsbury (Mariners), Archie Thompson (Melbourne Victory), Mark Milligan (Victory), Mitch Nichols (Victory), Nathan Coe (Victory), Craig Goodwin (Newcastle Jets), Mark Birighitti (Jets), Ruben Zadkovich (Jets), Joshua Risdon (Perth Glory), Michael Thwaite (Glory), Scott Jamieson (Glory), Aaron Mooy (Western Sydney Wanderers), Tomi Juric (Wanderers)

Zadkovich is the most lolsworthy inclusion.

Socceroos Head Coach Holger Osieck has selected 20 Australian-based players to participate in a training camp in Sydney next week (Monday 8 July – Friday 12 July 2013) as part of the Socceroos preparations for the upcoming EAFF East Asian Cup 2013 which will be played in the Korea Republic from 20-28 July.

Osieck has included four new players in the squad, in Josh Brillante, Andrew Hoole, Connor Pain, and Adam Taggart, who were all members of the Young Socceroos squad that recently competed at the FIFA U-20 World Cup in Turkey.

Joshua Rose, Joshua Risden, Scott Jamieson and Matt Smith, who attended this week's Socceroos camp on the Central Coast, have now been ommitted from the squad.

The training camp will be the last chance for players to impress Osieck before the final Socceroos squad for the EAFF East Asian Cup 2013 is named on Friday 12 July.

Training Camp Squad | Sydney | 8 – 12 July 2013

Dario VIDOSIC Adelaide United FC

Eugene GALEKOVIC Adelaide United FC

Ivan FRANJIC Brisbane Roar FC

Jade NORTH Brisbane Roar FC

Mitchell DUKE Central Coast Mariners FC

Trent SAINSBURY Central Coast Mariners FC

Archie THOMPSON Melbourne Victory FC

Mark MILLIGAN Melbourne Victory FC

Mitch NICHOLS Melbourne Victory FC

Nathan COE Melbourne Victory FC

Connor PAIN Melbourne Victory FC

Joshua BRILLIANTE Newcastle Jets FC

Andrew HOOLE Newcastle Jets FC

Adam TAGGART Newcastle Jets FC

Craig GOODWIN Newcastle Jets FC

Mark BIRIGHITTI Newcastle Jets FC

Ruben ZADKOVICH Newcastle Jets FC

Michael THWAITE Perth Glory FC

Aaron MOOY Western Sydney Wanderers FC

Tomi JURIC Western Sydney Wanderers FC

Andrew Hoole........get fucked.

Sould rename Socerroos to Soccerjets. Cannot understand Okon and now Osieck's obsession with average Jets players over average players in other side in the league. Hoole, Zadkovich, Brillante, ffs.

• Like 2

Sould rename Socerroos to Soccerjets. Cannot understand Okon and now Osieck's obsession with average Jets players over average players in other side in the league. Hoole, Zadkovich, Brillante, ffs.

and we're still hooked on ex-jet Hoffman? 

Actually, now that i think about it,  there is a strong trend of Australians in general frothing for average things and people from Newcastle... Ben Kantarovski, Silverchair, Hunter valley Ports and Mining sector, the roffman, average beaches and coffee scene... list goes on.

Actually, now that i think about it,  there is a strong trend of Australians in general frothing for average things and people from Newcastle... Ben Kantarovski, Silverchair, Hunter valley Ports and Mining sector, the roffman, average beaches and coffee scene... list goes on.

We have a saying around here:

Newy Away, never again.

• Like 2

Actually, now that i think about it, there is a strong trend of Australians in general frothing for average things and people from Newcastle... Ben Kantarovski, Silverchair, Hunter valley Ports and Mining sector, the roffman, average beaches and coffee scene... list goes on.

We have a saying around here:

Newy Away, never again.

Wowee, isn't that the truth! Although the highlight of the trip was the post game drinks at the place we stayed at.

Actually, now that i think about it, there is a strong trend of Australians in general frothing for average things and people from Newcastle... Ben Kantarovski, Silverchair, Hunter valley Ports and Mining sector, the roffman, average beaches and coffee scene... list goes on.

We have a saying around here:Newy Away, never again.Wowee, isn't that the truth! Although the highlight of the trip was the post game drinks at the place we stayed at.

Haha would love to know the story behind that...? Presume it must have been a little like Nov 2nd last year at Parramatta Stadium