Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

2nd highest revenue in the league

will break even in season 3 if all goes according to budget

How do we have the 2nd highest revenue and what's included in that? Did they state the breakdown our just said that? Find it very hard to believe. Probably takings from the gate of our two home derbies?

Also we break even if we can increase our membership to 9,000 as I understand it? Plus other factors?

Most club's will break even if all things go according to budget.

Suck a fat one C7.

"Statistics show that big name signings don't really have that great an impact on attendances"

"A significant name has to deliver on and off the pitch. Im yet to see a name that would do that"

Its funny how you people attend some public fan forum and because the board denied everything you asked them about Charisteas and other player signings, all of a sudden Im wrong. Obviously there not going to fucking tell you who they are signing and you guys sound like you trust everything they say. Might aswell give them your life saving because you trust there word. Relax Its the start of pre season. There plenty of time for player signings.I also read somewhere in this thread that the board in attendance tonight didnt know who Charisteas was. Do you really believe they didnt know who Charisteas is? LOL and no I didnt go quiet king of hearts, I just dont spend my life on these forums like you lol

Edited by christian7
  • Like 3

LOL As if. From big money transfer to the most broke club in the A League who don't want to sign any marquee.

Herald Sun editor is a Victory fan trolling the crap out of us.

Anyone care to give a break down of this article? I can't be fucked joining up to the herald suns site ATM.

Boys I was at the forum last night. No transfer targets were not discussed.

Why would they.

One question that was raised was playing some games at lakeside.

Scott Munn said that it doesnt meet A-League Standard.

Because Morwell does? Come on. The forum was a waste of time.

If they dont sign Charisteas then I cant see how membership will increase.

Won't happen.

Would probably be the biggest signing for the A-League player ability wise. Haven't seem much of him but he's 25, so just about to hit his peak as a footballer and clubs like Bayern Munich have been keeping tabs on him. Waaaay out of our league.

• Like 1

Mitch Cooper has signed with Jets according to FFT forum. Would have been handy to have. Depending on who we sign, he would have fitted into our style of play pretty easy, and commanded a decent transfer when he does sign for an overseas club.

Must say that I'm rather underjoyed by the 'major announcement' that Bolton has re-signed. Presumably so is Redmayne. I was looking forward to the latter being between the sticks next season. Hang in there Redders - your turn will come!

Edited by jw1739

Mitch Cooper has signed with Jets according to FFT forum. Would have been handy to have. Depending on who we sign, he would have fitted into our style of play pretty easy, and commanded a decent transfer when he does sign for an overseas club.

I doubt he would be, he's only signed for 2 years he'll be long gone from the jets by the time he reaches his peak

I think the jets have gone too young with their signings so far

Was at the forum last night and afterwards briefly chatted with JD.

He has spoken with Grella, suggesting the club could pay around $200K. Grella's response was 'per month?"

He has spoken with Spiranovich's agent who indicated that he is not intersested in a move to the A-League at this stage and that he is currently exploring a possible move back to Europe.

Another thing mentioned last night; Gol Gol Mehbratu will trial with the club in the pre-season.

• Like 1

Its funny how you people attend some public fan forum and because the board denied everything you asked them about Charisteas and other player signings, all of a sudden Im wrong. Obviously there not going to fucking tell you who they are signing and you guys sound like you trust everything they say. Might aswell give them your life saving because you trust there word. Relax Its the start of pre season. There plenty of time for player signings.I also read somewhere in this thread that the board in attendance tonight didnt know who Charisteas was. Do you really believe they didnt know who Charisteas is? LOL and no I didnt go quiet king of hearts, I just dont spend my life on these forums like you lol

The board denied nothing. John Didulica, the guy in charge of our signings, denied both Hernandez and Charisteas.

The reason why no-one believes a thing you're saying is because:

A. You've been wrong before and will probably be wrong again.

B. Those of us who do mention things that we've heard have been right before, actually show our faces and back up any claims we make in person.

C. Everything you say goes against everything the club has said both publicly and privately. So either you know nothing about the club or your source is full of shit.

As far as I'm concerned, you're either a terrible troll or just a kid who is getting fed lies by someone and doesn't know that they're being had.

Edited by kingawesomeness
I accidentally a word.

Won't happen.

Would probably be the biggest signing for the A-League player ability wise. Haven't seem much of him but he's 25, so just about to hit his peak as a footballer and clubs like Bayern Munich have been keeping tabs on him. Waaaay out of our league.

Only thing that would bring him to Australia is if he just wants an easy ride and not to worry about football ala Broich in a way. He is miles better than Broich and not even in the same galaxy as MH unfortunately.

Doubt we could afford his wages let along transfer fee.

And yeah many clubs in europe would be all over this guy i imagine.

Sad thing is that the general football public will believe stories like this and when we dont sign a player from a big European league they will be disapointed

LOL As if. From big money transfer to the most broke club in the A League who don't want to sign any marquee.

Herald Sun editor is a Victory fan trolling the crap out of us.

wouldnt be surprised..... hard to make any signing look great after being linked like that

Only thing that would bring him to Australia is if he just wants an easy ride and not to worry about football ala Broich in a way. He is miles better than Broich and not even in the same galaxy as MH unfortunately.

Doubt we could afford his wages let along transfer fee.

And yeah many clubs in europe would be all over this guy i imagine.

Sad thing is that the general football public will believe stories like this and when we dont sign a player from a big European league they will be disapointed

Ahhhhhhhhh. But wouldn't it be nice :rolleyes:

I love it how everyone has got real mad at people for suggesting something that hasn't happened.

Guys. It's only May. That was only a forum last night. Not the official announcement to our squad. Of course they aren't going to tell you everything. As everything hasn't been fully worked out yet!

Serious trolling by JD and SM if they told people they didn't know who Charisteas was.

Ok so what we know is that the ITW opens in June. And we play our first game in October. Everyone is on a break from HQ now.

So if we don't have any signings by 2 months. Then start to worry.

Enough of the hatred. It's getting so annoying reading people personally attack others cos something didn't happen yet.

I asked SM if we were signing Charisteas. He said who's that? Then he turned around to JD and asked him who it was and JD knew and told him. Not sure what that shows, but SM didn't seem to be 'pretending' that he didn't know who Charisteas was and if he was, he's a pretty good actor! Plus I just can't see him lying straight to our faces. Just my opinion.

I asked SM if we were signing Charisteas. He said who's that? Then he turned around to JD and asked him who it was and JD knew and told him. Not sure what that shows, but SM didn't seem to be 'pretending' that he didn't know who Charisteas was and if he was, he's a pretty good actor! Plus I just can't see him lying straight to our faces. Just my opinion.

Neither SM nor JD are going to confirm they have signed a player..."but please promise not to tell anyone else". The fact that SM seemed to not know who Charisteas was makes me think that maybe he has already been signed. If he has been reading these forums he would know the name and if he didn't then maybe he shouldn't be in the role he is at the club. Any annoucements surely must occur when Aloisi returns back from Europe.

• Like 1

At yesterdays Members Fan Forum, Football Operations Manager John Didulica highlighted the clubs master plan heading into season 2012/13.

mhfc-master-plan.jpg

Didulica said it would look to head into next season with a squad of 20 players, stating it was currently in the market for 5 new players (6 with the pending departure of Eli Babalj).

The biggest priority for Didulica is an imposing defensive midfielder who can break up play and control and setup from middle. Also on the wish list is an experienced center-half, a goal scoring attacking midfielder and two more attacking players.

To fill one of these positions Didulica confirmed the clubs interests in exiled former Gold Coast winger Golgol Mebrathu.

“Golgol Mebrahtu will come here on trial in June, with the intention of becoming a Melbourne Heart player.”

“We are in the box seat for his signature… but he has a couple of injury niggles that need sorting.

“Hopefully he can live up to his name”, he joked.

Whilst on the topic of signings, Munn dashed the chances of signing a Marquee player, saying it was unlikely the club would splurge on a big name.

“A significant name has to deliver on and off the pitch. I’m yet to see a name that would do that”

“We’re not going to be a circus. It’s a balancing act and football priority has to come first,” he added.

http://mhfcindex.com/weekly-transfer-wrap-up-may-26/

If scott munn doesn't know who charisteas is then he should by the CEO FULL STOP.

He is just arrogant.

Van Schipt wanted to bring Charisteas 12 months ago so I say he knows him pretty well.

Scott Munn doesn't sign players nor make squad decisions. If he didn't know who he was at this stage it would really worry me. If he was in our squad and didn't know then that would be perturbing.

I don't troll. I wouldn't waste my time doing that. You guys are doubting my predictions but looking at LR9s photo he uploaded on the squad for next season is almost perfect to what I have predicted

Cb will be the Spanish guy

Defensive midfielder will be grella

And the two attackers will be Hernandez and charisteas.

• Like 1

I don't troll. I wouldn't waste my time doing that. You guys are doubting my predictions but looking at LR9s photo he uploaded on the squad for next season is almost perfect to what I have predicted

OK this time I have to draw the line, the club will not sign hernandez, grella, charisteas and this Spanish CB when they are budgeting to break even this season. Even 3 of those is stretching it.

You sir are a Troll. And I will RE-QUOTE this post as soon as we sign a SINGLE PERSON that isn't one of these people you have listed.

And I mean that....

We could sign 3 of the 4 you have mentioned (which we wont FYI) and then the 4th be different and I will still remind you of this post you have made...

Also, a some-what brilliant idea from someone this evening who attended the FFDU Awards after party... If Gol Gol Mebrahtu is to learn to actually score goals... perhaps he should just change his name to Gol Mebrahtu? lolz