Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

Hernandez Grella & Charisteas? get them now. Top 2 finish coming up.....

Save Money on Grella, Re-sign Srhoj!

Wouldn't object to picking up Hernandez but if he's the biggest signing we make in this off season I'd be annoyed.

Need a name player that's not associated with victory such as Charisteas.

"Our priority is to sign a defensive midfielder and once we do we'll be red-hot on finding a quality attacker," Didulica said.

I am almost certain he is talking about Grella and Charisteas

if we sign hernandez wouldn't he be the "quality attacker" didulica is talking about which means we won't sign charisteas? or is hernandez not included in the defensive midfielder and attacker that we're looking for?

possible 4-4-2 formation next season?

.................................Bolton..........................

Marrone.......Colosimo.....Good..........Behich

..............................New DM............................

Dugandzic................................................Fred

.............................Hernandez...........................

..................Charisteas...........Babalj...................

Bench: Redmayne, Germano, Hamill, Thompson/Mebrahtu

The only thing Flores has on his side compared top Carlos is age.

Simply ATM Carlos is a better player all the stats of their respective A League stints back this up.

Personally I have no problem with picking up good older players, TBH I actually think is good recruiting.

It just means we know where the League stands in the grand scheme of things.

ATM we have too many players in our squad that we know are not going to around forever such is their talent and age. So having some good elder performers other than just Fred who are past the age of aspirations of playing in a bigger league are good to have around the club.

Edited by cadete

We don't need Flores

Flores > Hernandez.

Every day of the week.

Plus he was never a Tard.

FWIW, re-read the article. JD spoke to him, Carlos left for Costa Rica, we never put in an offer. "We won't break the bank". This doesn't lean towards him being signed, this leans towards "we had a chat". Might I remind you that we "had a chat" to Ronaldo and Kewell?

Carlos is 30, Flores is 26. Why we didn't keep Sarkies is beyond me, he was great when he played. He provided top class free kicks, he is still relatively young and didn't demand ridiculous wages. The only downside was that he had a tedency to go missing and was injury prone. Despite that, given some game time he would of been a solid choice.

Edited by Attila

Flores > Hernandez.

Every day of the week.

Plus he was never a Tard.

FWIW, re-read the article. JD spoke to him, Carlos left for Costa Rica, we never put in an offer. "We won't break the bank". This doesn't lean towards him being signed, this leans towards "we had a chat". Might I remind you that we "had a chat" to Ronaldo and Kewell?

Do you live at MHFC HQ?

Carlos is 30, Flores is 26. Why we didn't keep Sarkies is beyond me, he was great when he played. He provided top class free kicks, he is still relatively young and didn't demand ridiculous wages. The only downside was that he had a tedency to go missing and was injury prone. Despite that, given some game time he would of been a solid choice.

Sarkies was delisted because he was not up to A League standard.

If he was seriously the player that has been described in this thread over the past few pages another club would have pounced by now.

Yet that have not.

As nice as that line up would be, Heart fan, our biggest problem is yet to be addressed - we have no CB to partner Hamill/Good.

I'm starting to think that Colosimo will stay with us next season and partner Hamill/Good, and if colosimo gets injured, i'd expect the new DM to cover and partner hamill or good at the back

Sarkies was delisted because he was not up to A League standard.

If he was seriously the player that has been described in this thread over the past few pages another club would have pounced by now.

Yet that have not.

He didn't play many games due to injury and other players in his position etc.. But when he did play he did something no one else could, he could actually take a set piece ;)

It may just be me over hyping him, but he provided qualities that no other player on the pitch could, and when he did play he was either scoring or providing.

The pinpoint moment was Sarkies was out of favour from me personally was that miss late on in the derby that no one should be hitting that far over the bar from 18 yards.

I agree with cadete, his workmanship wasn't A-League standard & he was just out of time too often.

He didn't play many games due to injury and other players in his position etc.. But when he did play he did something no one else could, he could actually take a set piece ;)

It may just be me over hyping him, but he provided qualities that no other player on the pitch could, and when he did play he was either scoring or providing.

He actually played a fair few games in the NYL side...

Sarkies is one of those players who I think is a star at State Level but not up to standard of A League in the consistency of his performances, I see these guys in the VPL most weeks and their AFL equivalents in the VFA every week.

He is certainly not the Number 10 we need like a Carlos or Flores (But I agree with Dutch Flores will only being going to Adel Utd if he comes back to the A League).

Edited by cadete

Gives us something to talk about during the off-season...which is far too bloody long...wish we had a Heart team playing in some competition somehow...so it's all kite-flying really. Didulica and the coaches talk to/are contacted by scores of players' agents during a year especially now as players are being delisted all over the place and others are looking for a move somewhere better than where they are.

On Sarkies...rather like Taseski IMO he was unlucky to be delisted. However, if you sit down and analyse things, our dead-ball plays - frees and corners - were woeful for the past two seasons. All completely predictable. Seemingly Sibon has been the only player who could consistently keep the ball under the crossbar and give the 'keeper some work to do. IMO it was something that it seemed our coaches paid no attention too.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

The only thing Flores has on his side compared top Carlos is age.

Simply ATM Carlos is a better player all the stats of their respective A League stints back this up.

Wow, surely you're havin a laugh?

Dutch is right, though - very unlikely that he'd even considering going anywhere other than Adelaide.

Edited by Ellki

No I honestly think that at his best Carlos is still a slightly better player than Flores, obviously Carlos in only getting older and sooner or later this will change...

It does not matter anyway, if we are going to discuss Flores we may as well discuss Messi - As his not ever going to come to MH.

micheal owen anyone?

According to Wikipedia, he's a free agent as of YESTERDAY - maybe he should come and experience a Melbourne summer and the relaxed Aussie lifestyle ;)

On 17th May 2012 he was released by Manchester United as he was not offered a new contract and thus Owen is now a free agent.

Was thinking about Owen yesterday...

Don't think he'd really be interested in coming here, but I certainly wouldn't object.

he has stated that if he is to continue playing it would only be in the top flight. if he isnt willing to play championship football there is no chance of him coming to Australia.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/9272587/Michael-Owen-Manchester-United-have-let-me-go-but-I-will-continue-playing...-just-not-in-the-Championship.html

The pinpoint moment was Sarkies was out of favour from me personally was that miss late on in the derby that no one should be hitting that far over the bar from 18 yards.

Just re-watched this and got pissed off. He probably hit the ball higher than 18yd, couldn't have missed by more.

What's equally annoying is that Williams had just (after an entire season) finally used his pace to dominate Fabio and make a perfect goalscoring opportunity.

/off-topic

lol @ people saying $250k is too much for Hernandez. I'm usually the one around here thats advocating a more conservative approach in our spending, but in this case I think $250k for Hernandez is fine. You dont get players of his quality for less, and there are far worse players on comparable salary in this league.

Also not sure he will be a visa player, he has been here long enough to get permanent residency at the least.

Edited by Tesla

I like Sarkies.

He was a great role model for our children playing in the NYL without complaint and setting an example for the younger players. He also served the club doing PR at tramstops etc. Also a nice bloke at the open day. I think the injury the season before last knocked him around a fair bit but he looked good when he came in last season when we went through that poor patch and he scored and set up goals.

As he was only injured for a few weeks last season (less than Fred and Simon) I thought he would have been good for a 1 year extension to see if he could crack the first team.

Just re-watched this and got pissed off. He probably hit the ball higher than 18yd, couldn't have missed by more.

What's equally annoying is that Williams had just (after an entire season) finally used his pace to dominate Fabio and make a perfect goalscoring opportunity.

/off-topic

I keep thinking what could have been if babalj was there instead of sarkies