Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

well our club has always released players from their contracts if they say they want to leave. Western Sydney have a full roster and full salary cap to work with, so if they offer, for example Brendan Hamill double his wages, a player like him might consider a move there.

Won't happen. We only release non-required players. Heff was going to be backup to Aziz, so we released him. Beauchamp was always going to sit behind the Colosimo/Thompson backline and be challenging Hamill for a spot, so we released him. Zahra was not going to be a starting player next season and would be fighting for bench time, so we released him.

We DIDN'T release Colosimo when the Mongs came calling because he was a required player.

Nuff said.

• Like 1

I can forgive the signing of Dugandzic and Behich- they are local lads... but...

(I am probably going to get shot down for this, but eh...) TBH I was pretty embarrassed when we signed Fred. He is a fantastic player dont get me wrong, but we go out saying "we are going to forge our own name" and insist we are not trying to poach Victory fans, etc but then sign someone who was a massive part of Victory's success? Then to back that up with signing Hernandez (someone who has scored against us in the derby) would just sickening personally.

Surely we can find our own gems.

Honestly, only thing that bothered me about signing Fred was that he was made captain. Apart from that, in general, it doesnt really bother me too much if they are ex-Victory players as long as they play well here. Though there would be some exceptions to this.

Honestly, only thing that bothered me about signing Fred was that he was made captain. Apart from that, in general, it doesnt really bother me too much if they are ex-Victory players as long as they play well here. Though there would be some exceptions to this.

I agree.

IMO Bolton should've been made captain for the past season.

Then Fred should've been given it for next year.

Fred is a great captain, and i like the way he leads the way with actions rather than words. but being captain at your first year at the club is a bit strange...

Edited by nicotera5

I can forgive the signing of Dugandzic and Behich- they are local lads... but...

(I am probably going to get shot down for this, but eh...) TBH I was pretty embarrassed when we signed Fred. He is a fantastic player dont get me wrong, but we go out saying "we are going to forge our own name" and insist we are not trying to poach Victory fans, etc but then sign someone who was a massive part of Victory's success? Then to back that up with signing Hernandez (someone who has scored against us in the derby) would just sickening personally.

Surely we can find our own gems.

No, I won't shoot you down. I thought that Fred's signing had the appearance of us being new kids on the block, not having any useful contacts and therefore using Victory's previous player lists to find someone to play for us...yes, he's a good player, but have we got value out of him?...possibly not so far considering his injuries last season. Definitely a mistake to make him captain, because that simply intensified the spat between JvS and Colosimo, and probably meant that we didn't get the best out of Simon either.

I thought making Fred captain was wrong at the time, but I was wrong. Watching him play, I thought he was the clear standout for influence and leadership. And he was recognised by his peers as the best player in the league*. The captaincy decision probably should've been handled better, but in the end it was absolutely the right decision.

We'll develop our own champions over time. But you can't question any of Behich, Fred or Dugandzic as smart pick ups. All great value for what we've paid for them.

*Edit: I meant captain of PFA team of the year.

Edited by Sash

Well that's almost all of the decent A-league talent gone, now we're competing with west Sydney who have 23 places to fill

That's OK. It leaves us room to sign all the blokes suggested previously. Christeas, Grella, Bresciano and a CB from the German 2nd division.

Should have a good side.

In reply to a somewhat anguished tweet about our lack of signings, John Didulica has replied 'Patience...season does not start for 4+ months. Redmayne joins soon and we'll have 4 or 5 to announce as we get closer.'

So, as expected, we're not going to rush things.

(Also posted in the Twitter thread.)

Well I would hope they learn from mistakes in the past and try and have all players on deck by the start of pre-season training. Publicity is all well and good for a short term interest hike, but sustained performance on the park will give us the long term boost they are looking for.

Right now it feels like we are going into next season with the current squad.

wouldn't mind picking up shannon cole who has just been released from sydney. Apparently he was on a very cheap wage at sydney so he shouldn't be asking for too much, and is a handy wingback/winger to have in the squad. Still at a fairly young age as well

Edited by heart_fan10

We dont play with Wing Backs...

If we did Aziz would be such a more effective player than he currently is able to be (In the top 10 to 20 in the league IMO).

Aziz is technically a wing back in our current formation, under JVS he had the full license to attack, providing the extra width. In regards to S.Cole although I do like him, the money is better of elsewhere unless he is willing to take a massive pay-cut to ride the pine, in backup of Marrone.

Also don't need Hernandez ffs, we can produce our own heroes.

• Like 2

Have it on good word Alex Terra and Carlos Hernandez are taking their young families to the West of Sydney.... Good move for both of them.

Also have heard we are deep in conversations with a guy from the Eredivise and another guy from a recently relegated Bundesliga team.

Sauce will remain tabasco.

Edited by marteaux

Have it on good word Alex Terra and Carlos Hernandez are taking their young families to the West of Sydney.... Good move for both of them.

Also have heard we are deep in conversations with a guy from the Eredivise and another guy from a recently relegated Bundesliga team.

inb4 Rukavytsya

FUCK quick bastard you are elki

Edited by NuggetsMcGreggor
  • Like 1

Aziz is technically a wing back in our current formation, under JVS he had the full license to attack, providing the extra width. In regards to S.Cole although I do like him, the money is better of elsewhere unless he is willing to take a massive pay-cut to ride the pine, in backup of Marrone.

Also don't need Hernandez ffs, we can produce our own heroes.

The point is we have Aziz so we dont need Cole...

And are backline is not strong enough to support Aziz playing like a WB, his lack of defensive ability is his major downfall and cost us important goals last year.

If JVS had paid more attention to our defence we would have had a Home Final.

Edited by cadete

This must be the same West of Sydney that is the third-tier German club that someone had Terra signed up to about a month ago...

This must be the same West of Sydney that is the third-tier German club that someone had Terra signed up to about a month ago...

which is true?

Remember reading on this forum ages ago about Terra to Germany... not too sure though

IMO we should sign Cooper before thinking about Cole, hes a much better player, with a lot more potential.

• Like 1

Personally I am open to the Hernandez idea if it does not cost too much, the guy can play and his Free Kick ability would have def given us a Home Final last season.

His also been a fairly good player in Derbies...

• Like 1

Personally I am open to the Hernandez idea if it does not cost too much, the guy can play and his Free Kick ability would have def given us a Home Final last season.

His also been a fairly good player in Derbies...

Aside from wage demands. Think we need to consider his weight and his attitude also. I rarely see him chasing the ball when he loses it, has so much more potential. Infact I recall his traits were rubbing off on that young player named Jeggo.

Aside from wage demands. Think we need to consider his weight and his attitude also. I rarely see him chasing the ball when he loses it, has so much more potential. Infact I recall his traits were rubbing off on that young player named Jeggo.

however, from what ive seen, hes also been shown how to shoot like Hernandez.

IMO, we were lacking a midfielder who can do this from deep in the park. fred sits back a bit more than an Attacking Midfielder would usually do, largely because he doesnt have that powerful of a shot.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/soccer/melbourne-heart-talks-to-carlos-hernandez/story-e6frfg8x-1226359345371

article:

MELBOURNE Heart could launch an audacious bid for Carlos Hernandez after he was released by Victory.

Heart football operations manager John Didulica spoke to Hernandez before he returned to Costa Rica to float the idea of a switch. No deal has been offered by Victory's cross-town rivals.

Three visa spots are available after Alex Terra, Rutger Worm and Maycon were dumped, but new coach John Aloisi's priority is a quality international defensive midfielder.

A goalscoring, attacking midfielder is a close second so an offer could be tabled to Hernandez, whose Victory contract expired on April 30.

The 30-year-old scored 10 goals last season, taking his A-League tally to 36 in 122 games.

Heart would need to offer Hernandez in excess of $250,000, which would make him the club's highest paid player.

"Our priority is to sign a defensive midfielder and once we do we'll be red-hot on finding a quality attacker," Didulica said.

"We've shown that by bringing young players through we can have an exciting team, so we won't break the bank.

"But we're looking for a guy who can score goals"

• Like 1

I was iffie about getting Fred and look how that turned out so I will keep my mouth shut about this. Still pretty embarrassing though :( we are going to cop so much shit if we sign him, if we win it will all be worth it though.

Edited by Huzie

Weight Problems?

Only matters if you are shite like Williams.

Carlos weight has never had a impact on him from doing what he does best before.

FFS Gazza had weight problems – Still the best match winner I ever saw...

This our chance of having a real genuine Free Kick Taker, Goal Scoring Midfielder and proper Long Range Shooter...

• Like 1

I was iffie about getting Fred and look how that turned out so I will keep my mouth shut about this. Still pretty embarrassing though :( we are going to cop so much shit if we sign him, if we win it will all be worth it though.

Don't worry.

A bloke at work supports the others and is heart broken (pun perhaps intended) that Carlos has been let go.

If you cop it from that lots supporters, simply turn defence into attack. Just like OUR Carlos.