Melbourne Football

Sack Vidmar

TheStig

Somebody who may be considered is Super Dario. What do we think about how he's gone with the Girls. Considering he's got them to win the plate and after a season with some upheaval with losing players to os, to national teams, and long term injuries, he's done quite a good job. Haven't really seen how he goes about it. However his pressers seem ok

12 hours ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Are you hinting that he's "sick" but the club has let him go? Or hinting at something else?

Not really hinting at anything just pointing out it’s pretty weird/unusual and thus is going to invite speculation, especially given (at least for me) the complete lack of publicity about something that has hurt us at a crucial time.  I presume it’s just a privacy thing in reality. 

7 hours ago, D.B. Cooper said:

Not really hinting at anything just pointing out it’s pretty weird/unusual and thus is going to invite speculation, especially given (at least for me) the complete lack of publicity about something that has hurt us at a crucial time.  I presume it’s just a privacy thing in reality. 

When Brisbane lost their coach Ben Cahn, at least they put out a statement that he was on indefinite medical leave but I don't think that CFG released any statement. I presume that he is at the Germano medical centre somewhere.

5 hours ago, NewConvert said:

When Brisbane lost their coach Ben Cahn, at least they put out a statement that he was on indefinite medical leave but I don't think that CFG released any statement. I presume that he is at the Germano medical centre somewhere.

Agree lack of statement is crap but don't want the club to lie like Brisbane have 

1 hour ago, HughJass said:

Agree lack of statement is crap but don't want the club to lie like Brisbane have 

We're not suggesting that City should lie. Merely that the club is short on meaningful information to members, and has been lacking in this respect for some while now. Always asking people to buy something, or enter a competition, or register for something, but not treating us like adults capable of interest and understanding, or, let it be said, of actually contributing meaningful opinion and ideas. 

• Like 3

On this one, I suspect we have to accept the same medical or contractual confidentiality as we'd want for ourselves. On this one I'm happy to accept that it's none of my business. Though On a personal level I'd wish him a swift recovery from whatever ails him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

On this one, I suspect we have to accept the same medical or contractual confidentiality as we'd want for ourselves. On this one I'm happy to accept that it's none of my business. Though On a personal level I'd wish him a swift recovery from whatever ails him.

Oh, agree entirely. But have we actually had a statement at all?

2 hours ago, HughJass said:

Was sacked, has had a health battle but disagreements with Kaz and the other director was the reason 

Wow.

Just checked Wikipedia and he has Thyroid cancer for which he had an operation and is unable to work. Having a long family history with cancer, I think it will be quite a while, if ever, he makes it back to work.

Edited by NewConvert
more info

37 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Not really. Hasn't he been around for a long time and worked under PK? 

He went with PK to Troyes and when PK was sacked he returned to City. His CV says that he is sports science and high performance professional rather than a football tactician, which is what you want (I would have thought) for your Manager/Head Coach.

His actual qualifications are listed here https://au.linkedin.com/in/raffaele-napoli- just scroll down a bit to see them.

I just don't understand this club sometimes. Build all these fancy facilities and then skimp on the staff inside them?

Jamo might not have the qualifications, but I would have thought that for the on-field stuff he would read the play a lot better than Napoli. No-one could doubt Jamo's intensity and will-to-win. Maybe he is the lead on the actual bench itself but Napoli is listed as the Coach?

2 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

Even if we do win the gf I don't want him. I'm not going through this shit every season!

Unless we appoint someone really decent then it'll just be different shit. It beggars believe that somewhere in the CFG monolith there isn't a decent coach who could come here and really make a difference and give the squad the lift that the club needs. Instead of relying on a phone call to someone you knew somewhere else....

• Thanks 1