Melbourne Football

The positive thread

Jovan

15 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Our losses have been by no more than a 1 goal difference. We are a small percentage of an improved performance away from being near top of the ladder. A better manager would bridge that gap easily. 

Should be in the negative thread. Knowing that the problem is so easy to fix. CFG asleep at the Melbourne wheel.

18 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Should be in the negative thread. Knowing that the problem is so easy to fix. CFG asleep at the Melbourne wheel.

Don't worry I thought about copying and pasting the same comment into both the positive and negative thread. Depends on how you look at it. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 2

It's been a bit of an expectation that we would win the title, at least by this season. As frustrating as it is that in all probability we won't win it again a small part of me doesn't mind. For our first three seasons a small part of me felt that the title would come our way simply because of all the resources etc. CFG have put in. And tbh it has taken a bit of the excitement away from the last few seasons in a small way. This season has shown that the club can do everything in its power to win the title but it doesn't garuntee you will. 

So my positive is in the event that we do win the championship it will feel more deserved than should we have won it by now.

Looking forward to that moment when/if we do. 

• Like 6

23 hours ago, n i k o said:

It's been a bit of an expectation that we would win the title, at least by this season. As frustrating as it is that in all probability we won't win it again a small part of me doesn't mind. For our first three seasons a small part of me felt that the title would come our way simply because of all the resources etc. CFG have put in. And tbh it has taken a bit of the excitement away from the last few seasons in a small way. This season has shown that the club can do everything in its power to win the title but it doesn't garuntee you will. 

So my positive is in the event that we do win the championship it will feel more deserved than should we have won it by now.

Looking forward to that moment when/if we do. 

Calling it now: Championship is ours. Green line in advance thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

We're still third on the ladder!

But we're the worst 3rd placed team i've ever seen

Brings up an interesting question. Would our team in the second season when we got as high as 2nd at the end of December beat this team? Probably the way it was playing in December but not January...

Corners.

In recent weeks we have looked very dangerous from corners. Colazo and Brattan have whipped in some pretty decent balls of late and Timmy Jakobsen and Malik/Ruon pose genuine threats.

The first goal was well orchestrated and deserves praise. 

It's easy to pot the team players and coaches for everything they have dished up since the cup but credit should also be given when it's due.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Corners.

In recent weeks we have looked very dangerous from corners. Colazo and Brattan have whipped in some pretty decent balls of late and Timmy Jakobsen and Malik/Ruon pose genuine threats.

The first goal was well orchestrated and deserves praise. 

It's easy to pot the team players and coaches for everything they have dished up since the cup but credit should also be given when it's due.

IMO mainly due to Colazo. A left-footer who knows how to take an in-swinger.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...