Melbourne Football

Historic First Home Final. vs. Perth. Sun 17 Apr, 5.00 pm, AAMI Park

jw1739

39 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Think you might be surprised re attendance. All signs at this stage pointing to 15-16k with the top deck open.

Melburnians do love a final after all.

I hope so, just saying I won't be suprised when the official attendances says 12,XXX. I guess what I'm saying is I'm setting myself up to be surprised more than anything else. 

6 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I hope so, just saying I won't be suprised when the official attendances says 12,XXX. I guess what I'm saying is I'm setting myself up to be surprised more than anything else. 

Haha I wont be surprised if that happens either, but certainly the noises I'm hearing are that it will go close to breaking that Newcastle record.

Tbh the hype of it selling well actually makes it sell well. People are more inclined to rush out and buy tickets if they think there'll be a big crowd, because for some reason the Melbourne psyche is that bigger crowd = better atmosphere = better experience. I like to think of it as a citywide, deep seated fear of missing out when it comes to sporting moments in Melbourne.

42 minutes ago, alvinng said:

More plot twists. I bought the tickets with Ticketek on Monday for my wife and myself.

Got a call to my wife from someone from FFA on Tuesday morning asking her if her ticket issues has been sorted out. This is surprising considering she called the club on Monday morning when we couldn't use our passwords on Ticketek and left a voicemail with the club. Was expecting City to call back, not FFA from a number in Sydney.

Wife told the lady on the phone we managed to get the tickets sorted out ourselves so all good.

PDF tickets hasn't arrived, Ticketek and City not responding on Twitter or DM, called Ticketek number for the past hour and couldn't get through. Remembered the call wife got from FFA and got her to call the lady back and lo and behold, lady told us she could see our tickets and "the rollover to send out the tickets hasn't happened", whatever that means.

FFA lady called Ticketek while my wife is on the phone with her and only managed to leave a voicemail message.

So basically tickets are sitting in purgatory waiting for some "rollover" to be sent out. Why? I don't know.

The pursuit for my PDF tickets continues. 

Fuck Ticketek.

Hmm wonder if this is similar to what ticketek told me above...

Hope we get them soon, but i still have a nagging feeling that they allocated our seats after the member sale expired and are now backtracking. ..

Just now, rass said:

Hmm wonder if this is similar to what ticketek told me above...

Hope we get them soon, but i still have a nagging feeling that they allocated our seats after the member sale expired and are now backtracking. ..

The ticket purchase disappearing from my transaction history on the Ticketek My Account section is very suspicious. 

30 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

Inb4, "I'm surprised they allowed those two scarves' red sides to be shown"

Well considering in the past they have gone to the trouble of removing the heart logo from merch worn by people in the crowd in their advertising campaigns it does send mixed signals about their attitude towards the club's pre takeover existence

Just got a call from ticketek.

Them:
"The seats you've purchased to the game on Sunday belong to a seasoned ticket holder. We will have to relocate you for the game."

Me:
"Umm.. I'm a season ticket holder as well and I purchased those seats because they were available and I wanted to buy additional seats either side so I could sit with my friends who are coming. If I can't have those seats can I instead have the ones I have had booked all year?"

Them:
"No sorry those seats are unavailable as they have been sold..."

Me:
"You're kidding right?"

2 minutes ago, recyclosaurusrex said:

Them:
"The seats you've purchased to the game on Sunday belong to a seasoned ticket holder. We will have to relocate you for the game."

That doesn't sound right. Didn't they hold it till Monday night and if the reserved seat season ticket holder doesn't purchase their own seat, it's up for grabs for anyone that wants it?

When did you purchase your tickets?

9 minutes ago, recyclosaurusrex said:

Them:

Me:
"Umm.. I'm a season ticket holder as well and I purchased those seats because they were available and I wanted to buy additional seats either side so I could sit with my friends who are coming. If I can't have those seats can I instead have the ones I have had booked all year?"

Them:

Me:
"You're kidding right?"

That is beyond stupid. Have they relocated you to good seats at least?

Edited by hakz7

1 hour ago, KSK_47 said:

Well considering in the past they have gone to the trouble of removing the heart logo from merch worn by people in the crowd in their advertising campaigns it does send mixed signals about their attitude towards the club's pre takeover existence

They don't want red. No doubt about it and I don't think there's mixed messages about that fact. They ultimately want sky blue and if they felt they could do so without alienating even more supporters they would remove the red completely. But they know there's enough people that may not continue to be members so they keep a bit of red in there just to appease them until the time is right and there's enough success behind the club. Once there's enough success and there's enough members to replace any rusted on heart supporters to walk away will we see the sky blue fully take over. 

14 minutes ago, recyclosaurusrex said:

Them:

Me:

Them:

Me:
"You're kidding right?"

Well thats rubbish that you can't keep those seats that you've bought tickets for. Will they go to the same effort to retrieve your season ticket seats as they have for these other member? 

29 minutes ago, n i k o said:

They don't want red. No doubt about it and I don't think there's mixed messages about that fact. They ultimately want sky blue and if they felt they could do so without alienating even more supporters they would remove the red completely

This is how i read the situation too, only when all things are considered i didnt think they would give a fuck about alienating supporters as their previous actions have clearly been anti and didnt seem to give a shit about upsetting anyone. This is exactly why i was surprised to see any red in there at all.

I (perhaps mistakenly) read the tone of Hakz original and follow up comments to be that he felt like people were overreacting about city trying to stamp out the red, as though it were some crazy conspiracy. I was just pointing out that it is actually surprising when you think about it.

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Thomas SORENSEN (GK), 2.Alex WILKINSON, 3.Aaron HUGHES, 4.Connor CHAPMAN, 5.Ivan FRANJIC, 8.Aaron MOOY, 14.James BROWN, 18.Paulo RETRE, 19.Ben GARUCCIO, 20.Dean BOUZANIS (GK), 22.Jack CLISBY, 23.Bruno FORNAROLI, 24.Patrick KISNORBO, 25.Jacob MELLING, 26.Marc MARINO, 27.Nick FITZGERALD, 29.Anthony CACERES, 33.Osama MALIK

**two to be omitted**

Ins: 3.Aaron HUGHES (promoted), 14.James BROWN (promoted), 19.Ben GARUCCIO (promoted)

Outs: 9.Harry NOVILLO (suspended – 2 weeks)

Unavailable: 7.Corey GAMEIRO (knee – season), 11.Michael ZULLO (foot – season), 17.Wade DEKKER (ankle – season)

3 minutes ago, [LIBBA] said:

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Thomas SORENSEN (GK), 2.Alex WILKINSON, 3.Aaron HUGHES, 4.Connor CHAPMAN, 5.Ivan FRANJIC, 8.Aaron MOOY, 14.James BROWN, 18.Paulo RETRE, 19.Ben GARUCCIO, 20.Dean BOUZANIS (GK), 22.Jack CLISBY, 23.Bruno FORNAROLI, 24.Patrick KISNORBO, 25.Jacob MELLING, 26.Marc MARINO, 27.Nick FITZGERALD, 29.Anthony CACERES, 33.Osama MALIK

**two to be omitted**

Ins: 3.Aaron HUGHES (promoted), 14.James BROWN (promoted), 19.Ben GARUCCIO (promoted)

Outs: 9.Harry NOVILLO (suspended – 2 weeks)

Unavailable: 7.Corey GAMEIRO (knee – season), 11.Michael ZULLO (foot – season), 17.Wade DEKKER (ankle – season)

Pretty obvious that Hughes and Brown will be omitted isn't it. 

1 hour ago, alvinng said:

That doesn't sound right. Didn't they hold it till Monday night and if the reserved seat season ticket holder doesn't purchase their own seat, it's up for grabs for anyone that wants it?

When did you purchase your tickets?

I bought them Monday morning. But they weren't greyed out like all the other seats down South end that I assumed were being held. The relocated seats are directly in front of the two that I bought. They were unavailable when I picked these ones. They said that my season ticket seats were not available to me anymore. It's really stupid and frustrating.

31 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

This is how i read the situation too, only when all things are considered i didnt think they would give a fuck about alienating supporters as their previous actions have clearly been anti and didnt seem to give a shit about upsetting anyone. This is exactly why i was surprised to see any red in there at all.

I (perhaps mistakenly) read the tone of Hakz original and follow up comments to be that he felt like people were overreacting about city trying to stamp out the red, as though it were some crazy conspiracy. I was just pointing out that it is actually surprising when you think about it.

Yeah I get what your saying. But I think perhaps they weren't expecting it to be so difficult to get members. Munns projected 14k members indicated where the club thought they cou be. I think it's taken us all, the club too, by surprise a bit that we've played so well, scored so many goals and had great success at home yet barely crack 5 figures. This is my reasoning behind them holding onto the the red by a thread. 

10 minutes ago, recyclosaurusrex said:

I bought them Monday morning. But they weren't greyed out like all the other seats down South end that I assumed were being held. The relocated seats are directly in front of the two that I bought. They were unavailable when I picked these ones. They said that my season ticket seats were not available to me anymore. It's really stupid and frustrating.

Would be interesting to ask the guy sitting behind you at the game when they bought their tickets and if it's after you.

6 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Yeah I get what your saying. But I think perhaps they weren't expecting it to be so difficult to get members. Munns projected 14k members indicated where the club thought they cou be. I think it's taken us all, the club too, by surprise a bit that we've played so well, scored so many goals and had great success at home yet barely crack 5 figures. This is my reasoning behind them holding onto the the red by a thread. 

Yeah I think you are right.

1 hour ago, recyclosaurusrex said:

Them:

Me:

Them:

Me:
"You're kidding right?"

I'm sure they fukd something up on Monday and have been backtracking since.

In any case, I finally received my other three tickets. In addition to the phone call, i also raised it on their online form and showed the transaction summary receipt with the four tickets. They responded this arvo by sending out my original with a  note the others are coming - which they just did..

13 minutes ago, rass said:

I'm sure they fukd something up on Monday and have been backtracking since.

In any case, I finally received my other three tickets. In addition to the phone call, i also raised it on their online form and showed the transaction summary receipt with the four tickets. They responded this arvo by sending out my original with a  note the others are coming - which they just did..

I've been trying to call their 132 849 number all day and not once did I get through.

Their Twitter account DMed me and ask for my transaction number and date of purchase four hours ago and then I didn't hear back from them.

Their Twitter account has been sporadic with replies today as well.

Wonder what the fuck is going down at Ticketek.

Fuck I hate dealing with them so much. Ticketek and Ticketmaster are literally the spawn of devil's cum.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

Not sure how anyone could imagine that the message was mixed.  Seems pretty clear to me.

4 hours ago, n i k o said:

Back at the takeover I made various comments along the lines of "this is going to be a lot harder than these guys think".  I think the 90K for the liverpool game may have mislead these people, but as those of us who have been around a while know, the European teams attract a different crowd.  On top of that, from my experience talking to the people sitting next to me and at the airport the next morning, a lot of those 90K had flown in for the match.

Pissing off your rusted on supporters (ie testing the rust) was always a pretty stupid strategy when you wanted to grow your membership as fast as you could in a difficult market.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Back at the takeover I made various comments along the lines of "this is going to be a lot harder than these guys think".  I think the 90K for the liverpool game may have mislead these people, but as those of us who have been around a while know, the European teams attract a different crowd.  On top of that, from my experience talking to the people sitting next to me and at the airport the next morning, a lot of those 90K had flown in for the match.

Pissing off your rusted on supporters (ie testing the rust) was always a pretty stupid strategy when you wanted to grow your membership as fast as you could in a difficult market.

Well that's a big assumption to suggest CFG hinged crowd potential for Melbourne City based on a one off game that Liverpool took part in. I'd hope their research  into the Melbourne football market would be more detailed than simply seeing the total crowd figure at the top of the TV during the game. 

The reasons I stated further down in my post, to me, are more realistic reasons to predict increased membership base. Style of play, goals scored, top goal scorer, great home record etc. These are perfectly reasonable KPI's to predict potential increased number of members. 

Edited by n i k o