Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

33 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Interesting that today we've launched PR about buying tickets to individual City matches. Not sure that I understand the logic behind that.

Because tickets have only just gone on sale for matches today.

Its more aimed at away fans so they can purchase away bay tickets in advance.

17 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Could also be reverse logic. Advertise single match tickets to encourage people to save by buying a season ticket, or to buy better tickets for certain matches.

I think that's likely to be the strategy,

Put tickets on sale then offer short term memberships which present better value for money.

Edited by Embee

On 14/09/2016 at 3:28 PM, bt50 said:

Tbh that would be a pretty decent result imo.

A cup win and a good performance on Wednesday night would be bloody great for everyone really, including this forum :rolleyes: 

We'll still turn a positive into a negative dw

"We didn't win by enough"

"We won, but we still didn't play the way we want to"

"The FFA cups isn't the real season, who cares if we win?"

50 minutes ago, Deluka said:

Being so close to the start of the season, it'll be interesting to see what kind of impact on memberships the announcement of nick colazo will have. I'm tipping maybe a couple hundred in three days and then back to the usual pace

Maybe 10-20 extra made-up from the Argentinian population.
He may turn out to be the best player in the league but as of now no on knows of him and I can't see him bringing in the crowds.

Just now, Deeming said:

Maybe 10-20 extra made-up from the Argentinian population.
He may turn out to be the best player in the league but as of now no on knows of him and I can't see him bringing in the crowds.

He's one that won't bring crowds initially, but they'll start flocking to the games if we are playing like title contenders.

• Like 1

So has the Cahill signing really achieved anything?  Basically he was a free hit due to the rule change.  So after 4 weeks (?) or so can we actually see any spikes in numbers.  Interest and media activity for sure but paid up extra season ticket holders?  

If we play like dogshit on Wednesday that 15k membership number is but a dream.

57 minutes ago, Jovan said:

So has the Cahill signing really achieved anything?  Basically he was a free hit due to the rule change.  So after 4 weeks (?) or so can we actually see any spikes in numbers.  Interest and media activity for sure but paid up extra season ticket holders?  

If we play like dogshit on Wednesday that 15k membership number is but a dream.

We announced Cahill on 11th August when according to the HAL web-site our membership stood at 6,400. The daily counter did not start until 19th August, when membership was 7921.

Today we're at 8597, just over 2000 up on the same day of last season, and just over 840 up on the same day in 2014/15, the "David Villa season."

I don't think there's any obvious sustained "Cahill effect" so far other than in the first week after his signing. Rather curiously we have played matches in Townsville and Ballarat since Cahill joined, but not here in Melbourne - which seems counter-productive to using him to boost our memberships. But I don't think that was the intent from the start - he's here to boost interest in the A-League rather than us. Wednesday night may be an indicator of any local effect.

Overall IMO we are seeing the slow season-by-season growth that has been forecast previously, rather than major impacts from any single player signing so far.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Overall IMO we are seeing the slow season-by-season growth that has been forecast previously, rather than major impacts from any single player signing so far.

Which is probably sustainable growth.  I'd be more worried by a bubble from one player.  I suspect we are steadily accumulating fans who are moving over several seasons from casual to committed. 

32 minutes ago, MattN said:

Have tracked the membership a little bit after the game on Wednesday and we have got about 100 since

... until this last hour where we jumped about 400, from 8750 ish to 9153

Don't know if it's a glitch or the club has just put them in the database all in one.

Tbh I don't pay too much attention to the counter. I'm certain a leprechaun is in charge of keeping it accurate

33 minutes ago, MattN said:

Have tracked the membership a little bit after the game on Wednesday and we have got about 100 since

... until this last hour where we jumped about 400, from 8750 ish to 9153

Don't know if it's a glitch or the club has just put them in the database all in one.

Probably processed all the ones from Wednesday. Record membership incoming.

• jw1739 pinned this topic