Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

21 hours ago, jeffplz said:

14.5 i think

Season                                             13/14          14/15         15/16

Membership at end of season           7307          11759         9298

Membership at Round 1 (approx)      5900           9100          7100

Memberships at Round 1 are approximately 80% of final membership so to get to 14.5k we'd need to be at around 11,600 by Round 1 which is 6 weeks away. Hopefully that membership tent was doing a roaring trade yesterday.

55 minutes ago, HEARTinator said:

Season                                             13/14          14/15         15/16

Membership at end of season           7307          11759         9298

Membership at Round 1 (approx)      5900           9100          7100

Memberships at Round 1 are approximately 80% of final membership so to get to 14.5k we'd need to be at around 11,600 by Round 1 which is 6 weeks away. Hopefully that membership tent was doing a roaring trade yesterday.

To beat the 14/15 membership rally of approx 9100 we need over 30 a day before round one which at the current rate doesn't seem likely. Guess it balances on who else we bring in at this stage if at all. 

4 minutes ago, Hughesie27 said:

Good evening sports fans!

First of I'm a Scottish lad over here in Australia doing a spot of travelling. I arrived here with my missus last October and spent a decent chunk of the last year picking Avos for you Aussies just so I could enjoy a 2nd year down under. Melbourne is by far the best city over here and might even rival my own home town Edinburgh ;).

The worst part about being over here is missing the football back home. Staying up until the wee hours just to watch your team on a questionable WIFI connection with Nokia 3310 quality pictures just isn't the same as being there in person, really.

So with another 12 months in the bank and your "soccer" season starting in just over a month that I've decided to pick a team to follow for the year.

Guess who?

It's a very simple choice really, City obviously used to be The Heart and my team back home happens to be Heart of Midlothian FC. Tie in the fact that your former captain Paddy Kisnorbo used to wear the famous Maroon and there was absolutely "nae chance" I was going to follow the other mob.

I'm buzzing for the new season to start and provided I find a job in the coming weeks I'll be getting my season ticket in amongst the "Active Section".

Mon the City. 

Glad to have ya mate.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hughesie27 said:

First of I'm a Scottish lad over here in Australia doing a spot of travelling. I arrived here with my missus last October and spent a decent chunk of the last year picking Avos for you Aussies just so I could enjoy a 2nd year down under. Melbourne is by far the best city over here and might even rival my own home town Edinburgh ;).

The worst part about being over here is missing the football back home. Staying up until the wee hours just to watch your team on a questionable WIFI connection with Nokia 3310 quality pictures just isn't the same as being there in person, really.

So with another 12 months in the bank and your "soccer" season starting in just over a month that I've decided to pick a team to follow for the year.

Guess who?

It's a very simple choice really, City obviously used to be The Heart and my team back home happens to be Heart of Midlothian FC. Tie in the fact that your former captain Paddy Kisnorbo used to wear the famous Maroon and there was absolutely "nae chance" I was going to follow the other mob.

I'm buzzing for the new season to start and provided I find a job in the coming weeks I'll be getting my season ticket in amongst the "Active Section".

Mon the City. 

1st post and a green line! Must be the first to get a green with the first post yeah. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

Absolutely right never even noticed there where a green heart and line

I think the overuse of the "green line" line needs to stop.

My understanding of the green line is some insider knowledge and statement that actually eventuates.

Anything else is just standard forum unsubstantiated bullshit that is good for a chuckle. 

• Like 2

Thanks people.

How do A-League fans feel about your pricing structure for memberships?

Personally I find $250 entry level to be really affordable.

Back in Scotland a season ticket for Hearts (18 home games) will set you back about $600 for the cheapest seats.

We may have over 100 years of history but you guys over here really know how to market your teams, across all sports. The difference is night and day.

30 minutes ago, Jovan said:

I think the overuse of the "green line" line needs to stop.

My understanding of the green line is some insider knowledge and statement that actually eventuates.

Anything else is just standard forum unsubstantiated bullshit that is good for a chuckle. 

Agree. Or else it will be thrown in the bin with Samaras, Thursday 10am and other good inside jokes created on here. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hughesie27 said:

Thanks people.

How do A-League fans feel about your pricing structure for memberships?

Personally I find $250 entry level to be really affordable.

Back in Scotland a season ticket for Hearts (18 home games) will set you back about $600 for the cheapest seats.

We may have over 100 years of history but you guys over here really know how to market your teams, across all sports. The difference is night and day.

We still have JVS try to curb your enthusiasm could be a long year for you.

But summer soccer is the bomb. Unique and totally awesome even if your watching a shit game atleast it's not cold and miserable. Welcome aboard mate.

12 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Bitter experience with this club tells me that the only reliable source - of anything, not just memberships - is when something is published on the club web-site, which as of 24.00 last night stood at 7,836. Maybe the others are in the pipeline but the money not actually transferred into the Sportsubs/club system or not yet official for some other reason, but I can go only on the published number.

That's exactly the reason.

Perfect run down there sir.

You don't have to convince me that Heart is a better name than City, although that new away kit is somewhat of a disappointment for me. Why lose perfectly decent stripes?

Being a Jambo back home I am very much used to mediocre results. Until 2012 we played for 3rd spot every year along with the rest of the league outside the OF. The occasional Scottish Cup was like winning the Champions league. Not much has changed mind now that Rangers are going to be playing catch up with Celtic for the foreseeable future but at least we can fight out 2nd spot with them and Aberdeen.

That said we have dominated our own Edinburgh Derby for decades which is something I sincerely hope City can build on from last season.

Hearts actually have a good recent connection with the Socceroos too. Ryan McGowan is a Hearts legend and is obviously a regular in your international defence. He assisted Cahill with that peach of a cross and goal in Brazil. His wee brother Dylan was also at Hearts but ultimately couldn't step up and was let go when we went into Administration a few years back. I saw his Adelaide team destroy Brisbane in the only A league game I've been to. 

Are there any boozers near the AAMI that are decent for some prematch beers or are most fans at the ground?

17 minutes ago, Hughesie27 said:

Perfect run down there sir.

You don't have to convince me that Heart is a better name than City, although that new away kit is somewhat of a disappointment for me. Why lose perfectly decent stripes?

Being a Jambo back home I am very much used to mediocre results. Until 2012 we played for 3rd spot every year along with the rest of the league outside the OF. The occasional Scottish Cup was like winning the Champions league. Not much has changed mind now that Rangers are going to be playing catch up with Celtic for the foreseeable future but at least we can fight out 2nd spot with them and Aberdeen.

That said we have dominated our own Edinburgh Derby for decades which is something I sincerely hope City can build on from last season.

Hearts actually have a good recent connection with the Socceroos too. Ryan McGowan is a Hearts legend and is obviously a regular in your international defence. He assisted Cahill with that peach of a cross and goal in Brazil. His wee brother Dylan was also at Hearts but ultimately couldn't step up and was let go when we went into Administration a few years back. I saw his Adelaide team destroy Brisbane in the only A league game I've been to. 

Are there any boozers near the AAMI that are decent for some prematch beers or are most fans at the ground?

Yeah the old red and white stripes were gorgeous! And not exactly near AAMI Park but The Imperial on the corner of Burke and Spring St is the supporters watering hole. The active fans "The Melburnians" meet there before every home game for the march to the ground and away games people usually go there to watch.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Yeah the old red and white stripes were gorgeous! And not exactly near AAMI Park but The Imperial on the corner of Burke and Spring St is the supporters watering hole. The active fans "The Melburnians" meet there before every home game for the march to the ground and away games people usually go there to watch.

Perfect. I'll be sure to head along before the first game and try make some new acquaintances!

13 hours ago, Hughesie27 said:

Guess who?

Mon the City. 

Welcome to the forum mate.

Spent a week in Edinburgh a few years back, absolutely lovely place. 

• Like 1

Welcome!

I'm a Kiwi who worked half a mile from Ibrox for several years in the early 2000s. 

Glad you found us.   ;-)

13 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

WELLINGTON PHOENIX:

- They're from New Zealand so they fuck sheep. Our relationship with New Zealanders is the same as the rest of Britain's relationship with Wales.

- Their supporters are actually really nice so we don't hate them that much.

You just got away with that, bro......

• Like 5

Sort of disappointing to see there are still many seats left in our active bays. The areas of seats behind the bays in "City Blue" are full (almost, sort of), presumably to soak up the atmosphere as opposed to being on the GA side of AAMI. Shame to see the Active zones not having great appeal, then again, who doesn't love a good beer shower followed by the home shirt being stained by a stray tomato sauce soaked chip from the kid behind when we score. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MattN said:

Sort of disappointing to see there are still many seats left in our active bays. The areas of seats behind the bays in "City Blue" are full (almost, sort of), presumably to soak up the atmosphere as opposed to being on the GA side of AAMI. Shame to see the Active zones not having great appeal, then again, who doesn't love a good beer shower followed by the home shirt being stained by a stray tomato sauce soaked chip from the kid behind when we score. 

Empty seats because active is full of flogs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Almost fell off my chair when I read the part about the club room.

I'm glad someone else's phone suffers this weird ghost quoting thing...

On 28/08/2016 at 10:09 PM, GreenSeater said:

You've chosen wisely, us City fans are all wonderful, kind-hearted, well-adjusted positive contributors to the society of Melbourne, and the other mob's supporters are a bunch of incestuous, dog-fucking, no-hoper, ugly, toothless shitcunts.

So welcome aboard the City bandwagon! Here's a few things you'll need to know to help you get started on the right foot:

1) Don't let the evil oil overlords of the City Football Group fool you, the colours of this club are red and white, not sky blue. Any expression of positivity towards sky blue on this forum will lead to you being called "brainwashed" or a sheep or a Melchester City supporter. Never, ever say that you think our home kit is nicer than our away kit. Talk only about having no training ground and having our players do their recovery sessions in wheelie bins and finishing second last. This era is what we call "The Glory Days".

2) Our wonderful Dutch manager John van't Schip, who you may recognise from his playing days as a member of Ajax and the Dutch national team, is awful. He is a man who despite his best efforts, cannot be sacked by the club. He was our first ever manager when the club was founded in 2008, and then a couple of years later he decided that he wanted to leave the club to return home for family reasons. "Family reasons" meant moving to Mexico to manage a club over there very poorly. Whilst he was gone he left former player and Australian football legend John Aloisi in charge. Aloisi decided that he didn't want to win a game ever, so he didn't. When he was eventually let go, our lord and savior JVS returned to lead us to glory (this has not yet happened despite having some of the best players in the history of the league).

3) Tim Cahill is the only person you will ever hear about in the news for the next few months. This is because he is the Australian equivalent of Pele. He is worshipped by the masses due to the fact his forhead is a ball magnet. Expect slightly longer than average lines for beer at AAMI Park for his first few games before it slowly returns to short lines as the crowds leave when they realise that we're shite.

4) Bruno Fornaroli is now your god. Worship him.

5) You may only live on a diet consisting of warm flat mid-strength beer from the stadium bar and sausages from the sausage stand. The sausage stand is the Melbourne City fans sacred place.

6) Try to avoid the Club Room section of the forum unless you enjoy discussing libertarian politics, the evils of each religion, and gambling.

7) We hate every other team in the A-League. There are reasons for our hatred of each individual club.

ADELAIDE:

- They are a pissant team from a pissant city. 

- They take all of our shit players that we don't want anymore and turn them into league champions somehow. 

- Stefan Mauk is the worst person alive. Worse than all of ISIS and Hitler combined.

BRISBANE:

- John Aloisi is their coach. We hate him. (See point 2)

CENTRAL COAST:

-They're shit.

- Like really really shit. 

- They have a brass band at their home games?

- Their kits are actually recycled from a 4/20 Legalise It rally.

MELBOURNE VICTORY:

- They're our arch rivals for no reason other than the fact they are based in the same city and wear a different shade of blue and white. Our derbies are a great spectacle, but this isn't exactly Celtic vs Rangers.

- Besart Berisha and Kevin Muscat are cunts. 

NEWCASTLE JETS:

- No matter how badly they've been playing, they always seem to beat us.

PERTH GLORY:

- Perth is full of bogans and wankers.

- Every time we go to Perth we lose. Every single time. 

SYDNEY FC:

- Our owners hate them because they stopped us from wearing a full sky blue kit.

- We hate them because the Football Federation of Australia is incredibly biased towards Sydney and Sydney FC is their favourite club.

WELLINGTON PHOENIX:

- They're from New Zealand so they fuck sheep. Our relationship with New Zealanders is the same as the rest of Britain's relationship with Wales.

- Their supporters are actually really nice so we don't hate them that much.

WESTERN SYDNEY WANDERERS:

- Imagine every single Green Street Hooligans wannabe ultra you have ever seen and you will be able to imagine the WSW fanbase.

- They were established several years after us and have established a much larger fan base and achieved massive success which is kind of a kick in the guts to us.

So there you have it! You are now a fully fledged Melbourne City supporter! Prepare yourself for a rollercoaster of mediocrity and disappointment coupled with the occasional joy of Bruno Fornaroli being way too good for this league. Good to have you on board my friend!

Love this whole post, but you forgot to tell the OP (to whom also welcome as a fellow escapee from the old country) about the uniquely Australian experience of the beer shower if we score in the first ten minutes before everyone has finished supping their ale.

20 minutes ago, SHERLOCK said:

Empty seats because active is full of flogs.

Nah it's because people prefer to sit on their backsides wondering why Victards are still enticing new people to join, maybe active support is what drives people to their games? Those "flogs" are what creates any atmosphere, I've been on the GA side, could hear a pin drop, perhaps you'd prefer it over there ay?

2 hours ago, MattN said:

Sort of disappointing to see there are still many seats left in our active bays. The areas of seats behind the bays in "City Blue" are full (almost, sort of), presumably to soak up the atmosphere as opposed to being on the GA side of AAMI. Shame to see the Active zones not having great appeal, then again, who doesn't love a good beer shower followed by the home shirt being stained by a stray tomato sauce soaked chip from the kid behind when we score

I think you are missing the multiple mustard stains after the numerous sausages from the sausage stand because, well ..... any one whose any one only comes for the sausage stand 😎

• jw1739 pinned this topic