Melbourne Football

That F word.

Jovan

in all seriousness, looking at the teams in the finals we tend to match up very well against Sydney, Adelaide and Brisbane. A part from a couple of weird results this season against MV we generally match up very well against them too (especially at aami which is good because etihad is pretty much ruled out as a venue for the finals). The only team that would be tough IMO is wellington away, and it's looking more like we'll be playing against them in the first week. A win there and we anything is possible really

My feeling is that we may win the first the first game but the chances of winning a second final are very slim. 

If we get past the first round, surely we'll have to start chanting the "And now you're gonna believe us (we're gonna win the league)" chant Liverpool used last season.

My feeling is that we may win the first the first game but the chances of winning a second final are very slim.

If we get past the first round, surely we'll have to start chanting the "And now you're gonna believe us (we're gonna win the league)" chant Liverpool used last season.

That worked a treat.

That worked a treat.

Unfortunately didnt work out for Liverpool.

Would be more of a havinh a laugh type of chant.

• Like 1

Tonight's match will go a long way to deciding the outcome of this season. It is Brisbane's match-in-hand, their opportunity to put a real squeeze on us and Victory's opportunity to get one hand close to the Premier's Plate.

For me, i think it will either finish in a draw or a Victory win.

FFA better not back down on this, if it's true and perth were about 400k over the cap then they should of been given the spoon and punished further, maybe even take away a visa spot for next season. Heaps over the cap and wanted more players, wonder if they really thought they could add khalfallah and get away with that too.

It's not like they were hundreds or a couple thousand over the cap which could be a point deduction, but they've massively cheated the league.

FFA should be aware of every clubs spending though

I hope Roar beat Victory twice in a row and deny Victory the Toilet Seat and relegates them to third. This would mean we would drop down to 6th place following Glory's elimination.

We then play Victory in the quarter final. Victory lead three nil at half time and we peg them back with three second half goals and then with a 98th minute winner (following several elbow related injury stoppages) from a pentaly due to a handball in the box from Berisha when he dives at the wrong end (can't teach an old dog new tricks) and grabs hold of the ball.

After that anything is a bonus. :D

• Like 2

I hope Roar beat Victory twice in a row and deny Victory the Toilet Seat and relegates them to third. This would mean we would drop down to 6th place following Glory's elimination.

We then play Victory in the quarter final. Victory lead three nil at half time and we peg them back with three second half goals and then with a 98th minute winner (following several elbow related injury stoppages) from a pentaly due to a handball in the box from Berisha when he dives at the wrong end (can't teach an old dog new tricks) and grabs hold of the ball.

Lolz. Smoking the weed me thinks ;)

Lolz. Smoking the weed me thinks ;) If it was weed it wouldn't be longer than 2 sentences.

Crack. Definitely smoking crack.

• Like 1

Perth are officially out and we will certainly make finals. Finishing what is now sixth would be pretty hollow though so I hope we stay fifth.

The pressure is now off JVS and the team and off Brisbane as well. Maybe everything would have been fine with perth still in the comp but we'll never know. Looking at the way the team has ended most seasons it would have been nice to see a strong end to a season with pressure to make finals still on. 

We need to finish 5th, not 6th. Finishing 6th because of someone else being excluded would be less than satisfying.

I was wrong on thinking that Perth may escape the clutches of the FFA, but I still would like to see us play and defeat Victory in the final series.

Also glad we earned our ticket to finals. 

I actually hope we come up against Sydney in the semi, they have a terrible home record, and we beat them last time around. A derby grand final would be great, but I'm not holding my breath.

Have no real expectations for results this finals series, but just hope the team give it 110%.

• Like 1