Melbourne Football

Round 13: Newcastle v. City, Tuesday 30th Dec, K.O. 5.00 p.m.

jw1739

Its good to see our front 3 so fluid in attack. Jets are poor without the ball and we have been able to exploit that for 2 of our goals. It is a concern that we have sat back for the last 15 minutes, and sat too deep. We were lucky that Jets didn't score. 

I'd replace Melling at half time, he's already on a yellow and will miss next week anyway, the problem is that Koren won't last 90 minutes and Duff may or may not.

Don't think Melling will be on for long if at all in the second half. Looks like getting another yellow, needs to be subbed. Probably drop Koren back into the middle and Williams to number 9.

No midfielder on the bench and Koren probably can't make 90min. Definite problem.

We all love Jake but he is a red card waiting to happen Was thinking this. How we have no midfielders on the bench when we have 1 reckless kid and a player returning from injury in our starting midfield is beyond me.

Don't think Melling will be on for long if at all in the second half. Looks like getting another yellow, needs to be subbed. Probably drop Koren back into the middle and Williams to number 9.

No midfielder on the bench and Koren probably can't make 90min. Definite problem.

We all love Jake but he is a red card waiting to happen Was thinking this. How we have no midfielders on the bench when we have 1 reckless kid and a player returning from injury in our starting midfield is beyond me.

Plus the squad is made up of 90% midfielders. I am surprised we had enough non midfielders to even make up the numbers on the bench

Edited by malloy
  • Like 1

Credit to JVS for actually making the changes needed in recent weeks, we pretty much all unanimously agreed that our front 3 was poor last week so what has he done this week? Replaced the entire front 3. 

Pity it took him a couple of months before realising he needed to make weekly changes.

No. No fucking credit to him for waiting until it's so fucking obvious that the team needs a shake up he almost lost his job because of it.

It's only now that he is doing what we have been saying needs to happen over and over again that we are showing some balls.

3-0 You mustn't have made it to my last sentence

I did. But I don't think he deserves any credit at all. He painted himself into a corner until the only option left was the one we have been wanting all along. And look at the difference.

He didn't have to drop all 3 of our starting forwards from last week though but he did and it's clearly paid dividends. I'm no JVS apologist and I admit I wanted him out earlier in the season but I'm just glad he's finally starting to do good things for this club, that's all.

Hopefully he pushes the lads to go out and snag a few more goals and defend more professionally this half as we looked a little vulnerable towards the back end of the half.

True, he didn't but since he finally decided to start acting like and actual manager the change in attitude of the players is clear. So now he has realized how effective being ruthless is he is going hammer and tong. Hopefully he is able to find the right balance though.

Definitely agree about looking vulnerable. I suspect the fizz about to go out of this game and we are going to focus more on possession and defense

• Like 1

We all love Jake but he is a red card waiting to happenWas thinking this. How we have no midfielders on the bench when we have 1 reckless kid and a player returning from injury in our starting midfield is beyond me. My guess is we don't have a midfielder on the bench as we thought jets would park the bus again and be very hard to breakdown. Hence firepower on the bench to win the game late.

Think Koren could pace himself through 90 if required or brown drop back to AM