Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

12 minutes ago, haz said:

Any this has been a strange rumour. I assume something happened behind the scenes, since I thought that Bouzanis was a good #1 keeper for us. I doubt Birighitti would come here as a #2 so it must be that Bouzanis is/made to leave. Best case scenario though is that Galekovic leaves (who I think is on decent $$) and we have Bouzanis and Birighitti fighting over the number #1 spot. IMO that would easily be the best GK pairing in the league.

I can understand that Breda want to shed Birighitti (although it seems they'll replace him if he leaves, so he's not really superfluous) but like you I don't understand what seems to have happened to Bouzanis/Galekovic since the end of last season, other than GK coach Vanstrattan going to the Tards and being replaced at City by Kalac.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I can understand that Breda want to shed Birighitti (although it seems they'll replace him if he leaves, so he's not really superfluous) but like you I don't understand what seems to have happened to Bouzanis/Galekovic since the end of last season, other than GK coach Vanstrattan going to the Tards and being replaced at City by Kalac.

Have we signed Kalac as our keeping coach?

i completely missed that news! Excellent move IMO. 

58 minutes ago, Rasputin said:

The club could have remained red white melb heart if it wanted to be cheap with no ambition.   Daddy needs to fork out some dough,  I'm sure he can afford it.

Yeah, because forking out millions on a 'best in country' training facility and building the best womens and youth teams is being cheap.

Yeah , makes total sense....

10 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Have we signed Kalac as our keeping coach?

i completely missed that news! Excellent move IMO. 

His efforts in that 2006 WC v Croatia match still haunt me...

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/22/aston-villa-fans-fuming-as-ross-mccormack-reportedly-looks-for-b/

I know its a pipe dream but wouldnt hurt for us to enquire if he was made a free agent. I can see him going to Rangers but doubt he would drop to League One.

We cant say no to someone who arrived un-fit and scored 14 goals in 1206 minutes (~13.5 games).

Edited by haz

4 hours ago, rass said:

So here we go again. Another team makes a signing and we're all crying about how shit our club is.

Do people realise that:

. There's 10 teams in the comp. 

. Believe it or not, the other 9 teams are allowed to make visa signings, independent of what we do. 

. The other 9 teams are allowed to be ambitious, not just us.

. We actually are not allowed to sign the 11 best international players in the world, while the rest of the comp must play local npl hacks.

. Sydney signing this dude does NOT actually mean we only care about youth.

. There's still 2 months before the fkn season actually starts.

The seasons over mate, premierships are won in August :'(

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Not sure that Birighitti will be in a hurry to leave NAC Breda just yet. Manchester City have the recalled their loanee GK back to Manchester. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/muric-recalled-by-manchester-city/view/news/317570

Although the news only broke the the Man C keeper going back, this article suggests that theyre not too keen on keeping Birighitti still.

https://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/nieuws/835871/-nac-in-de-problemen-moet-snel-schakelen-en-denkt-aan-zwarthoed-.html

"In the search for a new goalkeeper NAC Breda thinks of Theo Zwarthoed. The club is slightly panicked after Manchester City mercenary Arijanet Muric already retired after one game because Claudio Bravo is injured.

According to De Telegraaf Zwarthoed is one of the options. The 35-year old goalkeeper has been followed by NAC for some time, but the transfer could be accelerated now that the need is high at NAC. Black hat (35) is without club after his adventure at Excelsior.

Because Muric has returned to City, NAC has only two goalkeepers with Mark Birighitti and Karol Niemczycki. According to reports, Birighitti was on his way to the Australian Melbourne City, but it is not clear whether that continues today.

On Wednesday, NAC was told that City is activating the clause in the Muric lease. The club had the right to recall the goalkeeper if problems were to arise in England."

Looks as though NAC Breda is in the same darkness that we City supporters are.

Edited by jw1739

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

"In the search for a new goalkeeper NAC Breda thinks of Theo Zwarthoed. The club is slightly panicked after Manchester City mercenary Arijanet Muric already retired after one game because Claudio Bravo is injured.

According to De Telegraaf Zwarthoed is one of the options. The 35-year old goalkeeper has been followed by NAC for some time, but the transfer could be accelerated now that the need is high at NAC. Black hat (35) is without club after his adventure at Excelsior.

Because Muric has returned to City, NAC has only two goalkeepers with Mark Birighitti and Karol Niemczycki. According to reports, Birighitti was on his way to the Australian Melbourne City, but it is not clear whether that continues today.

On Wednesday, NAC was told that City is activating the clause in the Muric lease. The club had the right to recall the goalkeeper if problems were to arise in England."

Looks as though NAC Breda is in the same darkness that we City supporters are.

Like I said the Manchester City news only just broke. So im sure the journos sources might not be up to date yet.

But if the team/journalists had any confidence in Birighitti the articles would have read along the lines of 'He is sure to stay' 'NAC cant afford to lose him' etc. Plus that article starts off saying they are already looking at another keeper.

17 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Yep, and I can see Sydney and Victory are quaking in there boots while winning titles, while CFG complains about the lack of revenue.

Makes sense.

Huh? What's that got to do with us being cheap?

Fuk me man, is there any joy or positivity in your life whatsoever?

Edited by rass

15 minutes ago, rass said:

Huh? What's that got to do with us being cheap?

Fuk me man, is there any joy or positivity in your life whatsoever?

I am full of joy and positivity, can't you tell.

I will be more so if CFG did everything they can to invest $$$ directly into the men's side to give us the best chance of winning the league.

It's not hard by the way as the formula is pretty simple as demonstrated by the Tards and the Smurfs and that is,

make sure your visa and Marquee signings are in order.

I live in hope until that happens and hopefully it happens soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, icantthinkofacoolname said:

Birighitti doesn't seem very well rated among Eredivise fans based on this comment I saw on reddit. That being said I thought he was very good for the Jets a couple of years ago and based on that I believe he would be an upgrade on both Dean and Eugene. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 10.01.34 pm.jpg

Use the new reddit design man, so much better.

59 minutes ago, playmaker said:

I am full of joy and positivity, can't you tell.

I will be more so if CFG did everything they can to invest $$$ directly into the men's side to give us the best chance of winning the league.

It's not hard by the way as the formula is pretty simple as demonstrated by the Tards and the Smurfs and that is,

make sure your visa and Marquee signings are in order.

I live in hope until that happens and hopefully it happens soon.

You just want another dud marquee to drool over

1 minute ago, playmaker said:

Do you know his status atm? Is he injured?

I would like to see him start next to Bart on Wednesday tbh.

The last I read - and I can't remember where - was that he was "two weeks away" from being ready to play. I doubt that he will be considered for the Newcastle match - Joyce doesn't seem to favour playing anyone who is not super-fit.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

The last I read - and I can't remember where - was that he was "two weeks away" from being ready to play. I doubt that he will be considered for the Newcastle match - Joyce doesn't seem to favour playing anyone who is not super-fit.

He told me he was two weeks away at the kit launch. I took that as being two weeks away from actually being able to play, so as you say I can't see Warren selecting him quite yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, haz said:

Im not stressing yet, we'll sign at least one more VISA

Assuming that the Wikipedia table is up-to-date my purpose was to show that only two clubs have their full quota of visa players, two have four, and six clubs (including City) have three so far. So we're not dragging our feet as some comments would have us believe.

56 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

TBH once again the signings have puzzled me. 

I would have thought you’d build your team around the marquee but we seem to have filled the key positions of #10 and holding midfielder (Wazza loves thst one) already. 

Bit puzzled.

^^^^^^^^^  THIS   ^^^^^^^^^^^

• jw1739 pinned this topic