Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

Now that Bouzanis is off on loan a Goalkeeper must be our top priority. I am sure the club would not have let him go without a replacement waiting to sign. Bouzanis has gone now because the transfer window in Europe closes at midnight. So tomorrow there will be a lot of players without a club looking for a team and a lot of teams looking to offload players on loan because they could not sell them. Here's hoping a class Goalkeeper and Center half come our way.

Edited by Inchcolm

5 minutes ago, haz said:

In terms of marquee players, these are who is left to choose from (assuming theyre a free agent)

image.thumb.png.98573246ad90605ee6a94f6c30e48157.png

View the rest of the list here

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=2018&yt0=Show

Im hoping for a CB, but hey, I wouldnt say no to Ben Arfa, Sako or Yaya.

If we're making guesses, id be looking in the €1m-€600k range

image.thumb.png.24e4ab2dd4c0597e1996e4738dfe6cc9.png

image.thumb.png.e6c31d23af1acc9b1492e5e60c1d1319.png

There are few in there that I would jump at the chance of signing. Some valued at over 1 mil. Most would be looking for some kind of sign on fee. Thinking of wages can you guess at what we have left in the purse in terms of weekly wage to pay these players? The better players will be on 5,000-10,000 euros a week (may be more). I would imagine a quality player would have to come on loan where we part of the wages and the parent club pay the rest. I believe our Centre Half (if we get one) will come on loan.

NAC have just signed another keeper, and looking at another one too

https://nos.nl/artikel/2247799-nac-haalt-doelman-zwarthoed-vier-keepers-in-vier-wedstrijden.html

11 hours ago.... Birighitti is now 4th choice and NAC are looking to offload him.

https://www.bndestem.nl/nac/nac-lijkt-klaar-op-de-transfermarkt-of-er-moeten-nog-spelers-vertrekken~a2c5cb75/

De van AA Gent gehuurde middenvelder Lucas Schoofs is immer revaliderende, terwijl doelman Mark Birighitti inmiddels vierde keus is. Voor de situatie met de Australiër wordt naarstig naar een oplossing gezocht.

As @Inchcolm says, the Europe window closes tonight, assuming they dont sell any other keepers, he will stay 4th choice. The Australian window closes around mid-October so we have heaps of time to finalise signings. But of course the earlier the better.

7 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

There are few in there that I would jump at the chance of signing. Some valued at over 1 mil. Most would be looking for some kind of sign on fee. Thinking of wages can you guess at what we have left in the purse in terms of weekly wage to pay these players? The better players will be on 5,000-10,000 euros a week (may be more). I would imagine a quality player would have to come on loan where we part of the wages and the parent club pay the rest. I believe our Centre Half (if we get one) will come on loan.

The recent trend with our marquees is not spending more then $800k AUD per season on their salary (thats ~€500k, ~£450k).

That amount rules out any decent players in the top 5 leagues, but anyone in South America, Dutch League, Portugese League, Bundi 2, Lique 2 are all affordable.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

Prorirty List 

GK - Birighitti 

CB 

CF/Winger 

We should be able do this with a visa spot and marquee spot vacant 

Dont know why people are so desperate on a winger. We have 3-4 players who can play there, plus 2 of the best youth in the country

• Like 4

I can see why a strikers get mentioned now and again. If we lose Bruno through injury where are the goals going to come from. Do we have a ready made striker to fill his boots in this eventuality. We have 3 forwards listed on our web site Fornaroli, Innucci and O'Halloran (he is a winger not a striker.) Therefore a striker is a good shout.

3 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

I can see why a strikers get mentioned now and again. If we lose Bruno through injury where are the goals going to come from. Do we have a ready made striker to fill his boots in this eventuality. We have 3 forwards listed on our web site Fornaroli, Innucci and O'Halloran (he is a winger not a striker.) Therefore a striker is a good shout.

No point wasting a marquee spot. Vidosic can fill in there, if not promote youth to the bench. Last resort would be to sign an NPL player to sit on the bench.

We have scored 2 goals in our last 3 games 300  minutes  vs A League opposition. 

1 v Brisbane FFA Cup 120’ 

0 v Adelaide Friendly 90’ 

1 v Newcastle FFA Cup 90’

Positive is we haven’t conceded in all 3 but we need some potency. Ross would do this but can’t see it happening. 

Edited by CityBoyz

3 minutes ago, playmaker said:

We need quality up forward as we are not scoring goals against crap defenses.

Our defense is fine.

(On Paper)

Our attack is better then last season

Our defense is worse then last season

1 minute ago, CityBoyz said:

We have scored 2 goals in our last 3 games 300  minutes  vs A League opposition. 

1 v Brisbane FFA Cup 120’ 

0 v Adelaide Friendly 90’ 

1 v Newcastle FFA Cup 90’

Positive is we haven’t conceded in all 3 but we need some potency. Ross would do this but can’t see it happening. 

Conceding will make you lose games, keeping a clean sheet gurantees at least a draw.

Just now, haz said:

(On Paper)

Our attack is better then last season

Our defense is worse then last season

I see it that if we aren't scoring goals then we have a problem, if we are not conceding goals then we haven't got a problem.

That being said it's pre- season so it's all means nothing anyway.

My concern is that, as per last season, it looks as though the squad currently on the pitch lacks creativity up forward and too many wrong choices are being made. There is a tendency to go wide and central opportunities are being squandered, indicating a lack of vision and second option.

Also if Wazza can't get the defense right then he needs to go, we have 5 senior CBs in our side and all of good quality, what else does he need?

I suppose there is another aspect of defender or striker. I remember the days of the boring old Arsenal who won almost all of the games 1v0. Some supporters were happy because they were winning others were not because the paid their membership to be entertained. 

There are two quotes that almost contradict one another. "Winning is all that matters" and " Winning is important but the way you win is more important" (the need to entertain) 

On of Scotland's greatest managers stated "Football is for the fans. It can be the greatest game in the world but if there are no people to watch it, it becomes nothing. The fans are the lifeblood of the game." Is he saying if the fans do not like what they see they will walk away?

Would our support fall if our performances were 1v0 and 0v0 or would our membership increase if our results were 3v2 or 2v3? Difficult question to answer.

Personally I like to watch a game that has goals, rather than one with the lack of goals. But to try and keep two strikers happy when you play with only one up front is difficult.

After all that if I now have to chose between a Centre Half or a Striker, I am now in the camp of a striker. I want to be entertained

Edited by Inchcolm

1 hour ago, Inchcolm said:

I suppose there is another aspect of defender or striker. I remember the days of the boring old Arsenal who won almost all of the games 1v0. Some supporters were happy because they were winning others were not because the paid their membership to be entertained. 

There are two quotes that almost contradict one another. "Winning is all that matters" and " Winning is important but the way you win is more important" (the need to entertain) 

On of Scotland's greatest managers stated "Football is for the fans. It can be the greatest game in the world but if there are no people to watch it, it becomes nothing. The fans are the lifeblood of the game." Is he saying if the fans do not like what they see they will walk away?

Would our support fall if our performances were 1v0 and 0v0 or would our membership increase if our results were 3v2 or 2v3? Difficult question to answer.

Personally I like to watch a game that has goals, rather than one with the lack of goals. But to try and keep two strikers happy when you play with only one up front is difficult.

After all that if I now have to chose between a Centre Half or a Striker, I am now in the camp of a striker. I want to be entertained

As long as theirs a short beer line I'll watch two ants fight over bread crumbs. 

Just win.  That's all I want

1 hour ago, Inchcolm said:

Last season for the first half we were like watching grass grow. Eked our a few wins but fuck me if I had a pencil handy I would have blinded myself. Crowds numbers did drop, as some people Opted to stay home and hit themselves in the head with a hammer instead.

Second half of the season we had Arzani to watch and the team actually tried to play football.

Im in the “it’s the entertainment business” camp, but acknowledge I’m pretty rusted on so it has to be crap for a long time for the rust to break off.

Lookjng at our squad I’m a lot more confident this season will be watchable. I guess time will tell.

Dutch centre-back Philippe Sandler has signed for Manchester City from Eredevise side PEC Zwolle.

Reports in the Netherlands said City agreed a deal for the 21-year-old worth in the region of £2.6m with PEC Zwolle in January - a club record sale for the Dutch club.

The Dutch Under-20 international, who can also play in defensive midfield, joined Zwolle from the Ajax academy in the summer of 2016.

How many players can a team loan. Any one for double Dutch at central defence?

http://www.omroepbrabant.nl/?news/281960872/Keeper+Mark+Birighitti+per+direct+weg+bij+NAC.aspx

BREDA - Mark Birighitti leaves immediately at NAC Breda. The Australian goalkeeper and the Breda club have agreed to terminate the contract.

NAC took over Birighitti from Swansea City last summer. Since then, the Australian in the Eredivisie was under the bar during sixteen matches. His last appearance for NAC was the opening game of this season against AZ, a game that the Bredanaars lost 5-0. Birighitti lost his place in the base after that zeperd.

"Unfortunately, the Mark period at NAC did not become what we had used together in advance, " says technical director Hans Smulders on the club's website. "With the arrival of two new goalkeepers the perspective on playing minutes for him has been reduced considerably."

11 minutes ago, IssySG said:

http://www.omroepbrabant.nl/?news/281960872/Keeper+Mark+Birighitti+per+direct+weg+bij+NAC.aspx

BREDA - Mark Birighitti leaves immediately at NAC Breda. The Australian goalkeeper and the Breda club have agreed to terminate the contract.

NAC took over Birighitti from Swansea City last summer. Since then, the Australian in the Eredivisie was under the bar during sixteen matches. His last appearance for NAC was the opening game of this season against AZ, a game that the Bredanaars lost 5-0. Birighitti lost his place in the base after that zeperd.

"Unfortunately, the Mark period at NAC did not become what we had used together in advance, " says technical director Hans Smulders on the club's website. "With the arrival of two new goalkeepers the perspective on playing minutes for him has been reduced considerably."

Looks like he's headed for us then. Reading between the lines it looks like he blotted his copybook at NAC. I hope he can pull it back all together with us otherwise we've lost out swapping Bouzanis for him. Length of contract will be interesting.

6 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Loans still have to fit under the cap unless they are marquee.

IMO the 'Tards have been talking to Sydney's accountants.

I'm not one to stick up for them. But they have lost Williams, troisi wage, George, geria and donachie 

They would have alot of room in the cap 

10 hours ago, neio said:

I'm not one to stick up for them. But they have lost Williams, troisi wage, George, geria and donachie 

They would have alot of room in the cap 

Yep they'll have room and they are also doing what sydney have done quite well in a few seasons

Which is loading up on their starting 11 players with depth coming from good squaddies and youngsters

• jw1739 pinned this topic