Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

48 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Don't rate him mate?

I always thought he was a solid player

Solid yes I agree.

But I really think we need a player at the next level that can break the game apart. I would have been disappointed if he was our marquee AMF signing. I assume one is going to be announced because if not then losing Caceres just doesn't make sense.

But you are right he is a good attacking player.

Edited by playmaker
  • Like 1

This was tipped a couple of weeks ago. Overall, it's bit of a surprise to me, because I had thought that we would see Tommy Sorensen in this role. 

Other than this, as far as player signings are concerned, this must be our dullest off-season so far.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

True, but IMO people are getting a little nervous that it's not going to happen.

Well something is obviously not going to plan, I refuse to accept we leave it this late season after season to get the squad together. You would like to believe a good Nr 10 will change the dynamics up front. I'm really concerned about the progress of Kamau.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jovan said:

The longer it is before an announcement the more nervous I get. 

The possibility of no Marquee is increasing also. 

But as @Niko said a gun #10 and we are definitely in the mix. 

I have faith we will see an announcement soon.

I would love to see another forward/winger, we struggle at times to score enough with the combination of Kamau, Fitzy, Cahill and Bruno. Good on paper but it didn't work as we all know.

One player for each line, another right full back, attacking midfielder and a left winger.

52 minutes ago, Jovan said:

The longer it is before an announcement the more nervous I get. 

The possibility of no Marquee is increasing also. 

But as @Niko said a gun #10 and we are definitely in the mix. 

I have faith we will see an announcement soon.

Im sure we will get a marquee, atleast someone who is just paid outside the cap for the hell of it.

23 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

I don't think we'll make finals this year tbh

I don't understand how anyone can think we will go backwards from last season we can only improve haven't lost any key players,

victory have lost there best player and sign Milligan therefore will be strong again but have a shaky CB in Williams 

Sydney - still will be there 

wsw- with signings look good on paper 

the rest are meh I see us finishing 4th at absolute worst 

1 hour ago, haz said:

Only need to beat Perth, CCM, Newcastle and Phoenix

Newy look good this year, we always struggle against Perth, and CCM have some very good new signings. I can't see us coming higher than 5th, and if that happens it'll be off the back of some Bruno magic. 

Edited by Hellenic Hero
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Definitely the worst off-season ever, so far, from a signings perspective.

7 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

IMO it's been pretty shit for every A League team bar CCM, Jets and WSW. 

Well sure but we had an extremely good squad last season (the vast majority thought this too) so I dont know how any of you could be surprised that this off season that we didnt need to sign many more players, nor will? So of course its going to be slower than last season, and JW wasn't it you bemoaning the amount of turnover we have always had anyway?

Oh and of course WSW and CCM are going to seem to have better off seasons in a signing sense because they both had shit seasons last year. 

IMO the biggest thing we had this off season was the new manager and that is done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

Well sure but we had an extremely good squad last season (the vast majority thought this too) so I dont know how any of you could be surprised that this off season that we didnt need to sign many more players, nor will? So of course its going to be slower than last season, and JW wasn't it you bemoaning the amount of turnover we have always had anyway?

Oh and of course WSW and CCM are going to seem to have better off seasons in a signing sense because they both had shit seasons last year. 

IMO the biggest thing we had this off season was the new manager and that is done.

I'm not particularly concerned what other clubs are doing or have done, except MV because we're in direct competition with them in terms of public interest in this city. I just feel that with three more signings to be announced to make the minimum number of 20 players, with two visa places and a marquee place unused so far, and the blatant snub from Troisi, we have the appearance of being somewhat on the back foot.

As for turnover, this is the situation so far:

Outs from 2016/17: Sorensen, Franjic, Rose, Retre, Caceres, Colazo, Kuzmanovski, Gameiro.
Ins for 2017/18: Galekovic, Jamieson, La Rocca, Mauk.

Everyone can judge the current situation for themselves, and people are going to differ.

• Like 1

Saw something on Twitter linking us to Gonzalo Cabera, an Argentinian CAM playing in Malaysia. 

Seems like a decent player, scored 10 in 19 games this year whilst playing as an AM (as well as 5 assists), seems pacy and strong with a good shot on him.

http://www.futhead.com/17/players/18882/gonzalo-cabrera/

• Like 2

I'd be happy with a decent Spanish CAM around the 30 year old mark with the same pedigree as a Diego Castro or either of WSW's new signings.

Doesn't have to be a household name, we just need a technician who can draw defenders away from Bruno and then hit the killer through balls.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Nate said:

I'd be happy with a decent Spanish CAM around the 30 year old mark with the same pedigree as a Diego Castro or either of WSW's new signings.

Doesn't have to be a household name, we just need a technician who can draw defenders away from Bruno and then hit the killer through balls.

If you can get Iniesta out of Manus Island than we have our man!

• Haha 2

• jw1739 pinned this topic