Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

17 minutes ago, citymad said:

Herald sun has an article about Lesiotis and says that city are fuming. Perhaps they should use the wider CFG resources like i said earlier then these players might stay. 

Ha ha ha ha how good is Joyce! Everyone wants to play for the great man manager. FMD!

I even want to sign up for a 10year membership because i think he is on the right track with this club. 

1 hour ago, citymad said:

Herald sun has an article about Lesiotis and says that city are fuming. Perhaps they should use the wider CFG resources like i said earlier then these players might stay. 

Presumably he's out of contract? Otherwise, he has to be released by mutual agreement.

City need to realise that if we are going to be one of the major developers of young talent then other clubs are going to come shopping on a regular basis.

We also need to look at our own opportunities for young players before we bother the rest of CFG. No need to keep signing has-beens from Adelaide taking up places and salary cap when you have talented youth coming through.

Petrillo is supposed to be the "talent manager." 

With 7 matches in January, the opportunities will be there for any youth players that are in form and train well, particularly with injuries and transfers out.

I don’t want WJ gifting minutes to young blokes just because they’re testing the market. For all the shit he cops, I trust WJ when it comes to blooding youth. If he doesn’t think they deserve minutes then they probably don’t. 

44 minutes ago, Harrison said:

With 7 matches in January, the opportunities will be there for any youth players that are in form and train well, particularly with injuries and transfers out.

I don’t want WJ gifting minutes to young blokes just because they’re testing the market. For all the shit he cops, I trust WJ when it comes to blooding youth. If he doesn’t think they deserve minutes then they probably don’t. 

I kind of agree. But I still have this lingering feeling Joyce is an all round hack and that his youth development label is a convenient myth and here is my reason why.

Arzani would have developed at any A League club as many recently have and moved overseas.

Atkinson was the other one last season to emerge from the youth but on this seasons form he will be lucky to get another contract of any significance. 

Genre left on loan.

Pierus played 1 game never seen of again.

Now the recent youth national teams have been stacked with city players and maybe in the next season or so they will break through but for now the jury is out. 

Only time will tell.

Edited by Jovan
  • Like 1

Surprised we haven't been linked with Bobo, WSW and Adelaide seem to be the names floating around, but with Bruno looking 99% likely to be out the door, surely we would have to look at the best striker from the past 2 seasons. Although he's South American, so that's probably not in his favour. 

Interesting side note, Akinfenwa wasn't named in the Wycombe squad for their game against Wimbledon.....make it happen CFG.

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

As a marquee visa player really cheap and out of the cap. Sounds like CFG.

Likely happen.. , the guy has been everywhere around our club + attending the game last night wearing City apparel  ...close mates with Bart and spotted at Bundoora CFG facility a number of times , decent record in NPL but I’d rather Sekiyaaaaaa

1 hour ago, Afif Adam said:

Likely happen.. , the guy has been everywhere around our club + attending the game last night wearing City apparel  ...close mates with Bart and spotted at Bundoora CFG facility a number of times , decent record in NPL but I’d rather Sekiyaaaaaa

He works as a youth coach with the club, I think he has an Australian CItizenship as well so wouldnt count as a visa player

5 minutes ago, AXIOM said:

All I can say is they better be better then my El tuna cause if not I'm gonna lose it. 

Sorry to break the news but no chance.

To find a striker in January that will score on a ratio of 50 goals per 70 games is almost impossible. 

I'm hoping this standoff ends and like Tevez going back he returns and helps to win a trophy. (Also unlikely).

• jw1739 pinned this topic