Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

2 hours ago, bt50 said:

I'd be leaning towards the Jets as an FFA funded PR move. Also probably fits in from a footballing need type prespective there.

Potentially Sydney also.

Doubt Brisbane, as the Bakries were tight enough re the pay dispute at the start of the season, let alone paying out mega money for a single bloke

Really don't think FFA Jets would fork out for him, especially as reported that they have been in talks with parties from Asia and Europe over the sale of the franchise.

1 minute ago, Dylan said:

Wouldnt be surprised that an old slow Ronaldinho would still tear this league a new one. I think some perhaps think a little too highly of the A league in terms of skill, tactics, etc. 

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Players like this would liken playing in this league like playing a group of kids in there village when they are 70

3 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Players like this would liken playing in this league like playing a group of kids in there village when they are 70

I still wouldnt take him,  he would be a nightmare to control off the field and that will undoubtedly piss a lot of the other players off.

25 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Soccer has never been a game about individuals, even amazingly talented and once in a lifetime players.

Maybe in the A league.

Once in a life time players can turn and average side into a successful one, as 1 minute of brilliance can not only win the game but inspire the side to lift to another level.

1 minute ago, playmaker said:

Maybe in the A league.

Once in a life time players can turn and average side into a successful one, as 1 minute of brilliance can not only win the game but inspire the side to lift to another level.

Sorry mate that's just wrong at any level.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Thats the way it is. It's not an opinion, it's a fact, deal with it.

kden.PNG

@morphine Completely wrong about Kisnorbo. If my quick 10 minute chat with him at highpoint was anything to go by, he seems pretty switched on. The blokes also the the size of a tank, you wouldn't want to run into him in a dark ally.

1 minute ago, kingofhearts said:

kden.PNG

@morphine Completely wrong about Kisnorbo. If my quick 10 minute chat with him at highpoint was anything to go by, he seems pretty switched on. The blokes also the the size of a tank, you wouldn't want to run into him in a dark ally.

"I'll tell you what, if there's one animal person you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley it's a salt water croc Paddy Kisnorbo. Fortunately they he don't live in dark alleys, preferring salt water AAMI Park instead." - Russell Coight

RCAAA.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, morphine said:

You blokes are kidding yourselves I reckon! I knew we've been scared off by some older failures in this league like Koren - but they were never that special to begin with. 

Ronaldinho is a once in a lifetime talent. A lazy talent, but genuinely one in 500 million talent. 

If we didn't need him to get back and defend (which I personally don't think we do with Franjic bossing the right), then I reckon he'd add a bit to this team. 

This.

Look, he's obviously a huge risk because you just don't know how much effort he would give.

..but as a player, exactly right. Just a supreme, special talent that could do anything with a football. 

It's what makes the thought of getting him so mouth watering.

• Like 1

Hold on, is our priority to win the league? For those wanting Ronaldinho to come here the arguement seems to be his individual talent and brilliance is worth having him regardless of whether he would actually contribute to the team environment or to us winning silverware. Someone enlighten me please. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

Are there any posters born before before the 90s, who don't want Ronaldinho?

If you've seen him play for 10 years at his peak, and think he wouldn't be a good fit due to age and timing and all that, fair enough, but I'm sure our younger fans wouldn't turn down Messi at 35 and Ronaldinho was the Messi of the 2000s.

Edited by mulhollanddrive
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Add a little bit of Samaras and a pinch of Gomez.

Vidic & Samaras would go alright. All these talks about Vidic and Aston Villa, won't happen. Vidic said when he left United he'll never play in England again. 

1 minute ago, bt50 said:

So, on the basis of your post in the other thread, do you know something or just taking a punt?

Hush, my young one. You will soon find out. He'll most likely be linked with NYCFC one way or another, but he'll be with us for a term 

Edited by possiblygeorge

1 minute ago, mulhollanddrive said:

Would you take Messi at 35?

Ronaldinho was last decade's Messi.

If you use to get up at 5am to watch Champions League in the early 2000s, you wouldn't turn him down.

Spot on. This is one of the reasons I started following football, to watch Barca and Ronaldinho play. Beautiful stuff! 

1 minute ago, n i k o said:

Hold on, is our priority to win the league? For those wanting Ronaldinho to come here the arguement seems to be his individual talent and brilliance is worth having him regardless of whether he would actually contribute to the team environment or to us winning silverware. 

If you are including me in this, I am sitting on the fence. Really not sure.

What I am actually referring to in my posts is the fact that people think that Ronaldinho wouldn't cut it at this level. If he had the right attitude he would destroy the A league defenders even if he didn't have legs.

3 minutes ago, millm103 said:

Spot on. This is one of the reasons I started following football, to watch Barca and Ronaldinho play. Beautiful stuff! 

Understand where your coming from. Personally I want the player to fit the profile that will win us the league. That's where we differ I guess. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, playmaker said:

If you are including me in this, I am sitting on the fence. Really not sure.

What I am actually referring to in my posts is the fact that people think that Ronaldinho wouldn't cut it at this level. If he had the right attitude he would destroy the A league defenders even if he didn't have legs.

I think you sit closer to forum troll than anything else. Time will tell otherwise I guess. 

• jw1739 pinned this topic