Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

No ones mentioned this but what about NYC helping us out by sending over a seppo?

Surely they have a fringe winger they'd like to get some games into.

It does seem the only thing CFG likes to share around is a poor choice of colours.

Perhaps I'm imagining it, but does seem to me me that we're a bit slow and stodgy when it comes to the transfer market, injury replacement players, etc. Other clubs such as WSW and Sydney seem to have a watch-list of players always to hand and their fingers on the button ready to press when the need or opportunity arises. I mean, when you've got 6-7 players on the injury list,  surely you have at least some preparedness in case it suddenly rises to 8-9? We seem to have the " Oh, shit. What on earth do we do now?" kind of response.

Despite my earlier post above, is Kew Jaliens really the best we can do? FFS, doesn't look much like a "finger-on-the-pulse" response.

Instead of bringing in a player that will be a game changer they bring in someone that probably won't do any better job than the current players already in the squad. I agree it does boggle the mind. If the arguement is that they need someone becasue of all the injuries then the same question begs, why bring in someone that isn't going to improve the team?

What needs to happen is better creativity in bringing in the right players under the cap .

When you look at our squad, Duff, William, Paartalu and Mooy are probably taking up quite a bit of the salary cap. Now Duff has already said he won't stay beyond this season, and if we can move Williams on then we can have quite a bit of money to be able to bring in players that will strengthen our squad.

I would be pushing the FFA to allow an extra Marquee player and maybe push the salary cap up by between 10% & 15%

Extra marquee will not happen any time soon and possibly ever. Depends I guess on the tv deal. Lots of clubs still making a loss each year, FFA doesn't want to deal with (more) bankruptcies or for some clubs to be run on the cheap and always lose. So salary cap increases would be more likely with more money from a new tv deal.

Looks like we just signed Newcastle Jets ex-Captain Kew Jaliens as an injury replacement as reported on 4-4-2 Website late last night.

This follows Kews acceptance of termination offer only moments earlier.

Thank you for this up to the minute information. I know I didn't see that it had been mentioned 5 posts before yours, as well as in several other threads, including a thread of its own.

the club pretty much has to get a replacement for Duff. He's on good money too so i would expect we get a high quality player.

Villa for 3 games would be a God Send right now.
Of course not going to happen even though it's still just pre season there

i think our best option would be a winger from the EDS. With the january transfer window closed it makes it a lot harder to find a player since the majority of them have already signed for clubs, and those who haven't are probably not up to scratch in terms of fitness and game time.  
Edited by heart_fan10

^ he just signed with Melbourne Knights

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/zahra-looks-league-after-malta-move-turns-sour

In his contract with Knights he's aloud to leave anytime he wants and he's keen to return to the A-League

He also states that he's received interest from clubs and is happy to be an injury replacement

Edited by haz

I would think we'll sign Zahra. Here I sit barely able to contain my excitement. Can't quiet make up mind whether I will get his or Jaliens name on the back of the brand new Manchester City Jersey I intend to buy to celebrate the occasion.

I'm going the other way.

I'm getting Yaya Toure on my Melbourne City top.Well, we may get him soon... Just weeks before he suffers a 6 month long injury.

• Like 1

I would think we'll sign Zahra. Here I sit barely able to contain my excitement. Can't quiet make up mind whether I will get his or Jaliens name on the back of the brand new Manchester City Jersey I intend to buy to celebrate the occasion.

Not sure if srs? He's been playing in Malta, ranked 52 out of 54 members of UEFA.

I hope that for once we will think outside the box.

Not sure if srs? He's been playing in Malta, ranked 52 out of 54 members of UEFA.

I hope that for once we will think outside the box. I'm serious that we'll look very seriously at him & I do think it's very likely we'll sign him. As to the rest of it, that's sarcasm , except for the bit about being equally excited about him & Jaliens, as I think both would have a similar impact (ie none or negative).

• jw1739 pinned this topic