Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

@WBAFCofficial: All at @WBAFCofficial wish @mulumbuofficial, Chris Baird and @jasondavidson29 all the best for the future following their release

Not sure if they'd come here but Mulumbu is quality as Davidson would be a good signing as well. I assume both will stay in Europe though.

Vukovic has officially moved from Perth. Moving to the east coast and being linked with tards and Wanderers.

Surely Coe wasn't on that much at Victory, how can they afford Vukcovic? And still be under the cap

Vukovic has officially moved from Perth. Moving to the east coast and being linked with tards and Wanderers.

Surely Coe wasn't on that much at Victory, how can they afford Vukcovic? And still be under the cap

I sense this is going to be a theme whenever anyone is linked with the Tards.

Must be some seriously creative accounting going on over there though.

I sense this is going to be a theme whenever anyone is linked with the Tards.

Must be some seriously creative accounting going on over there though.

Only explanation is that there must be some sort of sub-clause that allows them to remain below the salary cap at all times.

What would peoples reaction to signing Franjic and Davidson as fullbacks for next season?

Will take up to much cap space, we need genuine strikers

Probably already been said but maybe our first new recruit should be an accountant that can cook the books ala Tards style so that we can fit the entire Chelski squad under the cap with room to spare for Willo, The Hoff, Redders and the mascot.

• Like 1

I reckon 1 of Davidson/Franjic would be good, but as above- both would take up too much space under the cap, and that free space needs to be used to strengthen elsewhere. I think Franjic is a very realistic option, and a good one at that. Hopefully we can get him in for as cheap as possible!

Can someone with twitter, tweet the club and ask why? It's mandatory for all players to have one I thought.  Man I hope it means what I think it means.

I don't think it is. Not all the players have one, do they?

It isn't. Plenty of players don't. Example 1 would be the skipper

Oh I thought it was.

Not sure that it was mandatory, but it was certainly encouraged (remember, we claimed a first in having the players' Twitter handles on their shirts a couple of seasons ago - just another Munn gimmicky PR stunt of course).

I think under City ownership we're not interested in this type of PR. Not sure what sorts of PR we're interested in TBH.

What would peoples reaction to signing Franjic and Davidson as fullbacks for next season? 

I personaly would love it, that way we can have Novillo as a winger up the left side.

If were going to have Kennedy for a full season may as well try and use him properly, wide attacking fullbacks overlapping, none of this cutting in bs. Blokes that can actually whip it in regularly. We do this right even a geriatric Kennedy will score 10 goals. 

• Like 3

I personaly would love it, that way we can have Novillo as a winger up the left side.

If were going to have Kennedy for a full season may as well try and use him properly, wide attacking fullbacks overlapping, none of this cutting in bs. Blokes that can actually whip it in regularly. We do this right even a geriatric Kennedy will score 10 goals. 

Agree so much with you on this, except (as i am sure you know) the wingers do need to cut in, but only so they can play in the overlapping fullbacks.

• Like 1

Oh I thought it was.

Not sure that it was mandatory, but it was certainly encouraged (remember, we claimed a first in having the players' Twitter handles on their shirts a couple of seasons ago - just another Munn gimmicky PR stunt of course).

I think under City ownership we're not interested in this type of PR. Not sure what sorts of PR we're interested in TBH.

City are very big on social media JW

The club and most players have a twitter account and the club is very active on it

Oh I thought it was.

City are very big on social media JW

The club and most players have a twitter account and the club is very active on it

That said, I've no idea what it's like in Australia but I'm fairly sure that a high number of the twitter accounts of major world footballers are in fact just run by PR teams (whether club PR or player entourage).

This... every time it got to Kennedy he was taking on both CB's.

Our Wingers in general were used poorly all season right from the start when we had Duff on the wrong wing and on the other Villa who should have been playing Centre Forward in the A-League. 

• Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic