Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Agreed. Daylight Savings is the ducks nuts

The worst was when I was at College over here and my mates from Perth would ring me when out at night at 3am... I quickly learnt to turn my phone of at night time so I didn't get it waking me up at 6am every Sunday Morning.

Edited by cadete

TTIM: People who are constantly on Facebook asking questions that could easily just be Goggled. "Hey guuuuuuuuys- I am thinking of changing health insurance but I dont know who to go with. Anyone got any suggestions!" "Hey! I am going to Queensland in a month anyone know a good place to rent a car?" "I just booked flights to Thailand! So pumped! Anyone know the carry on baggage limits for Jetstar?" So on and so forth

*Disclaimer- I know I can block peoples posts but this chick is hot so I dont want to do that, but its really starting to bug me!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

TTIM: People who are constantly on Facebook asking questions that could easily just be Goggled. "Hey guuuuuuuuys- I am thinking of changing health insurance but I dont know who to go with. Anyone got any suggestions!" "Hey! I am going to Queensland in a month anyone know a good place to rent a car?" "I just booked flights to Thailand! So pumped! Anyone know the carry on baggage limits for Jetstar?" So on and so forth

*Disclaimer- I know I can block peoples posts but this chick is hot so I dont want to do that, but its really starting to bug me!

This is half the reason I have Instagram 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, cadete said:

The worst was when I was at College over here and my mates from Perth would ring me when out at night at 3am... I quickly learnt to turn my phone of at night time so I didn't get it waking me up at 6am every Sunday Morning.

As opposed to 5am? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

To be fair, sometimes the opinion of people you know is more useful, eg the car rental example you give. Health insurance you have no choice but to spend time researching yourself (those comparison websites aren't trustworthy), while the Jetstar example is 100% google and I don't know wtf is wrong with people who don't google shit like that.

7 hours ago, Tesla said:

To be fair, sometimes the opinion of people you know is more useful 

For sure. Its not so much the the asking I have an issue with, its the fact that its a minimum of one question every fucking day- most of which are just a simple Google search away..

10 hours ago, malloy said:

I think you have missed his point.

No, I got his point... 

I was just paying him out for his so called beloved love of Stimulants and EDM Bangerz.

Also I probably should have just explained in general that Daylight Savings in general is a bitch if want to be in contact with PPL in Perth during Summer which I am sure @hedaik and @perthheart will back me up on.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cadete said:

No, I got his point... 

I was just paying him out for his so called beloved love of Stimulants and EDM Bangerz.

Also I probably should have just explained in general that Daylight Savings in general is a bitch if want to be in contact with PPL in Perth during Summer which I am sure @hedaik and @perthheart will back me up on.

Actually it was pretty good when my parents lived in Perth as I could ring them after 7pm and they weren't in bed. 

When I worked at AAPT in faults we'd have this Indian guy who used to always accidentally call people from WA at 5am their time. 

5 hours ago, cadete said:

No, I got his point... 

Living in Perth during daylight savings was great for watching EPL  though

Just now, KSK_47 said:

Living in Perth during daylight savings was great for watching EPL  though

Yeah, living there was great for Football just before I moved over... got to see guys like Larsson, Sutton, and Petrov play Old Firm games at 8:00pm Kick Offs and then celebrate hard if we won as we only had Uni the next day.

• Like 1

TTIM

So most the time I post a TTIM I'm, not really irked, but this time I fucking am.

What the actual fuck have Arnotts done. These 'new & improved' Shapes are fucking trash. You had the single best savoury snack on the market in BBQ Shapes, and Pizza Shapes weren't far off either, and now they're ruined. At least the Pizza Shapes taste somewhat similar, just shitter, like a homebrand ripoff, but the new BBQ Shapes taste nothing like BBQ Shapes. I'm lost for words at how incompetent and out of touch with their customers the people at Arnotts are. There is no fucking way this will lead to anything but a huge decline in sales. And changing it back won't be good enough, I want heads to fucking roll.

Apparently the issue was the flavouring falling off the shapes so they made new flavouring that's finer and so stays on better. Well first of all, why is this an issue all of a sudden after decades? But anyway, the new flavouring is shat, and more importantly, having that much flavour on the shapes ruins the whole fucking point of Shapes. You need to have that biscuit flavour in there, otherwise what's the fucking point I may as well just go get some potato chips.

No fucking clue. I hope the CEO resigns over this shit.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Tesla said:

TTIM

So most the time I post a TTIM I'm, not really irked, but this time I fucking am.

What the actual fuck have Arnotts done. These 'new & improved' Shapes are fucking trash. You had the single best savoury snack on the market in BBQ Shapes, and Pizza Shapes weren't far off either, and now they're ruined. At least the Pizza Shapes taste somewhat similar, just shitter, like a homebrand ripoff, but the new BBQ Shapes taste nothing like BBQ Shapes. I'm lost for words at how incompetent and out of touch with their customers the people at Arnotts are. There is no fucking way this will lead to anything but a huge decline in sales. And changing it back won't be good enough, I want heads to fucking roll.

Apparently the issue was the flavouring falling off the shapes so they made new flavouring that's finer and so stays on better. Well first of all, why is this an issue all of a sudden after decades? But anyway, the new flavouring is shat, and more importantly, having that much flavour on the shapes ruins the whole fucking point of Shapes. You need to have that biscuit flavour in there, otherwise what's the fucking point I may as well just go get some potato chips.

Half of what makes shapes good is eating the leftover flavour accumulated at the bottom of the bag

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Tesla said:

TTIM

They're rolling out the new flavours right now but the BBQ one will stay as "BBQ Original" or someshit. Just checked their FB page and PPL (shout-out to my man det) are losing their shit.

3 minutes ago, strider said:

They're rolling out the new flavours right now but the BBQ one will stay as "BBQ Original" or someshit. Just checked their FB page and PPL (shout-out to my man det) are losing their shit.

lol I ended up buying 16 packs of BBQ and 10 packs of Pizza. I guess I'll get some more Pizza then if OG BBQ is staying.

Just now, Tesla said:

lol I ended up buying 16 packs of BBQ and 10 packs of Pizza. I guess I'll get some more Pizza then if OG BBQ is staying.

Hold onto them if you can tbh, you never know they might not even keep to their word and re-release or whatever the OG BBQ. Those boxes will be worth 5x what you got em for on eBay I reckon. 

Or u could get on the bake and munch em down at 9am

On 06/04/2016 at 5:42 PM, Tesla said:

TTDIM: Realised one of the packs I bought is still old ones, going to go back to the shops later to night and spend $200 on shapes before they're all gone  :up: 

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/eat/arnotts-changes-recipe-for-shapes-range-and-customers-are-not-happy/news-story/81f99423f3620c8f0d96d09cab276138

TTIM; when you go to a restaurant, pub, venue, etc, and order something fractionally under the bullshit artificial minimum so you have order additional food, only to find out 10 minutes later what you originally ordered (the only thing you truly wanted) has fucking ran out

Edited by mattyh001

7 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

TTIM: not having quiet carriages on peak hour trains.  I am so sick of having to cunts yap on about office politics or how their their house renovations are going every morning.

Not that anyone would shut up on them anyway

It only seems to be on the afternoon trains that this is an issue, morning trains have that glum silence which is great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thisphantomfortress said:

It only seems to be on the afternoon trains that this is an issue, morning trains have that glum silence which is great.

Not on my train unfortunately. Always a minimum of 2 indians on mobile phones every day no matter what carriage i get on. Glum silence is exactly what i want at 6am!

2 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Not on my train unfortunately. Always a minimum of 2 indians on mobile phones every day no matter what carriage i get on. Glum silence is exactly what i want at 6am!

Unlucky, I recently (well like 8 months ago now) moved onto the Hurstbridge/South Morang line, don't think I've heard a single word uttered on the train in the morning. That being said I mostly walk to work and the train is reserved for rainy days which may be a factor.