Melbourne Football

The JvS thread

Tesla

4 hours ago, Dylan said:

Id love to hear from @silva10 and @Falastur about when they think the trigger will be pulled, given they have had a few managers under CFG 

I can't believe he is still there Dylan

The fans need to bombard the twitter accounts of Melbourne City with the hashtag #JVSOUT

If he has a twitter account then bombard him as well. Take JVS OUT banners to the next home game. Get the fans to just sing JVS OUT throughout the game. Only direct action will make people act.

I tweeted Brian Marwood to get rid of JVS. His account is  @BrianMarwood_

I also tweeted the same to Melbourne City's twitter account

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Falastur said:

Ah, so you're william straiton? Interesting. I probably should've realised tbh.

Lol I wanted to use a user name with Vinny's name on it, but for some reason cocked it up when I registered on the NYCFC forum.

I prefer to use different names for each forum

Edited by silva10
  • Like 1

Just now, silva10 said:

Lol I wanted to use a user name with Vinny's name on it, but for some reason coked it up when I registered on the NYCFC forum.

I prefer to use different names for each forum

That's fair enough. You know you could've asked me to rename your account, right?

Anyway, slipping off Melbourne City here so I'll follow my previous (long) comment, where I said that I was unsure of what exactly the mood in the camp is like and so on by asking people here whether they have heard anything? I'm curious as to whether the players are still playing for the manager - there's only so much I can tell from watching games, and I've had to miss the last few as they've been played while I've been at work.

Just now, Falastur said:

That's fair enough. You know you could've asked me to rename your account, right?

Anyway, slipping off Melbourne City here so I'll follow my previous (long) comment, where I said that I was unsure of what exactly the mood in the camp is like and so on by asking people here whether they have heard anything? I'm curious as to whether the players are still playing for the manager - there's only so much I can tell from watching games, and I've had to miss the last few as they've been played while I've been at work.

I recorded Friday's game because I was working. I have yet to watch it, but feel I need to so as to find out how bad it was. The problem is that we have played two Friday night games at home and lost both! The manager has lost it tactically for me. Just like Kries in New York he seems devoid of ideas once we start struggling.

I am happy with my name on there thanks.

2 hours ago, silva10 said:

I recorded Friday's game because I was working. I have yet to watch it, but feel I need to so as to find out how bad it was. The problem is that we have played two Friday night games at home and lost both! The manager has lost it tactically for me. Just like Kries in New York he seems devoid of ideas once we start struggling.

I am happy with my name on there thanks.

Steel yourself before watching it.

2 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

Steel yourself before watching it.

lol I will

I hope one day I can get to a live game over there. It pisses me off that they gave acted with Kries, but have not with JVS. The only way these people listen is if you take direct action. The one thing that a boardroom hates is the shit turning on them.

1 hour ago, silva10 said:

lol I will

I hope one day I can get to a live game over there. It pisses me off that they gave acted with Kries, but have not with JVS. The only way these people listen is if you take direct action. The one thing that a boardroom hates is the shit turning on them.

A stiff whiskey and only soft toys at hand coz you'll destroy the telly otherwise  ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, M13 said:

I´ll give you my opinion.. That if it wasn´t for CFG having to shake up NYCFC first he would already be gone.
I gave him two games to save his job, One was an unconvincing win, the other an horrendous loss with the players hardly willing to put a shift in which tells me that they want him out.
If you have lost the players you are de facto gone..

NYC are in off season though so they have plenty of time to things right. We are a few games into a season that can be resurrected so if we are being put aside because NYC need to get there shit right that's fucked. 

The thing that gets me is that if Man City had a marquee that was no good and a manager that couldn't do what the title suggests then they would be gone by now ffs. 

I don't really understand why either, surely we are a cheap club to keep happy and firing, if something is not working fix it, marquee no good replace him, manager no good replace him. 

Email sent to Scott Munn saying that as a season ticket holder since our inaugural season that I won't be attending another game until we have a good coach. I also said that this included the Roar away game that I'd already organised air fares and accommodation for. I told him that it was unbearable and not the least entertaining.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Email sent to Scott Munn saying that as a season ticket holder since our inaugural season that I won't be attending another game until we have a good coach. I also said that this included the Roar away game that I'd already organised air fares and accommodation for. I told him that it was unbearable and not the least entertaining.

I like the fact that you sent an email man, but wouldn't it fall on deaf ears like it has the last 6 years. Would be cool if he replied and gave some insight into what's happening though. Keep us posted.

12 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

I like the fact that you sent an email man, but wouldn't it fall on deaf ears like it has the last 6 years. Would be cool if he replied and gave some insight into what's happening though. Keep us posted.

As a corporate man skilled in the black art of spin, he will most likely:

i) not respond at all

ii) respond with drivel and "thanks for your feedback and ...."

I suggest an outpouring of criticism on social media using twitter, facebook, etc. Any forum will do. I posted on the Melbourne City facebook page. I was heartened to see a lot of criticism of our performance with "JVS out" featuring a lot.

https://www.facebook.com/melbournecityfc/

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

The thing that gets me is that if Man City had a marquee that was no good and a manager that couldn't do what the title suggests then they would be gone by now ffs.

In fairness, at the end of last season an awful lot of people were saying that Pellegrini had had his one good year and that his second season had shown him up to be ineffectual and weak. The vast majority of the press were telling everyone how his sacking was already decided and it was just a matter of when, not if. Instead they decided they wanted to give him more time, and ended up extending his deal even (though largely because of the damage caused to his authority by the press rumours). The suspicion amongst the more reliable sources is that Mancini wouldn't have been fired if his antagonistic personality hadn't rubbed so many people up the wrong way. I'm not convinced that your assertion is necessarily correct.

• Like 1

Things definitely aren't perfect in the dressing room just by putting all the peices together. I think we might have JVS for some time more because unless they have a manager ready to go I don't see them changing him yet. The only exception to that is just how much he has lost the change room. The run of results we've had and I'd say a loss up in Brisbane will really put a nail in the coffin for JVS. 

4 minutes ago, Falastur said:

In fairness, at the end of last season an awful lot of people were saying that Pellegrini had had his one good year and that his second season had shown him up to be ineffectual and weak. The vast majority of the press were telling everyone how his sacking was already decided and it was just a matter of when, not if. Instead they decided they wanted to give him more time, and ended up extending his deal even (though largely because of the damage caused to his authority by the press rumours). The suspicion amongst the more reliable sources is that Mancini wouldn't have been fired if his antagonistic personality hadn't rubbed so many people up the wrong way. I'm not convinced that your assertion is necessarily correct.

Fair call but they know they can win with pelligrini and have won, how many people think JVS can win any trophy? Had great opportunity with the FFA cup but chose to play the best 11 we had at the time for the home and away games, surely rest them for the FFA cup game to guarantee at least a final. 

Starting now we have a very tough run until the end of the year. Only two matches at home, one being a derby, and four away matches against Brisbane (twice), Central Coast and Newcastle. I don't see more than six points in there, and therefore by the end of the year we will be firmly entrenched in the bottom four. If that is the case, I would expect CFG action at that point. I doubt that we will see it before then.

I know the club had some really high expectations of  building its membership off their favourably drawn prime time Friday night games. Low numbers and pathetic performances / losses, resulting in a toxic atmosphere, including rightfully angry and abusive supporters, has had the opposite effect, and I can only imagine that the negative impact right across the whole group. It doesn't look like turning around, their numbers are not going to be met, and loyal supporters are starting to walk away. Rebuilding trust in fans and then getting the commitment from non members to join is done for this season UNLESS JVS is sacked and we bring in a coach who will inspire interest and get some consistency in fighting competitive performances. Guest players will only be of longer term benefit if JVS is gone.

Edited by Torn Asunder
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, silva10 said:

I can't believe he is still there Dylan

The fans need to bombard the twitter accounts of Melbourne City with the hashtag #JVSOUT

If he has a twitter account then bombard him as well. Take JVS OUT banners to the next home game. Get the fans to just sing JVS OUT throughout the game. Only direct action will make people act.

I tweeted Brian Marwood to get rid of JVS. His account is  @BrianMarwood_

I also tweeted the same to Melbourne City's twitter account

I suspect that messages on the "social media" won't actually make any difference, although we'll probably all feel better for having sent them. There are enough adverse comments on there already that if the club was taking any notice of them it would either act or at least respond, but I cannot see either. I thought "City Voice" was a good initiative and signed up, but as far as I can see although there's an assurance that they "read every post" there's not a single response from the club that I can see nor even a mechanism to indicate that the OP has even been read.

There's no point to these club initiatives if there are no responses.

TA is right. There was a very toxic atmosphere on Friday night, even before kick-off, and probably as bad as in the last throes of the JA era. In fact probably worse, because so much has has been done off the field that should have produced tangible results. But Melbourne City's core business of men's football is not delivering.

I read and understand everything that Falustur has written about the way CFG prefers to act. But this is not a ManC or NYCFC situation, and not a Hughes, Mancini, or Kreis situation. We are into our sixth season of mediocrity, and indeed our third as part of the City Football Group - it will soon be three years since the takeover. IMO failing to act now would be the wrong decision, even if whatever action is taken doesn't make an immediate material difference.

John van’t Schip under pressure after Melbourne City’s heavy A-League loss to Wanderers

November 15, 2015

Matt Windley

JOHN van’t Schip says he is confident he is the man to lead Melbourne City to the promised land, despite boasting the lowest win percentage of any man to have coached 100 A-League games.

On Friday night he will come up against John Aloisi — the only coach in the club’s history who has found out you do not get unlimited time to prove your worth — when City travels to Brisbane.

Social media and fan forums contained scathing criticism of the team in the aftermath of City’s inept 3-0 loss at home to Western Sydney last Friday night.

But it is the coach who is most under fire.

The Dutchman has coached 108 A-League games for 35 wins, 34 draws and 39 losses, a record that mirrors the current travails of his team - consistently inconsistent.

His winning percentage of 32.4 per cent is lower than the nine other men who have coached 100 or more A-League games.

On any measure City was comprehensively outplayed by the Wanderers and van’t Schip manfully shouldered the blame for that.

But the former Ajax legend is unwavering in his belief that he remains the right man for the job.

“Yeah, I’m confident,” van’t Schip said.

And it’s important that we’re all confident, so not only me — because I can’t do it on my own — but the players and the supporting staff.

“It’s something that we have to go back to the drawing board, back to the pitch and work hard.

“There’s an important game and a difficult game coming up, Brisbane away, so we have all kinds of reasons to work hard and try to turn it around.”

City will have to make yet another defensive reshuffle this week with central defenders Patrick Kisnorbo and Aaron Hughes both likely to be missing with calf injuries.

Captain Kisnorbo picked up his injury against Adelaide in round five and missed Friday night’s game, while 36-year-old Hughes, in what was his club debut, was substituted at half-time after feeling soreness.

But in somewhat better news for the club, Socceroo Ivan Franjic made his tentative steps towards a City debut on Saturday when he played 57 minutes in the club’s 1-1 National Youth League draw with Perth Glory at CB Smith Reserve in Fawkner.

THE JVS FILES

John van’t Schip at Melbourne Heart/City

Games: 108

Wins: 35

Draws: 34

Losses: 39

Win percentage of 32.4 per cent is lowest of 10 A-League coaches with more than 100 games experience

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/a-league/john-vant-schip-under-pressure-after-melbourne-citys-heavy-aleague-loss-to-wanderers/news-story/e346327ee488eb3f6f4d90d7bb0b3805

4 hours ago, Falastur said:

Pelligrini has a history of success at Malaga and took a small club to a UCL semi final. He has also coached at the 'poisoned chalice' Real Madrid and Villarreal with success. JVS has shown consistent failure in his senior team coaching although he has had some undoubted success with development of individual players.

So this is what we know so far after reading through this thread,

- JVS was saved last season (apparently by the skin of his teeth) by winning that final, but the CFG were far from happy with the style of play and also the inconsistency of performance.

- JVS was publicly criticized by Scott Munn at the last FRG meeting about the loss of the FFA cup semi final. Saying that they blamed JVS and his selections

- There seems to be a rift between Kisnorbo and other senior players with JVS by their reactions to instruction during games. I reckon Koren is none too happy either. 

- Last friday the toxic atmosphere seemed on another level and that JVS' post match presser he took responsibility and blamed himself, which he hasnt done before to my    knowledge. (side note to that I loved Sorenson as captain. Just before the game he was barking instructions and got everyone into a huddle (Kisnorbo never does this)

- Now we have the two rumours that Munn is going to Manchester and also Jimmy's source has said the club has put the feelers out to Hiddink. 

Anyway my opinion of all that the decision has already been made and they wont just sack him until they find the replacement they want. I would hope that by talking to Hiddink it shows the calibre of manager they want to bring in. Its one space where they can spend all they want and I hope they do.

Edited by Dylan

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Starting now we have a very tough run until the end of the year. Only two matches at home, one being a derby, and four away matches against Brisbane (twice), Central Coast and Newcastle. I don't see more than six points in there, and therefore by the end of the year we will be firmly entrenched in the bottom four. If that is the case, I would expect CFG action at that point. I doubt that we will see it before then.

That would leave us fighting for 6th spot in the second half of the season, no signs of progression at all. 

Edited by belaguttman

7 hours ago, Murfy1 said:

John van’t Schip under pressure after Melbourne City’s heavy A-League loss to Wanderers

November 15, 2015

Matt Windley

JOHN van’t Schip says he is confident he is the man to lead Melbourne City to the promised land, despite boasting the lowest win percentage of any man to have coached 100 A-League games.

On Friday night he will come up against John Aloisi — the only coach in the club’s history who has found out you do not get unlimited time to prove your worth — when City travels to Brisbane.

Social media and fan forums contained scathing criticism of the team in the aftermath of City’s inept 3-0 loss at home to Western Sydney last Friday night.

But it is the coach who is most under fire.

The Dutchman has coached 108 A-League games for 35 wins, 34 draws and 39 losses, a record that mirrors the current travails of his team - consistently inconsistent.

His winning percentage of 32.4 per cent is lower than the nine other men who have coached 100 or more A-League games.

On any measure City was comprehensively outplayed by the Wanderers and van’t Schip manfully shouldered the blame for that.

But the former Ajax legend is unwavering in his belief that he remains the right man for the job.

“Yeah, I’m confident,” van’t Schip said.

And it’s important that we’re all confident, so not only me — because I can’t do it on my own — but the players and the supporting staff.

“It’s something that we have to go back to the drawing board, back to the pitch and work hard.

“There’s an important game and a difficult game coming up, Brisbane away, so we have all kinds of reasons to work hard and try to turn it around.”

City will have to make yet another defensive reshuffle this week with central defenders Patrick Kisnorbo and Aaron Hughes both likely to be missing with calf injuries.

Captain Kisnorbo picked up his injury against Adelaide in round five and missed Friday night’s game, while 36-year-old Hughes, in what was his club debut, was substituted at half-time after feeling soreness.

But in somewhat better news for the club, Socceroo Ivan Franjic made his tentative steps towards a City debut on Saturday when he played 57 minutes in the club’s 1-1 National Youth League draw with Perth Glory at CB Smith Reserve in Fawkner.

THE JVS FILES

John van’t Schip at Melbourne Heart/City

Games: 108

Wins: 35

Draws: 34

Losses: 39

Win percentage of 32.4 per cent is lowest of 10 A-League coaches with more than 100 games experience

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/a-league/john-vant-schip-under-pressure-after-melbourne-citys-heavy-aleague-loss-to-wanderers/news-story/e346327ee488eb3f6f4d90d7bb0b3805

About time the media put some heat on this ultimate flog

• Like 3

Chez, unfortunately I'm sure that this is the argument that JVS is making to justify keeping his job! Hopefully CFG are l;looking at this in a more sophisticated way and will already be preparing the leather suppository for him.

Just now, playmaker said:

CFG has a lot of love for JVS by the looks of things.

Great, let's swap him for Pellegrini then

21 minutes ago, Chez said:

With all the rightful criticism around this place it's amazing to think we're only one win from third and two wins off top spot. CFG could fix this mess whenever they want but they choose to do nothing. It baffles me. 

We're also only five points from being bottom.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Chez said:

With all the rightful criticism around this place it's amazing to think we're only one win from third and two wins off top spot. CFG could fix this mess whenever they want but they choose to do nothing. It baffles me. 

24 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

We're also only five points from being bottom.

And the only teams we've beaten are teams below us