Melbourne Football

The JvS thread

Tesla

Correct SF33, and it was also well timed with a 19 game winless streak. Great leadership.

I'm pretty amazed that CFG kept him on after the takeover with his track record.

I believe when CFG said they would be patient and listen at the very beginning it didn't just apply to what the fans wanted but that they would also look at all involved with the club before making rash decisions to remove people. See who's performing and who isn't first.

Well if you fans want JVS out then I suggest you make your feelings known at the game this weekend.

You can still get behind the team and make it clear you don't have faith in the manager.

Speaking from my experiences in the past with City and watching other teams, what pushes the baord to change managers is when it is clear he has lost the fans.

You mean do something like this and City will listen?

484368997-heart-fans-hold-a-banner-readi

5xsahc.jpg

Did you take this photo KSK?

As I would love to see one with the Old Rooster Kop included... as you can clearly see that the row of cards ends in the second last row.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Well if you fans want JVS out then I suggest you make your feelings known at the game this weekend.

You can still get behind the team and make it clear you don't have faith in the manager.

Speaking from my experiences in the past with City and watching other teams, what pushes the baord to change managers is when it is clear he has lost the fans.

5xsahc.jpg

Did you take this photo KSK?

As I would love to see one with the Rooster Kop included... as you can clearly see that the row of cards ends in the second last row. Nah Neither of these were my shots. I was directly in front of ys when this went up. In fact I think that's my head poking up from behind the advertising board in the top shot (behind the net)

I will have to search through and see if I have one with RK in frame

Edited by KSK_47

5xsahc.jpg Did you take this photo KSK?

As I would love to see one with the Rooster Kop included... as you can clearly see that the row of cards ends in the second last row. Nah Neither of these were my shots. I was directly in front of ys when this went up. In fact I think that's my head poking up from behind the advertising board in the top shot (behind the net)

Ah ok... its funny how it has been cropped to exclude the back row.

You mean do something like this and City will listen?484368997-heart-fans-hold-a-banner-readi5xsahc.jpg Did you take this photo KSK?

Ah ok... its funny how it has been cropped to exclude the back row.

From a photographic point of view it's nowhere near as impressive if you don't fill the frame with people holding the signs. Visually it would lose a lot of impact and obviously would not have the same message behind it either but I don't think the photographer would have really cared too much about that.

For me, my last shot posted on the blog was someone holding a sign as I knew they would not listen and that game was the end for Melbourne Heart despite what people hoped

You mean do something like this and City will listen?484368997-heart-fans-hold-a-banner-readi5xsahc.jpg Did you take this photo KSK?

I will have to search through and see if I have one with RK in frame Ah ok... its funny how it has been cropped to exclude the back row.

From a photographic point of view it's nowhere near as impressive if you don't fill the frame with people holding the signs. Visually it would lose a lot of impact and obviously would not have the same message behind it either but I don't think the photographer would have really cared too much about that.

For me, my last shot posted on the blog was someone holding a sign as I knew they would not listen and that game was the end for Melbourne Heart despite what people hoped

I get what you are saying about message...

As if the photo had included the last row we would be able to see more accurate depiction on the variety of views PPL held on the issue and the utter sense of  powerless that a significant portion of fans felt towards the issue.

I will have to search through and see if I have one with RK in frame Ah ok... its funny how it has been cropped to exclude the back row.

I get what you are saying about message...

As if the photo had included the last row we would be able to see more accurate depiction on the variety of views PPL held on the issue and the utter sense of  powerless that a significant portion of fans felt towards the issue.

Pretty much. That type of complexity would have been much harder to capture. Particularly considering the guy who took it is a victory supporter and probably wasn't really interested in anything beyond filling the frame

• Like 1

So according to cfg nothing is going to change and it's a long term project......man city took 4 years to win the premier league...blah blah blah

Looks like I have to waste another 4 years watching this garbage waiting for sun to rise for mcfc.

Ignoring the fact that we already had 4 years of heart crushing under achievements....

I don't think I can stand this any longer

So according to cfg nothing is going to change and it's a long term project......man city took 4 years to win the premier league...blah blah blah

Looks like I have to waste another 4 years watching this garbage waiting for sun to rise for mcfc.

Ignoring the fact that we already had 4 years of heart crushing under achievements....

I don't think I can stand this any longer

The good thing os that you don't have to watch. CFG, make us want to watch!

Melbourne City captain Patrick Kisnorbo defends coach John van’t Schip in wake of poor form

MELBOURNE City captain Patrick Kisnorbo says coach John van’t Schip isn’t to blame for the team’s poor form.

Kisnorbo, at the centre of a defence that let in five goals against Wellington, conceded his spot may be in jeopardy ahead of Sunday’s must-win game against Brisbane and also admitted confidence among the players is low.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/melbourne-city-captain-patrick-kisnorbo-defends-coach-john-vant-schip-in-wake-of-poor-form/story-e6frf4gl-1227143848255

Melbourne City captain Patrick Kisnorbo defends coach John van’t Schip in wake of poor form

MELBOURNE City captain Patrick Kisnorbo says coach John van’t Schip isn’t to blame for the team’s poor form.

Kisnorbo, at the centre of a defence that let in five goals against Wellington, conceded his spot may be in jeopardy ahead of Sunday’s must-win game against Brisbane and also admitted confidence among the players is low.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/melbourne-city-captain-patrick-kisnorbo-defends-coach-john-vant-schip-in-wake-of-poor-form/story-e6frf4gl-1227143848255

“I think he’s done a great job but it’s just one of those things that we’re going through a difficult period. I’m sure all of you in your life have gone through a difficult stage at one time and it’s up to you to get out of it."

“It’s like us, we just get judged because we’re in the public eye"

Thought i'd just post these quotes from Kisnorbo in Comic Sans for effect.

• Like 3

“I think he’s done a great job but it’s just one of those things that we’re going through a difficult period. I’m sure all of you in your life have gone through a difficult stage at one time and it’s up to you to get out of it."

“It’s like us, we just get judged because we’re in the public eye"

Thought i'd just post these quotes from Kisnorbo in Comic Sans for effect.

Live scenes from MC HQ

The comic sans font is most appropriate. Comic, because that's just what the comments are, and sans because they have nothing whatsoever to commend them.

Both Kisnorbo and van 't Schip - and the rest of the club - would be better to focus on actions rather than words.

I'm not in the active group, but perhaps one thing you could do is move to the Northern End en bloc for the first half, which would leave the Melburnians area completely empty. That might send a message, but then I suspect that the message would fall on deaf ears anyway.

• Like 1

I'm not in the active group, but perhaps one thing you could do is move to the Northern End en bloc for the first half, which would leave the Melburnians area completely empty. That might send a message, but then I suspect that the message would fall on deaf ears anyway.

Would be alright, leave the club crest tifo on the seats in the active bay while the active members go north end, would have to get there early as it's GA there, security wouldn't be happy with the roar bay close

http://tinyurl.com/k97rxng

Dortmund players pay back the fans

Borussia Dortmund is struggling big time in the Bundesliga, but despite facing the very real prospect of relegation, the fans have stuck by them every step of the way.

Despite Jurgen Klopp’s team collecting just 11 points from 13 league games, fans unfurled a banner on the weekend that read: “And if you fall I’m with you”.

Acknowledging their supporters, the players decided the give back, pouring beers for 1000 fans at the club’s Christmas party.

Mega-rich superstars Marco Reus, Mats Hummels, Ilkay Gundogan and Neven Subotic poured cold ones for the thirsty crowd and sat down to sign autographs.

A class act from a club with plenty of it.
  • Like 1

bring back Aloisi

TBH I think I deserve a go before Aloisi... but the one thing Aloisi did show that JVS doesn't is a bit of passion about the job and wanting to keep the job.

I remember Aloisi from a player in England

He would easily have got a game for City back then lol

Just goes to show that doesn't make you a good manager

Aloisi may have been a decent manager if he'd done a proper apprenticeship. Us fans couldn't #believe he got the gig after coaching the youth team for a single season. At a club haunted by poor decisions, that was the most calamitous.

• Like 1

Aloisi may have been a decent manager if he'd done a proper apprenticeship. Us fans couldn't #believe he got the gig after coaching the youth team for a single season. At a club haunted by poor decisions, that was the most calamitous.

I still highly doubt it...

If he had any real ability he would have learnt to swim in some shape of form after One and a Half Seasons.

I still highly doubt it...

If he had any real ability he would have learnt to swim in some shape of form after One and a Half Seasons.

Or would have gone on to coach at a lower level with the goal of working his way back up.