Melburnians Badge Vote  

261 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your preference

• Option 1
    • Option 2
    • Option 3
    • Option 4

Dat Ip address to username ratio

Nah, there are already 9k unique visitors to this forum this month (it's blown up ridiculously the last few weeks), so I'd say there are a lot of lurkers that just read the forum and dont post, but a poll like this forces them to finally register. There has been a spike in registrations yesterday/today, but I dont exepect it to be many multis, if any (will have a look when I have a chance and ban anyone using multis to vote in this poll) We're really pushing for people to sign up here on our social media fwiw.
  • Like 1

Jestr, I agree the club will ensure that blue becomes a key component of the clubs colours, and that's why it should be embraced.

I love the red and white, and am not a huge fan of the new kit or colour scheme, but it is clear that it will be here to stay. As a result, I think it should be acknowledged, especially by a supporter group that has been newly formed in association with the new version of the club, not the old.

ATM I think there is a huge danger of the Melbourne City fans becoming divided, with the "Heart" fans and then the "City" fans. The supporter group as it stands is still very Heart and as such pro-red and anti-blue. Despite the club being rebranded I don't think many if any of the Heart fans have truly embraced the changes and are still in the same mode they were pre-change announcements when the "keep Melbourne red and white" campaign was up and running. The change has happened now, for better or for worse, and it isn't going to be reversed. Further to this I think a logo that only embraces the Heart red and white stripes would make the group look like it is for Heart supporters only and might not help in recruiting some of the new supporters (I concede this is probably not a major threat, but a consideration none the less).

It's not a matter of the red or the blue winning at the expense of the other. By putting sky blue in the logo it doesn't mean the Heart supporters are "losing". The colours can coexist and I think a logo demonstrating as much would certainly set a good example. Remember that atm the club is still very red and white but in 4 years time it will be just as much white and sky blue. A solely away kit orientated logo might look a little silly at that point.

That's why I voted for logo 3, because it incorporates both the home and away kits at the expense of neither, and is a logo that shows that it will grow with the club and not try to represent Heart and Heart only.

We are definitely still red and white, but we are also sky blue.

Agree with this 100%! I know we want to preserve our history using red and white but to ignore the changes and not accepting any sky blue in the logo just makes us look like a group of stubborn teenagers

• Like 2

IMO they all need more white, embrace the white and we may get to keep it.

Embracing more white  ;)

xo0bwj.jpg

In case anyone is new here "We Gather Strength As We Go" is the English translation of the Latin "Vires Acquirit Eundo", which is on the City of Melbourne's Coat of Arms.

206kjt2.jpg

I'm in no way ignoring the current situation or the future changes towards sky blue.

I'm no longer fighting against it either.

Red will be phased out, period.

As for blue I'm not asking to remove it from badges, scarfs or for supporters to keep away from it.

I will be happy to sit or stand next to people wearing new home kit or blue scarf at AAMI

No problem at all.

Although I ACCEPT good blend of blue and red in new badges, I'm unwilling to assist new owners to paint us all blue ASAP

Edited by Jestr
  • Like 1

IMO they all need more white, embrace the white and we may get to keep it.

Embracing more white ;)

xo0bwj.jpg

In case anyone is new here "We Gather Strength As We Go" is the English translation of the Latin "Vires Acquirit Eundo", which is on the City of Melbourne's Coat of Arms.

206kjt2.jpg Prefer Latin too but need it smaller and in a cursive font.

Make the heart at the top just the shape of the old logo and not have the m in it. It looks out of place imo. Probably because it was such a 'modern' looking logo put at the top of a logo that looks more 'traditional'

Also delete red stripe closest to the centre and put a stylized flag in the centre, just like the club logo without the crown or mc fc. Just the cross and gold animals

Then I'll change my vote :P

Edited by Dylan

No. 4 is def the most relevant and well designed imo... agree with some other posts about the need to incorporate a blue central stripe though, otherwise very impressed.

proof of concept (bit of a shit editing job tho due to jpg compression)

ifDYbxK.png

No. 4 is def the most relevant and well designed imo... agree with some other posts about the need to incorporate a blue central stripe though, otherwise very impressed.

ifDYbxK.png

I like it. Only change I'd made is making the middle stripe red and have the stripe on the right sky blue. In fact, having the sky and navy blue combo (like in 3) would be perfect.

Essentially taking the middle of the circle in badge 3 and put it in badge 4

• Like 1

Clock hands at 20.14 please...

I reserve the right to change my vote if this happens. The reason i chose #3 over #4 was to avoid '2014'

I disagree that this club started in 2014. Yes it changed majorly and mostly for the better but its not a new club IMO.

I reserve the right to change my vote if this happens. The reason i chose #3 over #4 was to avoid '2014'

I disagree that this club started in 2014. Yes it changed majorly and mostly for the better but its not a new club IMO.

The supporters group 'Melburnians' started in 2014 though.

ifDYbxK.png

I like it. Only change I'd made is making the middle stripe red and have the stripe on the right sky blue. In fact, having the sky and navy blue combo (like in 3) would be perfect.

Looks too busy imo

BlLHW9O.png

• Like 1

So you're telling me we have over 185 active members in less than 24 hours?

Fuck I'm good at running a forum.

We have been pushing it on teh social media, hopefully a portion of them become contributing members.

Having the clock perfectly between 2-4am is much better tbh

• Like 3

Fair point, I accept that but can be confusing without explaination

• Like 1

The central sky blue stripe looks perfect! The one incorporating our home kit stripe is a bit unbalanced, plus we won't have that design for ever so it may be a bit short sighted.

I'd both for either of those over option 3 now!

I disagree that this club started in 2014. Yes it changed majorly and mostly for the better but its not a new club IMO. The supporters group 'Melburnians' started in 2014 though. It's a supporter group created for the support of the club which was born in 2009

Without the club there wouldn't be any need for the support group to even exist

I disagree that this club started in 2014. Yes it changed majorly and mostly for the better but its not a new club IMO.The supporters group 'Melburnians' started in 2014 though.It's a supporter group created for the support of the club which was born in 2009

Without the club there wouldn't be any need for the support group to even exist

I'm not saying either is wrong or right. It just comes down to what is trying to be said with the inclusion of the date. If it is in reference to the supporters group then it cannot be anything other than 2014, if it is in reference to the club it is upto the terrace to decide which date to include or whether a date should be included at all.

personally I like the 2am-4am reference, even though it is very likely unintentional.

ifDYbxK.png

Looks too busy imo

BlLHW9O.png

Would change from 3 to 4 if this was the logo!

Fair point, I accept that but can be confusing without explaination

Well, what's the significance of 03.00 or 15.00? I'd say that would require explanation, and it would be rather more obscure than 20.14.