Melbourne Football

New Active Support Group Discussion

Embee

1. What?

2. Everyone can make their own decision, the amount of work these boys put it should not be neglected nor thought of lightly.

3. Chants are only as good as those who sing them.

4. No

I will say this without trying to be rude.

Why cant it be continued as Yarraside? Do they have copywright laws?

If the work they put in shouldn't be neglected why not continue it as YS just with new faces running the show.

I agree with ur point on the chants. However some chants were made for heart not city for eg. "You are in my heart"

And poznan is a city thing. We are a city thing now.

Some1 will start it.

One of the best things about yarraside was that despite having chants and things copied by other A-League support, they always kept everything original and new to the leage.

Doing something because "it looks cool" even though its done by the biggest and best support group in the country and would make us look stupid. Is exactly the attitude you don't want from any new group.

No need to stop singing you are in my heart. It's about holding the team in a special place, supporting and following them. And if that's how you feel about city then no reason not to sing it.

• Like 1

1. What?

2. Everyone can make their own decision, the amount of work these boys put it should not be neglected nor thought of lightly.

4. No

If the work they put in shouldn't be neglected why not continue it as YS just with new faces running the show.

I agree with ur point on the chants. However some chants were made for heart not city for eg. "You are in my heart"

Some1 will start it.

You dont think you should respect the decision made by those who ran and put in countless hours so that you could enjoy the enviroment of the Yarraside End?

someone should really get in contact with the club and tell them to have no dealings with SSE due to that fact and inform the that the supporters will be working towards a new active group. 

Will all the banners, instruments, megaphones be kept for the new group or is it a completely fresh start?

1. What?

4. No

Some1 will start it.

You dont think you should respect the decision made by those who ran and put in countless hours so that you could enjoy the enviroment of the Yarraside End?

With all due respect mate, i think you should be looking at it from a different angle and that being that if Yarraside kept going, it would be the one real thing that City cant change and the one thing us supporters can link ourselves to.

Would be one of the few links left to Melbourne Heart we all have left.

I totally understand the reasons why the Yarraside arent happy with how this all went down and i agree with a lot your reasoning as like yourselves, i was fuming over the complete overhall of the club name, colors ect. I still wish we'd stayed the way we are when it comes to those things, but whats done is done.

It will take me a bit to get used to, but we need to hold onto what small amount of Heart is left in Melb City and to be honest, i was relying a little on Yarraside being part of that.

1. What?

4. No

Some1 will start it.

With all due respect mate, i think you should be looking at it from a different angle and that being that if Yarraside kept going, it would be the one real thing that City cant change and the one thing us supporters can link ourselves to.

Would be one of the few links left to Melbourne Heart we all have left.

I totally understand the reasons why the Yarraside arent happy with how this all went down and i agree with a lot your reasoning as like yourselves, i was fuming over the complete overhall of the club name, colors ect. I still wish we'd stayed the way we are when it comes to those things, but whats done is done.

It will take me a bit to get used to, but we need to hold onto what small amount of Heart is left in Melb City and to be honest, i was relying a little on Yarraside being part of that.

The problem is that the amount of time/work/effort/money that is put into running Yarraside is prob under estimated by most those who only take part mainly in the match day component of the group.

It is a serious body of work and the reality was that we were prepared to do that for Melbourne Heart. However over 20 senior Terrace Members agreed that they were not simply able to respend that amount of time/work/effort/money on a club with a New Name and Crest that will never ever attack again what was the Yarraside End in Red and White Stripes.

Edited by cadete

Okay I got some more names (can't help myself):

- Riverside - "Riverside Park" is situated right behind AAMI Park on the Yarra end 

- City Slickers - no explanation needed.

- Yarra End - Active Support area is on the Yarra End of AAMI Park

- Heart City - Obvious - it's both names this club has had, yet reminding people we're still "The Heart"

- City Hearts - a bit too gay?

- Heart of Melbourne

- Heart of the City - MelbCity's Membership slogan.

- City Domain - CityLink Domain tunnel runs under the Active Support area

- Heart Domain - It's like saying this is "heart's domain"

- Tram Riders - Trams are a Melbourne icon.

- Melburnians

- Melbourne Citizens

Vires acquirit eundo - It's the City of Melbourne motto meaning, "We gather strength as we go"

That's all...for now! Lol

Have to say that while I really like a couple of those I would suggest that the choice of name be left to those who are going to invest their time, energy and other resources into the new group.

Just hope though that the name is as inclusive as possible.

- Riverside - "Riverside Park" is situated right behind AAMI Park on the Yarra end 

- Heart City - Obvious - it's both names this club has had, yet reminding people we're still "The Heart"

- Heart of Melbourne

- Melburnians

- Melbourne Citizens

Vires acquirit eundo - It's the City of Melbourne motto meaning, "We gather strength as we go"

Non of them really stand out for me to be honest.

I would much prefer we stay clear of any name that will have "Citizens" incorporated in it

• Like 1

Just for me personally, I think the name should acknowledge our roots and the city of Melbourne itself. I was trying to think of something that involves Batmania or Heart but couldn't think of anything. Hopefully someone suggests something that most like so that the decision makes itself.

I think it'd be best to stay away from the Manchester connection.

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1

- Heart of Melbourne

- Melburnians

- Melbourne Citizens

Non of them really stand out for me to be honest.

I would much prefer we stay clear of any name that will have "Citizens" incorporated in it

The Be-Sharps.

Seriously though, we shouldn't worry about names and stuff until we meet and decide where to go from here.

I like Riverside, sounds unique!

but what @xXJawsaXx said is right.....we all should meet and decide to go from there, lucky there is a meeting on monday at the imperial to see whats happening.

Edited by elieanid