Melbourne Football

2014/15 Nike Kits (Home, Away, Third)

Dylan

This whole kit debacle would've been avoided if cfg had decided to keep the red & white as our home kit and worn sky blue away. It would've been popular with our supporters and most likely would have appeased sydney fc.

Instead we have an anonymous home kit and an away kit that is rarely seen! It's a bloody joke

I dont like the situation as much the next person but the club would say: What debacle?

Higher Membership Numbers, Higher Attendance Numbers...

As far as CFG are concerned they made a calculated gamble on the colour crap and collected even before the Season had begun...

And considering a lot of us on here even knew this would be the case even prior to the conclusion of last season it be safe to assume the club did as well.

This whole kit debacle would've been avoided if cfg had decided to keep the red & white as our home kit and worn sky blue away. It would've been popular with our supporters and most likely would have appeased sydney fc.

Instead we have an anonymous home kit and an away kit that is rarely seen! It's a bloody joke

I dont like the situation as much the next person but the club would say: What debacle?

Higher Membership Numbers, Higher Attendance Numbers...

As far as CFG are concerned they made a calculated gamble on the colour crap and collected even before the Season had begun...

And considering a lot of us on here even knew this would be the case even prior to the conclusion of last season it be safe to assume the club did as well.

I agree, in the end being a part of an English premier league club the interest was always going to be there. The next hard part is keeping interest and growing on it.

And when we wear our hand-me-down white we lose 5-2!

So the only answer is sky blue is what your saying? We never let in 5 goals before this season. I say the only answer is to get rid of what is new to the club this season! :P Aaron mooy? Lol drewmelbcity :ph34r:

Nah been down since day one

Group Members Active Posts 988 Member Since 05-June 14 Last Active Offline Today, 11:18 PM

So the only answer is sky blue is what your saying?We never let in 5 goals before this season. I say the only answer is to get rid of what is new to the club this season! :PAaron mooy? Loldrewmelbcity :ph34r: Nah been down since day one

Group Members Active Posts 988 Member Since 05-June 14 Last Active Offline Today, 11:18 PM

Because I haven't been a member of the fan forum from the start it means I can't have ever been a heart member from inception? I see how your logic works.

So the only answer is sky blue is what your saying?We never let in 5 goals before this season. I say the only answer is to get rid of what is new to the club this season! :PAaron mooy? Loldrewmelbcity :ph34r:Nah been down since day one

Group Members Active Posts 988 Member Since 05-June 14 Last Active Offline Today, 11:18 PM Because I haven't been a member of the fan forum from the start it means I can't have ever been a heart member from inception? I see how your logic works.

I believe it was a joke. I could be wrong though.

So the only answer is sky blue is what your saying?We never let in 5 goals before this season. I say the only answer is to get rid of what is new to the club this season! :PAaron mooy? Loldrewmelbcity :ph34r:Nah been down since day one

Group Members Active Posts 988 Member Since 05-June 14 Last Active Offline Today, 11:18 PMBecause I haven't been a member of the fan forum from the start it means I can't have ever been a heart member from inception? I see how your logic works. I believe it was a joke. I could be wrong though.

Hard to tell through typed words none the less go city bring home a w today

Is there any way of getting the home jersey before Christmas? Want to buy one for myself and the Mrs

Santa is your only hope, I hope you're on the nice list I've just seen the away kit on display in a shop in Swan St Richmond, thisisfootball.com.au

I'm tipping this is where the first batch of home tops the team wore came from - from memory the first practice match where the stripe was just the one shade of blue.

On what basis do people think that it's inevitable that sky blue will become the colour of the home kit, especially in the short term? City tried to do that before this season, the FFA said 'no' pretty emphatically, City's people seemingly shrugged their shoulders and said 'fair enough'. Why do people think that outcome will change in the near future (and especially next year, as some are suggesting)? Sydney will fight tooth and nail to ensure this doesn't happen and if SFC was successful last time, I don't see why the outcome would be any different next time and the time after that.

Are teams even allowed to have three completely different designs - let alone entire colour combinations - on their standard home kit in three years?

I quite liked the home kit when it first came out and I still do. Don't really see what's wrong with it, to be honest, besides the navy blue stripe. 

On what basis do people think that it's inevitable that sky blue will become the colour of the home kit, especially in the short term? City tried to do that before this season, the FFA said 'no' pretty emphatically, City's people seemingly shrugged their shoulders and said 'fair enough'. Why do people think that outcome will change in the near future (and especially next year, as some are suggesting)? Sydney will fight tooth and nail to ensure this doesn't happen and if SFC was successful last time, I don't see why the outcome would be any different next time and the time after that.

Are teams even allowed to have three completely different designs - let alone entire colour combinations - on their standard home kit in three years?

I quite liked the home kit when it first came out and I still do. Don't really see what's wrong with it, to be honest, besides the navy blue stripe.

Because the FFA will eventually realize that they need city more than city need to be here. Once city get their shit together the FFA will do anything to prevent them from walking and I imagine CFG know this and will use it to their full advantage. Edited by KSK_47

I think its not a bad kit, but to me is more of an away kit than a home kit.

Just dont get the same pride i had when i wore a Heart kit and no its not cause I've had trouble with the change to Melb City.

Just a little annoying that we got a kit that Man City had as a 3rd strip a couple of years back.

• Like 1

For all the keep red and white talk, 90% of you went out and bought the new City kit.

The best way to fight as a consumer is... don't consume.

1. That makes too much sense.

2. You dont get any attention quietly turning down a product.

3. What would these PPL do in between watching Fringe Sport A and Fringe Sport B if they didn't continue to follow A-League?

I think its not a bad kit, but to me is more of an away kit than a home kit.

Just dont get the same pride i had when i wore a Heart kit and no its not cause I've had trouble with the change to Melb City.

Just a little annoying that we got a kit that Man City had as a 3rd strip a couple of years back.

Yep the kit was more of a after thought. They just rebadged their old kit. What's worse is the crap about the colours and meaning behind the kit that they tried to spin. I knew it was spin but thought ok I'll see where it goes. But after seeing the Sydney game a couple of weeks ago and with us looking the same on the bench and NYCFC kit having no navy in it really has pissed me off. Don't mind if they want sky blue but we have to have some red trim on the kit and no navy.

• Like 1

It was in the window of a F1 and football memorabilia store on Elizabeth street in the city last night. Will probably pick it up as a kit collector you don't get more interesting than these 'purgatory kits' as Cadete aptly named them. Can go alongside my original 'Celtic hooped' Yeovil kit that everyone lost their shit about when they changed from all green.