Melbourne Football

2014/15 Nike Kits (Home, Away, Third)

Dylan

wasn't sure where to post this but I think a kit like this Inter kit would look good, because it pretty much matches the club logo. attachicon.gifredwhitekit.jpg

Hmmm...looks better on its own than on a player, in my opinion.

As the shirts continue to make their way to supporters, is there any more  info on the sizes and how they compare to our past manufacturers? Noticed the biggest shirt for the Nike offer was large last time I checked and unless they're pretty generous (6'6 and about 98kg) that will literally be a stretch.

I'm 6"0 and a solid athletic build, large fits me perfectly. If your 6"6 I'd think you need an extra large

wasn't sure where to post this but I think a kit like this Inter kit would look good, because it pretty much matches the club logo. attachicon.gifredwhitekit.jpg

As the shirts continue to make their way to supporters, is there any more  info on the sizes and how they compare to our past manufacturers? Noticed the biggest shirt for the Nike offer was large last time I checked and unless they're pretty generous (6'6 and about 98kg) that will literally be a stretch.

I'm 6"0 and a solid athletic build, large fits me perfectly. If your 6"6 I'd think you need an extra large

Yeah, wouldn't risk it...smart money is on me being an XL. I guess I'll just try one on at Rebel.

Yeah, wouldn't risk it...smart money is on me being an XL. I guess I'll just try one on at Rebel.

My new large Nike home shirt is slightly bigger than my Reebok (L)  and which was a touch larger than my ISC (L)

Turns out i ate to much in the off season, but am confident of fitting in it by Sunday !   

As the shirts continue to make their way to supporters, is there any more info on the sizes and how they compare to our past manufacturers? Noticed the biggest shirt for the Nike offer was large last time I checked and unless they're pretty generous (6'6 and about 98kg) that will literally be a stretch. I'm 6"0 and a solid athletic build, large fits me perfectly. If your 6"6 I'd think you need an extra large

My new large Nike home shirt is slightly bigger than my Reebok (L) and which was a touch larger than my ISC (L)

Turns out i ate to much in the off season, but am confident of fitting in it by Sunday ! Its a football not a donut

Its a football not a donut

Mr schrecky you fat cunt

As the shirts continue to make their way to supporters, is there any more info on the sizes and how they compare to our past manufacturers? Noticed the biggest shirt for the Nike offer was large last time I checked and unless they're pretty generous (6'6 and about 98kg) that will literally be a stretch. I'm 6"0 and a solid athletic build, large fits me perfectly. If your 6"6 I'd think you need an extra large

Yeah, wouldn't risk it...smart money is on me being an XL. I guess I'll just try one on at Rebel. My new large Nike home shirt is slightly bigger than my Reebok (L) and which was a touch larger than my ISC (L)

Turns out i ate to much in the off season, but am confident of fitting in it by Sunday ! Its a football not a donut

Mr schrecky you fat cunt

And my kids still  think your awesome !!!   -  I'm having second thoughts  

Mmmm Donuts

icons-390.jpg

Yeah, wouldn't risk it...smart money is on me being an XL. I guess I'll just try one on at Rebel. My new large Nike home shirt is slightly bigger than my Reebok (L) and which was a touch larger than my ISC (L)

Mr schrecky you fat cunt

And my kids still  think your awesome !!!   -  I'm having second thoughts  

Mmmm Donuts

icons-390.jpg

I've never seen a cup of tea-shaped doughnut before, or a metal bin-shaped one. Are those special Aussie designs?

Hurry up with the away kit ffs!

Deliberate tactic by management to force the die hards to conform to the new colours!

Perhaps. But I suspect it will backfire when 80% of the crowd isn't wearing any of the new range and more people are wearing Heart gear than City. I'm wearing Heart gear regardless, so they can delay it as long as they like, but it is pretty unprofessional.

Deliberate tactic by management to force the die hards to conform to the new colours!

Perhaps. But I suspect it will backfire when 80% of the crowd isn't wearing any of the new range and more people are wearing Heart gear than City. I'm wearing Heart gear regardless, so they can delay it as long as they like, but it is pretty unprofessional.

I think you'll be quite surprise to find there will be a lot of sky blue. I mean our supporter base has grown considerably since the takeover. And i'm not sure if you were at the family day but the line was endless at the merchandise stand. That being said i'll be wearing the new top with my Melbourne Heart scarf.

I'd love some evidence to this, that most people are going to wear heart gear, or as you say 80% of people. Which I'm guessing is a number plucked out of thin air?

As far as I can tell the only people who say they will only wear heart gear are a few noisy people on here, which is hardly a broad part of the supporter base.

I'd love some evidence to this, that most people are going to wear heart gear, or as you say 80% of people. Which I'm guessing is a number plucked out of thin air?

As far as I can tell the only people who say they will only wear heart gear are a few noisy people on here, which is hardly a broad part of the supporter base.

Of course it is. Do you think I've conducted extensive research and surveys on this?

Anyway, I'm basing it on a couple of things. To me, it seems that the supporter group/membership is now split three ways, with regards to attire:

Group 1: 100% embracing the new wardrobe and happy to wear the new home shirt and/or sky blue to the home games.

Group 2: Have accepted the new wardrobe, but have a natural preference for the red and white away kit, which is impossible to get, at this stage. May or may not also be slightly bemused (if not irritated) by the generic club merchandise being dominated by sky blue.

Group 3: Will wear old Melbourne Heart gear at home games, regardless of their thoughts on the new kit (which is where I fit in and I've honestly got no problem with the new kit and will buy it).

Right now, the club is not catering to Group 2 or Group 3 with the new range and it's even proving difficult for Group 1 to get what they want (e.g. hero printing)

Of course it is. Do you think I've conducted extensive research and surveys on this?

Anyway, I'm basing it on a couple of things. To me, it seems that the supporter group/membership is now split three ways, with regards to attire:

Group 1: 100% embracing the new wardrobe and happy to wear the new home shirt and/or sky blue to the home games.

Group 2: Have accepted the new wardrobe, but have a natural preference for the red and white away kit, which is impossible to get, at this stage. May or may not also be slightly bemused (if not irritated) by the generic club merchandise being dominated by sky blue.

Group 3: Will wear old Melbourne Heart gear at home games, regardless of their thoughts on the new kit (which is where I fit in and I've honestly got no problem with the new kit and will buy it).

Right now, the club is not catering to Group 2 or Group 3 with the new range and it's even proving difficult for Group 1 to get what they want (e.g. hero printing)

You forgot Group 4...

Group 4: Have 100% rejected the new wardrobe and will only wear Heart gear if they come at all. Are 100% not accepting of the takeover and will jump on this forum and abuse anything related to CFG. Yet are still pulling their cocks when our CFG related acquisitions, i.e. David Villa, score goals for us.

BTW, I'm not sure how you differentiate yourself between group 2 and group 3 as you will buy the new kit, which means you are accepting of it. Does that mean you will buy the new kit but not wear it? 

I'd call you group 2.5 - the ones that sit on the fence and sway in the direction the vibe on this forum moves towards.

• Like 2

You forgot Group 4...

Group 4: Have 100% rejected the new wardrobe and will only wear Heart gear if they come at all. Are 100% not accepting of the takeover and will jump on this forum and abuse anything related to CFG. Yet are still pulling their cocks when our CFG related acquisitions, i.e. David Villa, score goals for us.

BTW, I'm not sure how you differentiate yourself between group 2 and group 3 as you will buy the new kit, which means you are accepting of it. Does that mean you will buy the new kit but not wear it? 

I'd call you group 2.5 - the ones that sit on the fence and sway in the direction the vibe on this forum moves towards.

I'd say group 4 fits into Group 3. If you're not going to wear the new City gear at all, I feel that it's essentially the same thing, whether you're relatively neutral towards the changes (like me) or absolutely hate them.

I'll wear the new kit, but never to home games and possibly not to games, full stop. I collect jerseys and, at the end of the day, they look good. I think there is a distinction between wearing the new away shirt when it is available and wearing old Heart gear. And I'm not saying any of the groups are wrong, or one is better than the others...it's a personal choice.

You're dead wrong about me going with the popular opinion on here, with regards to this, to put it bluntly. Would love to know what you're basing that on. Or which poster(s) on here (none of whom I've ever met) I'm apparently following, by buying both of the new shirts, but only wearing Heart apparel to home games.

i might be high on flu medication, but the home shirt with the red scarf (melburnians or otherwise) is the best statement - red is the colour of the supporters. the white and blue in the shirt representing the players, and then us as the red coming together to make our club colours as a whole. you can embrace the new shirt, but make sure you always wear some red to home games to symbolise where we've come from.

yeah, i'm def high

You forgot Group 4...

I'd say group 4 fits into Group 3. If you're not going to wear the new City gear at all, I feel that it's essentially the same thing, whether you're relatively neutral towards the changes (like me) or absolutely hate them.

I'll wear the new kit, but never to home games and possibly not to games, full stop. I collect jerseys and, at the end of the day, they look good. I think there is a distinction between wearing the new away shirt when it is available and wearing old Heart gear. And I'm not saying any of the groups are wrong, or one is better than the others...it's a personal choice.

You're dead wrong about me going with the popular opinion on here, with regards to this, to put it bluntly. Would love to know what you're basing that on. Or which poster(s) on here (none of whom I've ever met) I'm apparently following, by buying both of the new shirts, but only wearing Heart apparel to home games.

To answer, this is the type of comment I am basing it on. To me it reads like you're happy to be known as a Melbourne City supporter in general but at a game scenario in front of fellow fans, you're a Melbourne Heart person. Don't know what the difference is...

But hey in the end, if I'm wrong, then my bad and good luck to you.

FWIW, I will be wearing both new and old gear to games. So not sure what group that puts me in....

You forgot Group 4...

To answer, this is the type of comment I am basing it on. To me it reads like you're happy to be known as a Melbourne City supporter in general but at a game scenario in front of fellow fans, you're a Melbourne Heart person. Don't know what the difference is...

But hey in the end, if I'm wrong, then my bad and good luck to you.

FWIW, I will be wearing both new and old gear to games. So not sure what group that puts me in....

To me it reads like you're happy to be known as a Melbourne City supporter in general but at a game scenario in front of fellow fans, you're a Melbourne Heart person. Don't know what the difference is...

Maybe so. But I'm a member, so at the very least, I'd be wearing a Melbourne City lanyard (I might go with some sort of mixture, as others are doing, but in reverse - not big on a scarf in the middle of summer though). Personally, I feel like paying for a membership, then going to the games and cheering on the team is support enough. It's not like I'm rocking up in something completely random, like a Sweden national shirt or an AFL guernsey or something: there's a pretty clear link to our club's history, that I'm keen on preserving, if possible.

I would say you're either group 1 or 2, depending on whether you'll make a point to wear the new or old colours to the home games. I think the main thing is there's nothing wrong with any of these decisions and I'm certainly not saying my choice is right and others' choices are wrong. It's just what I want to do, so that's what I will do.

• Like 1