Melbourne Football

2014/15 Nike Kits (Home, Away, Third)

Dylan

It is a joke if they don't release the away kit to the public but what can we do. While I think the home kit can be better, I still brought it and will still wear it to game because I want to support the team that is playing on the pitch.

Also, find it very slack from Nike that the only City merch right now from them is pretty much the home kit. All the other stuff like scarves, hats, t-shirts etc are mostly from the club and not from Nike. Waiting for them to release shorts, pre-game jackets etc. They should be out already considering we are heading into round 4 but what can you do. 

It is a joke if they don't release the away kit to the public but what can we do. While I think the home kit can be better, I still brought it and will still wear it to game because I want to support the team that is playing on the pitch.

Also, find it very slack from Nike that the only City merch right now from them is pretty much the home kit. All the other stuff like scarves, hats, t-shirts etc are mostly from the club and not from Nike. Waiting for them to release shorts, pre-game jackets etc. They should be out already considering we are heading into round 4 but what can you do.

Go old school and make your own?

Go old school and make your own?

What, make my own City merch? 

emailed nike today about the away kit, will let everyone know when i get a response

really wanted the new away kit cause my only home kit is from season 1 and it's getting pretty small and kappa rash vests are horrible

anyone else get the feeling city will do a "3rd kit comp" and the winner will be sky blue?

Next season our away kit with be sky blue and black...the red and white will be gone only will remain in our city logo. Inside word. Mate has a work thing happening with melbourne city and he got told by a guy who works there. How true it is I dunno a bit of he said she said but I truly believe it will happen. When I got told on Sunday I said they prob won't even release the red and white tops. Look what happend. There not coming out.

Diabolical if true, then again, there is a "delay" in releasing the away kit for fan purchase.

If this rumour turns out to be true, would Melbourne City be the first club ever in the history of football to have an away kit and not release it to the fans for purchase because the owners are worried that the colours may overwhelm those of another football club which few people really care about?

Next season our away kit with be sky blue and black...the red and white will be gone only will remain in our city logo. Inside word. Mate has a work thing happening with melbourne city and he got told by a guy who works there. How true it is I dunno a bit of he said she said but I truly believe it will happen. When I got told on Sunday I said they prob won't even release the red and white tops. Look what happend. There not coming out.

How do you know they're not coming out? Source?

Called the club today. This was my third time I've called first time it was after the Newcastle game. Then after Brisbane game we should have them, then called today and they have no ETA and will not be taking any pre orders on them.

So take that as you will but I'm pretty sure Nike are a multi billion dollar company I'm sure they could make 10 thousand city away strips. IMO they won't get released.

Let's be realistic, There was a slim chance they would have these up for sale. CFG would want to have across the board skyblue, I wouldn't be surprised next season if our home kit this year is our away next.

I have the exact same feeling.  Basically MCFC are going to say to the FFA, if you want us to build a world class training and youth facility here you are going to let us adopt Sky blue. To which the FFA will reply...absolutely!

The red and white was just a peace bridge for fans, it will not last more than two years.

You know if we all banded together that things can be changed and done!

Look what happened to Liverpool fans who wanted their old owners to get out....they went to the courts and won.

Another example this time local.....as much as I hate bringing our rivals up, for this point I have to mention this........NT had its protest last season due to fan measures created by the club and the FFA, eventually they most protested and boycotted and brought huge media attention that it was enough for the club to react and negotiate, they (the fans) eventually got what they wanted (almost!). 

My point is, if we really want things to happen we all have to make a huge noise as much as possible from protests to game day silent treatment from the terrace to boycotting anything to arouse attention to get the message across to finally make the club talk and draw up changes for the benefit of the club and towards its fans.

This can happen only if we all had the balls to do it, but if we all are going to lie down and not do a thing, whats happening now is going to get worse.

Edited by elieanid

emailed nike today about the away kit, will let everyone know when i get a response

really wanted the new away kit cause my only home kit is from season 1 and it's getting pretty small and kappa rash vests are horrible

anyone else get the feeling city will do a "3rd kit comp" and the winner will be sky blue?

No 3rd kit comp this year. Also 3rd kit would still need approval so FFA would knock it back surely?

Edited by Kinnibari

No 3rd kit comp this year. Also 3rd kit would still need approval so FFA would knock it back surely?

Let's hope they keep knocking back any sky blue advances from City group.

Would not mind being sky blue - if Sydney wasn't.

I do like the white though.

Look what happened to Liverpool fans who wanted their old owners to get out....they went to the courts and won.

Another example this time local.....as much as I hate bringing our rivals up, for this point I have to mention this........NT had its protest last season due to fan measures created by the club and the FFA, eventually they most protested and boycotted and brought huge media attention that it was enough for the club to react and negotiate, they (the fans) eventually got what they wanted (almost!). 

My point is, if we really want things to happen we all have to make a huge noise as much as possible from protests to game day silent treatment from the terrace to boycotting anything to arouse attention to get the message across to finally make the club talk and draw up changes for the benefit of the club and towards its fans.

This can happen only if we all had the balls to do it, but if we all are going to lie down and not do a thing, whats happening now is going to get worse.

LOUD NOISES!

Release the fucking kits, ffs.

LOUD NOISES!

I don't see the point, Bcoz in the big picture CFG will do more positive than negative. Nothing stopping people from wearing heart kits to games

just thought id make myself feel bad by seeing what nike gear is out for some other teams

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pw/barcelona/99m

looking here though barca has the biggest range, then city and it drops away pretty sharply after that

Edit: Ive since learnt how to nominate different countries nike web stores and the ranges change dramatically (the one i linked was the US/default one hence the poor range)

Edit 2: the Dutch site still only has the home and away kit and 2 balls for PSV

Edited by Cinnamon

LOUD NOISES!

I don't see the point, Bcoz in the big picture CFG will do more positive than negative. Nothing stopping people from wearing heart kits to games

What are the chances of CFG trying to stop us fans wearing old heart gear, I wouldnt be surprised if they tried to get rid of it as well!

The point is if you want things changed, we all must band together and make change, examples: Boycotting, Silent Terrace Protest, Writing to Media, Getting Media Attention, Tifo Banners like we did at the end of the last season etc etc etc

if CFG believe they are hurting fans in not giving them what we (majority) all want and if it does get enough attention more negative than positive....the owners will have to listen, bad publicity is bad for them, they dont want to see a whole club with its fans in an uproar, there investment will go down and they will have a horrible media attention that will draw national and international attention. 

If that happens sooner than later they will bow down and give into our demands.......

Edited by elieanid

LOUD NOISES!

What are the chances of CFG trying to stop us fans wearing old heart gear, I wouldnt be surprised if they tried to get rid of it as well!

The point is if you want things changed, we all must band together and make change, examples: Boycotting, Silent Terrace Protest, Writing to Media, Getting Media Attention, Tifo Banners like we did at the end of the last season etc etc etc

if CFG believe they are hurting fans in not giving them what we (majority) all want and if it does get enough attention more negative than positive....the owners will have to listen, bad publicity is bad for them, they dont want to see a whole club with its fans in an uproar, there investment will go down and they will have a horrible media attention that will draw national and international attention. 

If that happens sooner than later they will bow down and give into our demands.......

But not everybody see's it the same way, Unfortunately you will prob find more white in the crowd now. YOU Can still and forever wear Heart nobody would judge you. But to be honest CFG will have it their way, Sky blue. With the name and colour change comes greater facilities, greater use of scouts, Greater appeal for players to sign with us. As much as I loved heart and its colours without CFG heart may not of lasted much longer.

i'm still not getting the conspiracy theories here. 

City will wear Red and white for another 10 games this year.  And it does look awesome. 

If they didn't want red and white they wouldn't have made the away strip them colors 

There is no merchandise available, not just the away strip.

We are just not used to having so many people wanting to buy our stuff!

Just depressing when so many people are so passionate about conclusions jumped to on the future of the club. 

No one knows what will be next year.

One would assume the a-league 2 year rule on colors still exists so next years kit will be identical to this years kit (Home and away) .

Live for the now 

• Like 2

City will wear Red and white for another 10 games this year.  And it does look awesome. 

If they didn't want red and white they wouldn't have made the away strip them colors 

Just depressing when so many people are so passionate about conclusions jumped to on the future of the club. 

One would assume the a-league 2 year rule on colors still exists so next years kit will be identical to this years kit (Home and away) .

Live for the now 

Again, well said.

No one has tapped me on the back yet and said I cannot wear my old Heart gear. Nor have I received any club emails banning me from wearing anything but sky blue.

So until that happens, I believe the issue with away kits not being available is a supply issue - and not some conspiracy theory that our new owners are now disrespecting us by trying to whitewash our history.

Edited by rass

Live for the now

As much as I don't like it, we will hardly wear red and white

Adelaide we won't

Brisbane we won't

West Sydney we won't

Perth we won't

Newcastle we won't

Then we showed we won't wear it against victory, so means we probky won't against Wellington and ccm

I emailed this to nike "Hi, I'm just curious to know when the melbourne city away kit is finally going to be available? thanks" and got this response today
Thanks for your email, 
We don’t have a solid date on the release for the away jerseys, but at the moment we are looking at around mid-january.
Cheers!
Tom