Melbourne Football

David Villa

kingofhearts

If the city group care about Melbourne then they will send Villa back to us to complete his 10 games. And we need him big time

Absolutely- and if he does come back, he HAS TO PLAY CENTRE FORWARD. Imagine how many goals he would have from the chances of Wiliams and Marino. and that's with their runs/worse anticipation etc. He was so wasted on the left for us.

If the city group care about Melbourne then they will send Villa back to us to complete his 10 games. And we need him big time

Absolutely- and if he does come back, he HAS TO PLAY CENTRE FORWARD. Imagine how many goals he would have from the chances of Wiliams and Marino. and that's with their runs/worse anticipation etc. He was so wasted on the left for us.

He was so wasted on us...

I thought you guys were all saying that he was a distraction?

You don't actually read the stuff posted on here after games? Lot of frustration comes out. He's one of the best strikers In the world & I'd have him under whatever circumstance I could get.

I thought I saw it consistently across a number of days, both immediately after games and after people had had time to digest situations. I'm fairly sure it got posted in the Melbourne City thread on the NYCFC forum, too. I figured this was a serious belief.

Don't think he was a distraction, he was just a liability defensively when played on the wing. Stick him centre forward and let Duga and Duff work back defensively to protect our extraordinarily shit full backs.

This was a problem because he arrived so close to the season start there was no time to integrate him into the team. The team was setup with the requirement that everybody defends. If he were here earlier it could have been set up differently.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It was comedy hour again with our club with Clint Bolton in the studio not knowing officially that David Villa wasn't coming back but JVS breaking the news. Even JVS stated he didn't know if it's official but stated it was.

The people in charge at the club are shit. It's plain and simple. A shambles of an organisation.

If CFG don't move soon to get better people involved then there will be no recovering.

Then Andrew Gaze asked the question about Josh Kennedy and when he will be arriving and JVS stating he didn't know exactly. Gaze was perplexed and stated how doesn't the club know when your star is arriving.

Just a complete shambles. Nothing has changed from the Heart and that is the biggest issue confronting this club.

Edited by Melburnian
  • Like 5

It was comedy hour again with our club with Clint Bolton in the studio not knowing officially that David Villa wasn't coming back but JVS breaking the news. Even JVS stated he didn't know if it's official but stated it was.

The people in charge at the club are shit. It's plain and simple. A shambles of an organisation.

If CFG don't move soon to get better people involved then there will be no recovering.

Then Andrew Gaze asked the question about Josh Kennedy and when he will be arriving and JVS stating he didn't know exactly. Gaze was perplexed and stated how doesn't the club know when your star is arriving.

Just a complete shambles. Nothing has changed from the Heart and that is the biggest issue confronting this club.

well it's now out there for all to see !

the more the media know, the more scruitiny

Was mortified this morning when Bolton confirmed my beliefs about the club for the last however many years.

I can't remember it word for word but he basically implied "It's different now when I'm not playing, you start to realise how much it means to people and how it can affect their week etc., when I was playing it was just rock up, play and go home and you didn't really let the results affect you"

Fuck me.  :hkpalm:  :hkpalm:  :hkpalm:  :hkpalm:  :hkpalm:  :hkpalm:

• Like 2

Was mortified this morning when Bolton confirmed my beliefs about the club for the last however many years.

I can't remember it word for word but he basically implied "It's different now when I'm not playing, you start to realise how much it means to people and how it can affect their week etc., when I was playing it was just rock up, play and go home and you didn't really let the results affect you"

And he was one that showed more passion than most

:hkpalm:  :hkpalm:  :hkpalm: CFG better be putting everyone on notice. I want people at the club from top to bottom who give a shit and don't just rock up and take the piss.

Problem is ( and it has been mentioned many times here), we can't just clear the deadwood, and there is a woodpile of that that would last a winters fireplace

CFG have to work in the salary cap

seriously how many players are signed beyond this year that we will carry for another year

some i can understand, good squad players that fit into the salary cap parameters, but others, will never improve , will always miss those shots from the 6 yard box

it's going to be the end of next season before we can really thing that we can "move forward"

I mean, when Andrew Gaze is taking you to task. Nice guy, but you'd struggle to find a bigger featherweight in the national sports media, which is saying something.

The thing is, we knew what the story was going to be with Villa. Because if he was any chance of returning, the club would have been all over it, bringing out the brass band to announce it. Silence is always deafening with Heart/City.

Fuck me. :hkpalm::hkpalm::hkpalm::hkpalm::hkpalm::hkpalm:

Sure did.

Top bloke though and is as close to a man crush as ill ever have lol.

I remember having a very similar conversation with him at my wedding this year and about the possible color change as my wedding was a week before the changes were announced. Didnt mind the colour changes as his kit always changed and never felt the passion fir the red and white kit as field player does which is fair enough.

Did also say he missed playing big time and he found it hard with the change of lifestyle from playing to back room.

Great that SEN have this bloke on. If there is any changes in backroom staff, I hope he isn't one of them

Off contract at the end of the year:

2014/15

Damien Duff (V)

Mate Dugandžić

Jonathan Germano (V)

Nick Kalmar

Patrick Kisnorbo

Massimo Murdocca

Iain Ramsay

Paulo Retre

Tando Velaphi

David Villa guest player

Rob Wielaert (V)

So much deadwood.

Can we start adding some of the suits to this list? Because a lot of them would fit comfortably in the 'deadwood' category and the 'how are you still here?' category.

I never thought I'd advocate this, but maybe it's time for some of these clowns to start reading what is being written about them on social media after every shocking performance. Or maybe for whoever in the Marketing Department is in charge of the social media accounts (and whom I genuinely feel sorry for) to tell them how much fun his or her weekend is.

lol, fuck this club

seriously

ok who would I cut

2014/15
Damien Duff (V) he is apparently going back to Ireland
Mate Dugandžić  would keep

Jonathan Germano (V) Sorry Shonny, when fit you are a good servant, but hardly fit , Adios
Nick Kalmar gone
Patrick Kisnorbo gone
Massimo Murdocca  would keep , good squad player
Iain Ramsay double gone
Paulo Retre gone
Tando Velaphi  would keep instead of Redmayne
David Villa guest player we will never see again
Rob Wielaert (V) gone

Edited by japiedog

Keep Murdocca? What you sniffin? With Duff being the exception, I'd only keep Duga out of the lot.

It's called toomuchcoffeestuckintheoffice !

I said squad player for Mass, who wouldn't get near a starting line up, fits in the salary cap can play a role when he comes on

Purely to chase , harrass, fill space, and run, run ,run.

• Like 1

Keep Murdocca? What you sniffin? With Duff being the exception, I'd only keep Duga out of the lot.

It's called toomuchcoffeestuckintheoffice !

I said squad player for Mass, who wouldn't get near a starting line up, fits in the salary cap can play a role when he comes on

Purely to chase , harrass, fill space, and run, run ,run.

I agree with that. If he's not costing an arm and a leg, he's worth having around. And I'm not sold one way or the other with any of our senior players (besides the visas). I'd like to see how they all look with a full squad (if that ever happens).

It's easy to say 'just cut them all', but with the Australians that are regular starters for us, it means you have to bring back another Australian in his place, presumably another A-Leaguer. There's eleven players listed there, japiedog is suggesting we should keep three of them. Not sure how we can strip the list back any more than that, really. We probably can't outbid for eight players (five local and three visa) because of the cap. We probably can't sell players on our glittering history. We might sell a few on predicted future success and the City connection (especially if we finish the season well), but that's about it. And I can't see that being enough to get five Australians that are better than Massimo Murdocca to join the club and keep us under the salary cap.

ok who would I cut

2014/15

Damien Duff (V) he is apparently going back to Ireland

Mate Dugandžić  would keep

Jonathan Germano (V) Sorry Shonny, when fit you are a good servant, but hardly fit , Adios

Nick Kalmar gone

Patrick Kisnorbo gone

Massimo Murdocca  would keep , good squad player

Iain Ramsay double gone

Paulo Retre gone

Tando Velaphi  would keep instead of Redmayne

David Villa guest player we will never see again

Rob Wielaert (V) gone

Isn't Germano going to become Aussie at the end of this season? If he does I think he'd be worth having around even for his 3 or so games a year.

I never thought I'd advocate this, but maybe it's time for some of these clowns to start reading what is being written about them on social media after every shocking performance. Or maybe for whoever in the Marketing Department is in charge of the social media accounts (and whom I genuinely feel sorry for) to tell them how much fun his or her weekend is.

I recall Michael Marrone saying something similar - that he never looked at the A-League table and where we were on it.